Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG

Jan 05, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR

May 23, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

101 - 125 of 306 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Robin B

Apr 05, 2020

The instructer has done justice to the course by introducing languge in the most practical way that can be used in day to day life without much effort.

By Huy P T

Dec 19, 2016

This course highlights why Coursera is now one of the giants of MOOCs! I don't think you can't find courses like such at most of (?) other MOOC sites.

By Lesley A V

Nov 10, 2016

Excellent course! Professor Yu Bin is a fantastic teacher! :-) I have learned so much on this course and can't wait to start the next course! Xiè xie!

By Vo N T T

Sep 23, 2018

I learned a lot knowledge from this course. Teacher YuBin voice is very nice . I like her way of teaching. Highly recommend this course for freshers.

By Marie K

Mar 29, 2020

Thank you so much for this course! Its amazing and very interactive. I am going to continue with HSK2 . Everything is clearly explained and its fun!

By Lidiya G N

May 19, 2019

Really comprehensive course, you won't be disappointed. They really focus on all aspects of language learning. I am planning to take all the levels.

By Abel M

Mar 22, 2017

Amazingly helpful course. Takes things step by step, very comprehensive, 10/10 would recommend to any beginner interested in learning Chinese!

By Catherine C

Sep 25, 2019

This was a delightful course and very helpful. I felt that all skills were reviewed and we were provided with a lot of invaluable resources.

By Shanti S

Dec 02, 2016

Great! The lecturer helps us understand the material and help me to prepare the HSK. I think now, I want to take HSK 1 as soon as possible.

By Felipe M C M

May 07, 2020

Great Course! Very well structured, the pace is light enough to give you time to learn and organized enough to keep you motivated. Xiexie!

By Brenda D G C

Mar 04, 2017

Very nice course, is very friendly and teaches you efficiently. Totally worth it, although a few more exercises would have been great.

By Adrianna K

Dec 29, 2017

Great, useful course. Well-planned and easy to follow. I would recommend to everybody who wants to sit HSK 1 exam. Xièxiè. Zàijiàn:)

By Teodora R

Oct 13, 2017

Very easy to follow, very clearly explained, lots of different people talking which is great to practice with...Highly recommended

By Jasmine O

Jan 08, 2020

This was a great introductory Chinese language course! I am excited to continue studying HSK2 through the same specialization.

By Andrew K

Jul 06, 2019

This course is structured very well and is a very good way to learn the basics of Mandarin Chinese to prepare for the HSK1 exam.

By Daniel A M

Dec 22, 2017

The course is quite good and dynamic. I liked the time I spent and it was a great review of my Chinese classes I took years ago.

By TARIQ A

May 28, 2018

Chinese Language is very hard language,but it's amazing language if you learned this language you have more jobs opportunity.

By Rana M A A

May 10, 2019

I am very happy to complete this course. It is a little bit difficult but I enjoy and learn culture of Chinese. Thanks alot.

By Monique P

Mar 24, 2020

A great course. This will greatly aid in being prepared for the actual exam. The content, pace and explanations were great.

By Christopher H

May 13, 2018

Well paced course; did not feel rushed as I was learning. Really enjoyable and a nice feeling of accomplishment every week.

By William N

Jan 28, 2018

I really enjoyed this course, it was exceptional and I learned plenty. A very enjoyable experience! Will recommend to all.

By Alejandro G B

Apr 21, 2019

Good content and well structured. The lessons are taught in a dynamic and interesting way.

Very good for HSK1 preparation.

By Titus T

Jan 31, 2019

You can easily get through the basics and start understanding some parts of a basic conversation

I like the teaching mode

By Tony D

May 09, 2019

The teacher is clear and every lesson has exercises and quizzes at the end. The sample dialogues are well enunciated.

By Diola G

Jan 04, 2019

I have completed four college level Chinese classes, so this was a good review for preparation for HSK 1. Onward!!!