Back to The fundamentals of hotel distribution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The fundamentals of hotel distribution by ESSEC Business School

In today’s hotel sector an increasingly complex network of traditional and web based channels have to be managed to insure hotel success. Key questions include: how should you distribute over the web? What should you include on your brand.com website so people book through it? How can you maximise the potential of online travel agents (OTAs)? With the distribution environment both highly complex and constantly evolving, this course will give you comprehensive foundation of current industry practices to help jump start your career in this fascinating domain. Acknowledgements: Claire Bertrand, Vincent Chatain, Jessica Moses, Benjamin Six (ESSEC Business School), Emilie Dupré (Image-In), Gregory Halidy (Triplay)...

IM
Sep 6, 2016

I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera

LD
Jan 6, 2018

Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!

26 - 50 of 261 Reviews for The fundamentals of hotel distribution

By Pratik Z

Mar 26, 2016

The course content is amazing and very informative. I am not from hospitality sector but I understood all the concepts and because of all the quizzes and assignments, now I feel more confident in finding a job in hospitality sector.

By Jérémie L

Jun 3, 2020

A good introductory course to hotel distribution, I would recommend it to people starting in the industry or willing to switch career. Some elements are a bit outdated but they don't really impact the value provided by the course.

By SUKSHAM K

Aug 6, 2020

Thankyou coursera and ESSEC Business school for preparing such a helpful course. My experience has been nothing but positive. I really enjoyed the online course. I thought it was well planned and layed out, easy for me to follow

By Yassin Z

Jun 11, 2017

very good presented and comprehensive to all distribution channels and tactics

the material are very good. and easy to understand.

i recommend this course for everyone willing to study and learn about the hotel distributions.

By Cristina R

Aug 4, 2020

This course has been very insightful, providing a clear framework for further analysis and practice of the hotel distribution. The concepts shared served as an important background to my daily job in Hospitality Marketing.

By Pratyush R

May 22, 2020

As a tourism student this course has been really helpful to me. I am planning to build a career in hotel industry, specifically in marketing. So this course gave me a good knowledge in the field of distribution of hotel.

By Katrina G

Feb 12, 2018

At first it was hard to follow tutors due to thick accent and very speedy talking, but I managed to learn to pause at the right moments :) The content provided is great and very constructive, gives you a crash course.

By Lemuel C

Jun 19, 2020

Very detailed, yet easy to understand and follow. Would definitely recommend this course. Even with experience in hotel distribution, found myself learning new things and able to keep up to date with latest trends.

By Mario J F

Great Course, if you wish to learn the basics of Hotel Distribution or just refresh your knowledge this course is an amazing tool. My compliments to ESSEC and Professor Peter they achieved a great learning product!

By Ramin Z

Jan 14, 2019

This course was designed with real life examples, therefore was matching my experience where now I can apply to my daily job to improve our hotel scores and to evaluate the our distribution channels. Thank you.

By Leonardo D

Jan 7, 2018

By ibrahim m

Sep 7, 2016

By Joannem R

Sep 6, 2018

You need to take this course to better understand why revenue is such an important thing to implement at a hotel. This course guides you on basic things that will help at better managing a hotel

By Paupardin

Feb 28, 2021

This MOOC was simply outstanding. Very interesting lectures with top professors, very clear. I learned a lot and have the impression I understand the issues much better. Strongly recommended !

By Lina M Q C

Feb 26, 2021

Es un extraordinario curso para personas que no tienen conocimientos sobre este tema. Definitivamente ha valido cada minuto invertido. Lo ideal es hacer todo el Mooc. Sin duda lo recomiendo.

By Olena P

Feb 7, 2016

Very detailed and easy to understand lectures, that discover complicated inside of hotel industry in a simple way. Great professors made my pleasant learning experience.

Thank you so much!

By Giuliana L

Feb 17, 2020

Me pareció muy bueno y completo. Ahora tengo una mejor idea de como aprovechar al máximo los canales de distribución para mi hotel y hacer lograr obtener el mejor rendimiento.

By weng k

Oct 22, 2018

i've accidentally click cancel subscription, but i will repurchase again. Is really informative and helping to understand in more systematically way. Strongly recommend.

By Shakur R

Feb 25, 2019

Excellent course that can help any beginner hotelier to get familiar to the available hotel distribution options and then understand how to maximize returns through it.

By Herwin

Nov 18, 2015

For my first online course and wishing to have a broader knowledge of hotel distribution, it has been very enriching and will undoubtedly help me in the near future.

By Hugo V

Apr 21, 2020

It was a very useful program, perfectly explained, with the right amount of content, exercises and extra readings that enrich the learning process. 100% recommended

By yasmin m z a

Jan 5, 2021

Excelente! es un curso en el cual no solo reforcé lo que lleve aprendiendo en mi carrera y el trabajo sino que también pude actualizarme, lo recomiendo totalmente.

By Ricardo a c c

May 4, 2020

A general knowledge about the different channels of distribution of a hotel in the market. What they are, the challenges and suggestions for an optimum management.

By Yuanqiang P

Apr 18, 2019

A very good source to get the basic knowledge of the fundamentals of hotel distribution.

Makes me better to get involved in the next course, revenue management.

By Aina H R

Nov 18, 2019

Immersive course with clear explanation and examples. Might need a few updates though. Recommended for people who already are familiar with the hotel industry