Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR
May 22, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

126 - 150 of 577 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By KHETSOPHON P

Sep 8, 2020

I really love this course. The teacher teaches really well and the media and material is well organized. The exercise is also useful. I gain a lot of knowledge. Thank you for making such a great course.

By Alexandrine W

Dec 23, 2016

Great intro course for Chinese as a second language. This course is a wonderful way to begin with the basics, both audio and reading, and even with a stint at speaking (recording one's voice exercise).

By Ana F

Nov 24, 2020

An outstanding course with an exceptional teacher the content is very rich and useful for those who want to take the HSK I test and for those who want to learn more about Chinese language and culture.

By Tomás O F

Feb 21, 2018

Great course. I was looking to catch up with my college Chinese class. I haven't catch up yet, but I think with the HSK2 course I will.

Overall, a well thought and well planned course.

Would recommend!

By Tri H N

Feb 21, 2017

Ce cours me permet de me familiariser l'audition ainsi que l'écriture des caractères chinois.

Merci beaucoup à l'équipe HSK Level1 ainsi que la professeure Yu Bin pour le contenu et les ressources.

By Rocio M H O

Jan 20, 2021

Me ha gustado mucho, es muy flexible con los horarios y las explicaciones (aunque el inglés no es mi lengua materna) me han parecido claras. Los ejercicios y su aplicación son muy buenos también.

By EDUARDO T A

Aug 14, 2021

This course is very helpful to learn basis of Chinese language. Undoubtedly, the optional materials are very useful (I think they should be mandatory). Many thanks to the teacher and organizers!

By MICHEL B P O

Jan 12, 2021

un gran curso para aprender lo mas básico, muy buenas explicaciones y ejercicios y el examen final es desafiante pero bueno, definitivamente me inspiro a seguir con los cursos mas avanzados.

By Shalom S

Apr 14, 2021

Hello everyone! I am so happy to finish the last exam . it's really was hard end .but i make s big effort to finished. How i have a little bit courage to get the second level Thank you all.

By Rebecca H

Sep 12, 2020

The course is a bit slow during the video lecture, but I believe that is because it was made for new beginners, rather than already knowing small amounts of sentences.

Overall, great course.

By Elaine T

Sep 10, 2020

An excellent course in the learning the basics of Chinese for the HSK 1 exam. An excellent tutor with first class learning materials and course content. Would love to study more of these.

By Parichart

Apr 23, 2020

I gained a lot my knowledge from this course. I did not only learn Chinese language but also Chinese culture. Moreover, there're plenty of materials that help me practice my Chinese skills.

By Nicolas M

Jan 6, 2017

I noticed really good progress of my Chinese skills =) Also, because of the summary on the begging of each classes, it's really easy to find out if the last classes are understood or not =)

By Nursu A

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for a very thorough course with a lot of listening opportunities. The course is well-structured and it was a great way for me to revise my knowledge and study for HSK. 这个老师也很好.谢谢!

By Joe V

Jul 23, 2017

Course material is comprehensive. It deals with real life situations, and have practical value if you are an expat living in China. It prepares you quite well for the HSK1 certification.

By Anna-Theresa D

This is a very well structured course that gives you a well explained introduction to mandarin. It is good for ambitious beginners as well as people who want to refresh their knowledge.

By Erlinda S

Mar 17, 2020

Our teacher Miss Yu Bin is a very good teacher. She is very fluent in English and Chinese. The class is awesome. I will recommend the class to my friends. The class is very interesting.

By Danielle C

Dec 18, 2018

Definitely loved this course and the teacher goes through and explains everything slowly so that it is easier to comprehend. It is great for anyone trying to get into studying Chinese!

By Almond Y

Oct 16, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course! This is so much better than the other courses available on the internet and I can't wait to continue learning the Chinese language. Keep it up!

By Tayren N B

Jun 10, 2019

I learned a lot during this course and it was presented in a manner that made learning easy and fun. I loved this course and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn Mandarin.

By Apichaya S

Jun 3, 2020

This course is very good for every beginners. I really recommend for you who want to use Chinese for traveling and the one who want to have a fresh start learning Chinese at home.

By Kelly P

Dec 25, 2016

Good course. There's a lot of vocabulary and grammar. It was helpful for me. I've been studying Chinese in China for 3 years and I still found some useful things from this course.

By Chitkanya B

Apr 23, 2020

so great, the lecturers speak slowly that making me understand the reason easier, pinyin is everywhere and conversation part is my favorite, it help me a lot. Thank you so much.

By Raniel B

Nov 15, 2020

Thank you Coursera and Peking University for this wonderful opportunity to learn the Chinese language. Good job to all the persons behind this program. Good bless you always!

By Daniela M

Apr 7, 2019

I have applied to refresh my Chinese after several months without studying it. I really like the way the course is organized. Now I will continue with HSK2.

Thank you so much!