Back to The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management by University of Florida

There are over 100 million horses, donkeys and mules in the world today and owners of these animals can be found on almost every continent and in almost every society. The Horse Course will cover many unique aspects of equine ownership and touch upon the science behind many of today’s management practices....

ES
Jul 6, 2020

Great course. A must have for all horse lovers. The instructor explained everything in a way that I could understand and grow from. I have learned so much thanks to this course and greatly enjoyed it!

TC
Sep 8, 2018

I have learnt so much by taking this course, so thorough and engaging, ill be sad to not be studying this on my evenings anymore for sure.\n\n100% recommend. Thankyou for holding such a great course.

126 - 150 of 339 Reviews for The Horse Course: Introduction to Basic Care and Management

By Dominika W

Jul 29, 2018

The course was truly great, well prepared and included all the specific knowledge on high level! I am very satisfied of joining the course!

By K B

Dec 28, 2019

The Coursera and Dr. Mortenson teams did and excellent job with this course. I highly recommend it! I’d love more courses about horses.

By Linda T

Apr 18, 2018

Really enjoying this course, I would say it was higher than just a basic course, but very interesting and offering so much information.

By ROBIN B

Sep 18, 2020

Great class, just the right level of information to learn, but not too much to become overwhelmed. Professor was fun and enthusiastic.

By Elli M

Apr 30, 2018

Great course! Covers a large breadth of topics from hoof anatomy to breeding. Even as a more experienced horse person I learned a lot.

By gemma g

Apr 11, 2017

As not owning a horse myself i feel this was great information to encounter. I feel this gives me an inmsite into equids as a whole.

By Kathrine m

Dec 27, 2020

if you are considering buying a horse for the first time then doo this course it will help/prevent the many mistakes made by owners

By Vanessa S D

Nov 27, 2017

Me gusto como el orden como lo dan, la información aporto mucho a mi practica diaria. El Dr. fue muy profesional y domina el tema.

By Valery A

Aug 5, 2016

Хорошо структурированный материал, преподнесен наглядно и доходчиво, касается основных вопросов, связанных с содержанием лошадей.

By Ignacio S L

Feb 4, 2021

It is a complete and general course about equid cares. It has tons of interesting and important information. Totally recommended

By Lucie J

Apr 29, 2020

This was an amazing course! I learned a lot and it helped me shape my ideas on what i want my future to look like around equids!

By Lisa B N

Apr 20, 2020

I found the information covered was sufficiently in depth and practical to be of real use to my daily interaction with my horse.

By Sara M

Oct 19, 2018

A lot of information, well structured and explained thanks to a great teacher and his team.

Amazing field to explore and enjoy!!

By G. R D

Sep 9, 2019

I found this course excellent, full of information and very useful to refresh some long lost concepts from my university days.

By Bellah N

Oct 24, 2018

I was loving this course all the way thorough. It was enjoyable and smart. I learn a lot especially about feeding the horse.

By Christopher T

Oct 30, 2018

This course is great for someone who has little to no experience with horses as well as anyone who just wants to know more.

By Karen K

Dec 7, 2020

I loved this course and I hope there will be more courses coming up about our equine friends. Thank you so much. Great Job

By vinit D

I am very happy with the course. I think, it is very well covered and the topics are relevant and to the point. than you!

Mar 9, 2016

It is a really good course with high standard. Very good teacher and all is very well made. Thank you to you all involved

By Diya J

Jun 17, 2021

D​r Chris J. Mortensen is a fantastic, knowledgeable, amazing, experienced instructor and his courses are very thorough.

By Stephanie P

Oct 31, 2020

Fantastic instructor! I loved the assignments we had to do every week, which really helped me learn more than the quiz.

By Sarah B

May 22, 2020

I absolutely loved taking this course. I learned so much about equine. I hope to see more equine courses in the future.

By Monty F J

Jan 22, 2018

Learned a ton about horse management. This should be a basic course that every single horse / donkey owner should take.

By Logan A

Sep 9, 2017

This course has helped me build on what I already know about horses and has content for me to expand and learn with.