Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

YV

Many thanks to the creators of this course! It was a very solid refresher for me, even though I have spent in web development a few years by now. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson. Thank you, Yaakov!

3501 - 3525 of 3,847 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Julian A M R

Oct 26, 2020

This course needs to be updated in some sections, but in general terms I found great value on the displayed content.

By Oude A

Dec 10, 2017

amazing course thanks a lot for Professor Yaakov Chaikin, It was very easy to understand the content of this coures.

By Mariangel R A

Aug 17, 2020

It's a good course but need a big update because is hard to try to do everything with the old version of the code.

By Raunak K

Mar 16, 2016

Fourth week of the course was too much to handle and imbibe.

Could not practice and complete within stipulated time

By Ratnadeep D C

Jun 11, 2020

Amazing teacher and amazing content. But, I would be happier if ajax in module 5 could be taught in a better way.

By Sandor I

Aug 18, 2019

Great and enjoyable course, for using javascript effectively definitely another course, further study is needed.

By Sumit K

Jul 6, 2019

Course content are old still excellent. If they can update new material it will become great beneficial for us!!

By Roopa G A

May 16, 2016

Very good session on the basics and Javascript. This gives overall good idea on the Web application development.

By Mariam B

Oct 17, 2020

It was fair and well up until week 4. At week 5 I believe things started to get a little messy and out of hand.

By Juan D S

Aug 2, 2020

It's a great course. It's a good start point to frontend development. It even would be better if you update it

By Mohd M

Jul 8, 2020

The content of the course is pretty good. Almost every important topic is covered and explained in a nice way.

By ANURAG K

GOOD FOR PERSONS WHO KNOW LITTLE ABOUT WEB DEVELOPMENT.GOOD COURSE FOR PROFESSIONAL WHO WANT TO GET CERTIFIED.

By Marco A C

Oct 8, 2016

I feel that I need more explanation about the code, I don't feel capable to solve different problems on my own

By Parth M S

Jul 28, 2020

Great Course and a great mentor indeed. However felt the need of more videos and documentation of Javascript.

By Amjed N

Dec 11, 2020

A very good course but I wish some updates would take place, other than that I enjoyed it and learned a lot!

By Preethi V

Feb 7, 2017

I already feel like a web developer, all thanks to Yaakov Chaikin. Its been a wonderful and exciting course.

By Bill T

Dec 20, 2016

I learned a lot of basics on front-end programming.CSS was through - the Java Script side felt a bit rushed.

By Héctor R E B

Aug 14, 2020

dinámico curso de HTML, como sugerencia pondría que la parte de Javascript debe ir totalmente en otro curso

By Vivek K s

Jun 9, 2020

a good course for the beginner student to learn about html css and javascript for creating a good web page.

By Pawel B

Mar 16, 2021

A little bit outdated (no ES6), but still valuable and everythink explained very clear by professor Yakov!

By Nithya S

Dec 8, 2016

Good course. I would recommend this to everyone who are interested in learning HTML, CSS and Javascript.

By victor h v

Aug 10, 2016

super bueno y estructurado este curso, me ha servidor demasiado para entender cosas que no tenia claras.

By Vishal S

Aug 27, 2020

From java script the pace of the course is too fast for a begineer. Other than that everything is good.

By RAJAT K N

Nov 11, 2018

Good tutor.Teaches from the scratch.Easy to understand the whole course because of the way of teaching.

By Thulasinga P

Jan 13, 2017

Concise, simple and well structured practical course to easily learn HTML, CSS & JS for web development