Back to The fundamentals of hotel distribution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The fundamentals of hotel distribution by ESSEC Business School

In today’s hotel sector an increasingly complex network of traditional and web based channels have to be managed to insure hotel success. Key questions include: how should you distribute over the web? What should you include on your brand.com website so people book through it? How can you maximise the potential of online travel agents (OTAs)? With the distribution environment both highly complex and constantly evolving, this course will give you comprehensive foundation of current industry practices to help jump start your career in this fascinating domain. Acknowledgements: Claire Bertrand, Vincent Chatain, Jessica Moses, Benjamin Six (ESSEC Business School), Emilie Dupré (Image-In), Gregory Halidy (Triplay)...

IM

Sep 07, 2016

I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera

LD

Jan 07, 2018

Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!

1 - 25 of 128 Reviews for The fundamentals of hotel distribution

By Daniel H

Feb 05, 2019

I really liked this course and the insights given into hotel distribution and its channels. There have been things to take away from this which I have immediately been able to apply to my current job position and has positively affected the way I perceive and run my business today! The only sad part about this course is that it is a little outdated and a lot of complimentary reading links don't work!

By Shamon R

Feb 19, 2019

I have learnt so much and now inspired to continue to learn more.... well structured course

By Ramin Z

Jan 14, 2019

This course was designed with real life examples, therefore was matching my experience where now I can apply to my daily job to improve our hotel scores and to evaluate the our distribution channels. Thank you.

By Shakur R

Feb 25, 2019

Excellent course that can help any beginner hotelier to get familiar to the available hotel distribution options and then understand how to maximize returns through it.

By Rahul S

Apr 05, 2019

Core Concepts and Easy to Relate!!

By Thomas G

Jul 19, 2017

Really great course.

By Wilson E

Jun 13, 2017

This was a great course. I had no background knowledge of channel management and online travel agencies and indirect and direct marketing when I started. It has fulfilled my objective on being a better business partner with industry knowledge and has also helped build my business acumen.

By Katrina G

Feb 12, 2018

At first it was hard to follow tutors due to thick accent and very speedy talking, but I managed to learn to pause at the right moments :) The content provided is great and very constructive, gives you a crash course.

By Leonardo D

Jan 07, 2018

By Paul C

Sep 16, 2016

Cours précis et très bien présenté

By Ashley R

Nov 13, 2016

This is an excellent training program that will definitely clarify all your basics.

By Ralph K

Mar 20, 2018

Gave me lots of idea on the importance of OTA channel as well as distribution channel mix!

By Mauricio A Q M

Nov 05, 2017

Excellent!

By Mahmoud A M

Nov 06, 2017

Very useful and important course.

By Ariana V T

Nov 15, 2016

Es la primera vez que llevo un curso online, la verdad nunca imaginé que pudiese ser tan completo y dinámico. Para ser un curso introductorio me parece que te hace ver temas muy interesantes y aplicativos desde la primera semana, he aprendido muchos términos hoteleros que antes no comprendía, analizar cada estrategia que usan los hoteles para atraer clientes y buscar rentabilidad. Estoy segura que el siguiente curso será mucho más interesante y definitivamente aportará en mi carrera profesional.

By Twinkal D

Dec 21, 2017

The Course widened my knowledge about Hotel chains, Marketing strategies and OTAs as effective partners. Thank you coursera for such wonderful opportunity.

By Maxim B

Nov 13, 2017

The content of the course is very dense and of good value. I really enjoyed not only the quality of the lectures and energy of the professors, but also the diversity of assignments, ranging from reading business articles on related topics and analyzing hotels economics in terms of marketing expenditures. One thing that needs to improved - please add more up-to-date articles, so that business cases presented are relevant in such a fast-changing industry as on-line marketing.

By Francisco B F

Nov 14, 2016

Very Good

By Yanick L

Mar 08, 2017

Very good course. Great overview on Hotel distribution from many perspectives. Balances well the pros and cons of the various channels. Good essays as well

By Chawki E h

Jul 21, 2017

It is perfect .

By keneisha A

Feb 19, 2017

love this course, learned a lot because of it. cant wait to start the next one

By Yarelis M S

Apr 03, 2017

I would like to say, this course have a great information, the videos are very interest. In the first week I though that could be, a little bit bored, but with the second week, I became more compromised with all information that bring.