Back to The fundamentals of hotel distribution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The fundamentals of hotel distribution by ESSEC Business School

In today’s hotel sector an increasingly complex network of traditional and web based channels have to be managed to insure hotel success. Key questions include: how should you distribute over the web? What should you include on your brand.com website so people book through it? How can you maximise the potential of online travel agents (OTAs)? With the distribution environment both highly complex and constantly evolving, this course will give you comprehensive foundation of current industry practices to help jump start your career in this fascinating domain. Acknowledgements: Claire Bertrand, Vincent Chatain, Jessica Moses, Benjamin Six (ESSEC Business School), Emilie Dupré (Image-In), Gregory Halidy (Triplay)...

IM

Sep 07, 2016

I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera

LD

Jan 07, 2018

Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!

1 - 25 of 201 Reviews for The fundamentals of hotel distribution

By Daniel H

Feb 05, 2019

I really liked this course and the insights given into hotel distribution and its channels. There have been things to take away from this which I have immediately been able to apply to my current job position and has positively affected the way I perceive and run my business today! The only sad part about this course is that it is a little outdated and a lot of complimentary reading links don't work!

By Mario P

May 28, 2019

I find the course very basic.

By MARIA G S

Nov 10, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I enjoyed this course! The topics were interesting and going through and passing the course assignments helped boost my confidence in discussing hotel business with industry partners. This course is highly recommended, thanks ESSEC and Coursera!

By Shamon R

Feb 19, 2019

I have learnt so much and now inspired to continue to learn more.... well structured course

By Alexis B

Mar 27, 2018

Excellent MOOC qui offre un contenu structuré de la distribution dans l'hôtellerie. J'invite non seulement les personnes qui souhaitent s'orienter vers la profession de revenue managers, que les commerciaux, chefs de produit TO, à suivre ces MOOC de l'ESSEC. Les 3 points forts à mon sens :

1/ La structure des cours qui permet d'avoir une vision complète; libre à chacun d'effectuer ses propres recherches pour aller plus loin et creuser les sujets qui le concerne /l'intéresse plus.

2/ La parcours permet d'avoir un diplôme (et l'afficher sur son profil Linked In), ce qui est gage de confiance pour les potentiels recruteurs.

3/ La qualité générale des informations; croisement de regards de professionnels et de professeurs.

Merci ! A quand un MOOC le front office dans l'hôtellerie ?

By Pedro F

Apr 08, 2020

O curso em si é muito bom.Fácil de se entender e vai direto ao ponto .Explicações e professores também a altura.De forma geral gostei muito do curso e graças a isto irei continuar a aprender.A única parte que não gostei foi o fato de depender da avaliação de outros inscritos para poder terminar o curso.Este vínculo me deixou preocupado que a conclusão do meu curso e de todos os colegas fica a critério não do curso , mas sim de outros inscritos.Mas de resto adorei o curso e me sinto mais preparado para o mercado de trabalho.

By Ariana V T

Nov 15, 2016

Es la primera vez que llevo un curso online, la verdad nunca imaginé que pudiese ser tan completo y dinámico. Para ser un curso introductorio me parece que te hace ver temas muy interesantes y aplicativos desde la primera semana, he aprendido muchos términos hoteleros que antes no comprendía, analizar cada estrategia que usan los hoteles para atraer clientes y buscar rentabilidad. Estoy segura que el siguiente curso será mucho más interesante y definitivamente aportará en mi carrera profesional.

By Maxim B

Nov 13, 2017

The content of the course is very dense and of good value. I really enjoyed not only the quality of the lectures and energy of the professors, but also the diversity of assignments, ranging from reading business articles on related topics and analyzing hotels economics in terms of marketing expenditures. One thing that needs to improved - please add more up-to-date articles, so that business cases presented are relevant in such a fast-changing industry as on-line marketing.

By Constantinos D

Jan 17, 2016

Before attending this course, I was really "lost" in the online travel distribution world with the feeling of falling behind in knowledge. Once I started the course, I got a very clear, structured and practical way of understanding what's happening in hotel distribution, apply acquired skills in quizzes, exercises and real-life examples and assignments and be prepared to assist or consult hotel managers on how to handle such issues.

By Pankaj K P

Exceptional . Many a terms were new to me . But as the week's progressed the content became even more clear . Can include strategies of Priceline & AirBnb to make it more complete . Lastly , your this small but comprehensive course has urged me to learn more & do more in-depth learning . All the best for educating we students with high quality content .

By DANIEL R P R

Mar 11, 2019

In general, the module introduces to how optimising your distribution channels is a important part to be competitive into the hotel industry. Even though, there is a important inclination towards OTAs channels and Hotels brand.com sites, than for other traditional channels, it does cover main important points of today's challenges for properties.

By Wilson E

Jun 13, 2017

This was a great course. I had no background knowledge of channel management and online travel agencies and indirect and direct marketing when I started. It has fulfilled my objective on being a better business partner with industry knowledge and has also helped build my business acumen.

By Madelynn A

Aug 10, 2020

This course was very informative and helped me gain knowledge in Revenue and Hotel distribution. It was user friendly and easy to follow. I like how it sets up deadlines for you so that you are not falling behind and if you are, you'll have time to catch up.

By Anoop J

May 06, 2020

Loved it! I will highly recommend this course for all hoteliers. No matter how many years of experience a hotelier has, its important to understand sales strategy and this course is one of the best!

Its all about sell sell sell

Sincerely,

Anoop Jayaprakash

By Vikas K

Jul 22, 2020

Excellent course, where you can enhance your knowledge and Hotel skills.

I will definitely recommend and go ahead with this specialisation course. I am very glad to complete my first course from Coursera " The fundamentals of hotel distribution."

By Ani A

Apr 18, 2020

Interesting and important information who works in hospitality sphere or wants to get general information about this sphere. Good lecturers with good examples and in the last week, interesting meetings whith Expedia and Booking representatives.

By Thomas G

Mar 07, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this entry-level course on the topic. Excellent material, very up-to-date and thoroughly prepared. The presentations are quite energetic, with gestures a bit over the top, but the content is worth watching every minute.

By Yarelis M S

Apr 03, 2017

I would like to say, this course have a great information, the videos are very interest. In the first week I though that could be, a little bit bored, but with the second week, I became more compromised with all information that bring.

By Daniel T H

Aug 20, 2017

Excellent presentation, deep diving in many important issues of distribute hotel the most effective ways in this dynamic industry- as we are finishing construction of a small independent hotel it was an eye opinion exposure for me !

By Pratik Z

Mar 26, 2016

The course content is amazing and very informative. I am not from hospitality sector but I understood all the concepts and because of all the quizzes and assignments, now I feel more confident in finding a job in hospitality sector.

By Jérémie L

Jun 03, 2020

A good introductory course to hotel distribution, I would recommend it to people starting in the industry or willing to switch career. Some elements are a bit outdated but they don't really impact the value provided by the course.

By SUKSHAM K

Aug 06, 2020

Thankyou coursera and ESSEC Business school for preparing such a helpful course. My experience has been nothing but positive. I really enjoyed the online course. I thought it was well planned and layed out, easy for me to follow

By Yassin Z

Jun 11, 2017

very good presented and comprehensive to all distribution channels and tactics

the material are very good. and easy to understand.

i recommend this course for everyone willing to study and learn about the hotel distributions.

By Cristina R

Aug 05, 2020

This course has been very insightful, providing a clear framework for further analysis and practice of the hotel distribution. The concepts shared served as an important background to my daily job in Hospitality Marketing.

By Pratyush R

May 22, 2020

As a tourism student this course has been really helpful to me. I am planning to build a career in hotel industry, specifically in marketing. So this course gave me a good knowledge in the field of distribution of hotel.