Back to The Holocaust - An Introduction (II): The Final Solution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Holocaust - An Introduction (II): The Final Solution by Tel Aviv University

The Holocaust was an inconceivable historical event, which forever robbed Western culture of its innocence. As civilized human beings, we fail to understand how events of such horror could have taken place, and how an idea so inhumanly warped could have spread like wildfire through an entire continent, instigating the systematic annihilation of millions of Jews. This free online course was produced jointly by Tel Aviv University and Yad Vashem – the World Holocaust Remembrance Center. This course is the second of the two courses and covers three themes in its three weeks: Week 1: The Final Solution We’ll look at the cultural and mental processes that paved the way to the comprehensive and systematic mass murder of Jews in Europe – that is, the Final Solution. As part of this hard lesson we will discuss the various characteristics of the murder sites and death camps, and reveal selected aspects of the horror that occurred in them. Week 2: Jewish and Non-Jewish Responses to the Holocaust We will try to explore questions regarding knowledge about the application of the Final Solution, as well as a variety of responses and annihilation of victims, local populations and perpetrators. Week 3: The End of the War We will dedicate this lesson to the events that occurred in the last years of the Holocaust, as well as questions of memory, commemoration and future research. We strongly recommend that you register for "The Holocaust - An Introduction (I): Nazi Germany: Ideology, The Jews and the World" as well (https://www.coursera.org/learn/holocaust-introduction-1/home/welcome). Taking both parts of the course would enable you to obtain a fuller and more comprehensive knowledge about The Holocaust. This online course is offered in an innovative, multi-level format, comprising: Comprehensive lectures by leading researchers from Tel Aviv University and Yad Vashem. A wealth of voices and viewpoints presented by guest lecturers Numerous documents, photos, testimonies and works of art from the time of the Holocaust. Novel learning experience: Crowdsourcing – involving the learners themselves in the act of collecting and shaping information, via unique, exciting online assignments....

EM

Apr 06, 2016

Thank you for bringing such an extremely difficult subject to us in a knowledgeable and dignified way. I learned so much about a time in history that I did not really understand.

BG

Apr 10, 2020

A great course that helps one understand the enormity of a period in time when insanity reigned and barbarism ruled. Great lectures and ancillary readings and pictures and videos

26 - 50 of 90 Reviews for The Holocaust - An Introduction (II): The Final Solution

By Kelvin L

Mar 20, 2018

An astonishing introduction to the history that I thought I know but never really know. A very heavy topic but really inspiring.

Thanks for the course.

By Rodrigo S M M

Sep 19, 2017

Simply put, one of the very best courses I have ever taken on Coursera - moving, thoroughly researched and a most teaching experience. A must do.

By mary h

Dec 20, 2017

Maybe someone should adjust the time indicated for the readings. I think most say "10 mins" whereas most took me at least an hour.

By Rebecca C

Sep 01, 2020

Fantastic quantity and depth of information. Easy to understand but challenging enough to make you really think. Would recommend!

By Juan C B

Jul 26, 2020

Much of what is explained in this MOOC has certainly not been sayed to you, it is perhaps one of the best I have participated in

By Michel V C

Jun 28, 2019

Deseo un mayor conocimiento respecto a este tema y este curso me viene súper, lo mejor es que están en ESPAÑOL.

Muchas gracias.

By LeRoy G

Jun 20, 2019

This has been the best, looking forward to taking more on the same subject different line of the Holocaust.

*** Outstanding ***

By David H

Sep 03, 2017

A well put together course and very informative. Mankind proved once again the barbaric ruthless measures that we all possess.

By Nikita S

Jul 09, 2020

May be dIsturbing for some people.

But HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Detailed, precise and simple. Please join it. Tysm, TAU univ. ;)

By Clive C W

Aug 05, 2016

Painfully accurate, thoughtful and thought provoking, analytical. Clearly partial; but then it is intended so to be.

By Norman Q V

Jul 19, 2020

excelente curso, la verdad hay mucho por aprender sobre este tema, pero la enseñanza y el aprendizaje fue muy buena

By Erich-Dieter G

Sep 07, 2017

Excellent course! I thought I was familiar with the holocaust but there was and still is that I have yet to learn.

By Richard H

Aug 15, 2016

Thank you for this wonderful and scholarly course examining the Holocaust and Nazi Germany's actions.

By Matteo F

May 06, 2020

I THINK PEOPLE NEED COURSE LIKE THIS, WE HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST!

THANKS!

MATTEO

By Krista Y P

Jan 17, 2020

Excellent course to take if you want to learn the TRUTH of the Holocaust. They have it all.

By Mary O

Aug 12, 2020

Extremely well done and cleared up a lot of misconceptions that I had about the Holocaust.

By FRANK A

May 05, 2020

A FASCINATING COURSE THAT IS SO CHALLENGING TO EVERYONE. IT IS WELL-EXPLAINED THROUGHOUT.

By Sheila T

Sep 07, 2017

Very interesting and I learned more than I did back in high school and during my BS.

By charles b

Mar 01, 2020

Horrifying and enlightening course. How the evil was perputuated is beyond belief.

By Judith B

May 27, 2017

Excellent course. It should be required in order to graduate from any college.

By María F n M

Aug 01, 2020

FUE UN EXCELENTE CURSO ME AYUDO A CONECTARME CON LA HISTORIA DE LA HUMANIDAD

By tahnna

Feb 09, 2016

Very complete and objective course, in a very difficult and painful matter

By KOUSTAV C

Jun 09, 2020

Had a great experience of this as well as of part 1 course.

By Tuncer K

Oct 12, 2020

A great way to learn Holocoust from the jews perspective.

By Mary L

Aug 13, 2020

Excellent. Great presenters and logical and well done