Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV
May 9, 2020

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

151 - 175 of 694 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Vrinda S

Apr 4, 2020

Thank you so much for this wonderful course! The way you explained things with examples was really insightful and helped me in understanding many concepts and how they are relevant to us in our everyday lives.

By Marco P

Mar 7, 2017

A very good course, it was interesant and i liked it very much. You always have fun with a teacher like Lou. He always is doing experiments and explains the course very well and the assesments are pretty easy.

By Amit K P

Oct 25, 2020

Great demonstration by the faculty although I'm about to complete my Masters in physics the demonstration of the simple things I have never a thing I can experience. yes its online but you can enjoy it a lot.

By Alice O

Jun 30, 2020

This course is great for familiarizing yourself with mechanical physics or brushing up on your knowledge, if it's been a while. The explanations are easy to understand and are accompanied by many experiments!

By Chad B

May 15, 2020

I absolutely love Lou's energy and enthusiasm. The time flew by and it was nice to see a different perspective on many concepts. Very well done and thanks for putting your time into this. Much appreciated!

By Sam L

Apr 17, 2017

Great course! Love the videos - the professor is great and really understands the material. I love his presentation, as he keeps it fun and interesting and most importantly - engaging.

10/10 would take again

By Rubaya H

Jun 29, 2020

This course was really helpful and fun to learn. I hope later we will get to know the explanations of the answers in the graded quiz only after passing. Otherwise, I don't know why my answer was incorrect.

By HARSH R

Quite an informative course. I loved the way of explanation and the enthusiasm of Prof. Louis A. Bloomfield. You were great sir, throughout the course. I hope you will come up with the next part very soon.

By Nicola R

Mar 23, 2020

Prof. "Lou" is terrific at making Physics fun and interesting, laughing and joking, getting involved creating funny situations and offering practical examples that are easy to understand. This is Physics!

By Cara M

Mar 7, 2016

Well presented mix of real world examples used to convey fundamental concepts. The program was challenging and thought-provoking. I took the course to prepare for later Coursera programs. Thanks Dr. B.

By Arjun K

Jun 27, 2020

This course is extravagantly excellent!

In this course you will be able to apply all theorotical knowledge in your practicle life not only in physics but almost every part of your learned theory : )

By Tonee M V

Sep 28, 2020

I really liked how physics was presented. It was made less intimidating and vey educational. It's the first time I had a fun time in class while learning a lot ever since I started high school.

By Dr.Jitendra K

Jun 27, 2020

tremendous efforts done by the Professor, not only for students but also for the parent who really wish to impart the practical knowledge of basics of physics to their children!!!

Thanks a lot.

By Miha M

Sep 18, 2015

A brilliant teacher makes a course easy, makes you wish learning his lessons without too much effort from your side, this being the case here, I really enjoy this course and I find it useful.

By RAJESH P G

May 8, 2020

Thank you Prof Bloomfield for explaining the basic concepts of physics very clearly in a planned and systematic way. We are very eager to learn from you on other topics of physics as well.

By Jasmine P

It makes things easier to understand and to love physics concepts more and gives us new ideas for understanding how things works around us ,thank you sir for making PHYSICS much easier.

By Selva K C

May 13, 2020

The professor does a fantastic job in teaching Physics. The professor was very enthusiastic to teach and that made me complete this course. I will never forgot these topics forever !!!

By Krissa J T

Jun 26, 2020

This is the only physics course I have taken that made sense and that I had fun with! I am looking forward to a How Things Work 2 with lots of funny and comprehensible demonstrations.

By 曾枭

Jul 9, 2016

Professor is very powerful, various experiments done fast. Professor of teaching I have never seen before, he was led to my interest in learning, so I easily learned over the course.

By Janeth R

Apr 18, 2016

I love the course. Professor Bloomberg makes me love this class. I am glad to take the class with him since I need to learn physics to learn astronomy. Thank you professor Bloomberg.

By Sébastien G

Nov 30, 2020

Super cours! Je n'avais plus fait de physique depuis 12 ans et ce cours est un magnifique refresh. Amusant, pertinent, simple, presque addictif ;-).

Merci et un grand merci à Lou!!

By Tanmoy K G

Jun 29, 2020

That's would be a good course for those who are related to Physical Science. Sometimes it is needed to discuss about some quiz and lecture but I don't get much help from the forum.

By Markus E M

Feb 17, 2020

Very good course for introducing the basics of main physics' aspects in your real life, however, as well very entertaining. Hope to be able to participate in the next session soon.

By khadeejah L

Dec 2, 2020

This course was very beneficial and the resources were convenient to complete. I liked doing this course and to be able to have all the knowledge learnt so to pursue career goals.

By Hussain S

Jan 23, 2018

This course really helped strengthen my physics concepts and really helps you understand physics. This course is for people that need to understand the basics concepts of physics.