Back to Plagues, Witches, and War: The Worlds of Historical Fiction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Plagues, Witches, and War: The Worlds of Historical Fiction by University of Virginia

A unique and exciting introduction to the genre and craft of historical fiction, for curious students, aspiring authors--anyone with a passion for the past. Read classics of the genre, encounter bestselling writers of historical fiction, and discover your own historical archive while interacting with a global community of interested readers....

PR

Apr 03, 2020

I have learned a lot about historical fiction in english novels, the seminars with the authors were excellent. I am argentinian and it has broaden my spectrum about writing and how to do it.

JC

Sep 17, 2020

I'm not sure why I took this course. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed all the books and the interaction with authors. This was a way to experience literature without writting 5 papers on a book.

26 - 50 of 89 Reviews for Plagues, Witches, and War: The Worlds of Historical Fiction

By Ana M O

Apr 04, 2017

Excellent videos and reading material! Now I have more historical novels based on the recommendations done by the scholars! I hope a similar course is prepared presenting more authors!

By Alejandra S

May 22, 2020

Excellent! I particularly appreciated the place given to women, non-USA and Black writers. The teacher is engaging and clear and the guest speakers were remarkable. Thank you!

By Carlen H

Dec 28, 2017

Learned so much, I might take this course again! It prompted me to read several books I had not read before as well as learn much about my own writing. Thanks!

By Jennifer D

Oct 22, 2017

I actually loved this course!!

I also loved how many female writers and their novels were included in the course! Such a refreshing change.

By Cheryl L D

Oct 09, 2015

Very informative. Kept my attention throughout the lectures. And at my little UVA, too. Loved most all of it. Keep up the good work.

By Mary M R

Sep 25, 2015

Extremely well done. Offers a great reading list. Videos including author interviews add significantly to the course content.

By Maybelline N

Aug 26, 2020

Something I definitely needed to improve my Literature knowledge! i'm glad to have found this course, it was simply amazing...

By Charissa

Sep 02, 2015

The best course I've viewed on Coursera by far. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in fiction of any kind.

By Margarita I

Sep 17, 2015

Amazing teacher, great course, good balance and variety of books.

I hope there's a Part 2, I'd do that in a heartbeat!

By Katharine H

Oct 30, 2015

Excellent class. Learned so much and was my favorite of the three classes I took this last month on coursera.

By charlotte h

Dec 02, 2015

This course is really interesting and taught me a lot about different historical novels! Glad I did it!

By Zillah K

Aug 29, 2015

This was a fascinating experience. I learned a lot, and found a lot of new writers I now love to read.

By Susan K

Dec 29, 2015

Fascinating and useful information that I'll use as I work on a novel set in the 19th century.

By Olga R

Mar 06, 2017

I loved to hear from the writers their own experience when writing a novel. So enlighting!

By Kathleen F

Apr 29, 2017

It is such a good course to understand about the different areas of Historical Fiction

By Madeleine W

May 11, 2017

Really interesting course. I loved the interviews with all the different writers.

By Aleksandra K

May 11, 2016

Fantastic course!!! It was very interestic to learn the authors point of view

By Dan S

Sep 08, 2020

Insightful with great and inriguing guests; look forward to more!

By Malvika B

Feb 13, 2020

A highly informative and useful course for budding writers.

By Lillie G

Nov 16, 2015

This course was very helpful and I have learned a lot.

By Peter L

Sep 04, 2015

learned a lot so far, even the quizzes are intelligent

By Mary B B

Nov 24, 2015

Informative and interesting -- fun class to take.

By Sarah E W

Jan 11, 2016

Great course! Wonderful speakers and professor!

By Andrea

Aug 21, 2015

Great class and i learned so much about history

By John

Jun 13, 2016

A bit late, but this was a fascinating course.