Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

YV

Many thanks to the creators of this course! It was a very solid refresher for me, even though I have spent in web development a few years by now. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson. Thank you, Yaakov!

3876 - 3900 of 4,406 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Harshit M

Jun 28, 2020

It is a great course for beginners. I loved it till the CSS part after that I was stuck for a while and couldn't get it over. I guess thats my programming problem, otherwise its awesome.

By Kamil F

Aug 29, 2016

Course is great!

But I have to say there should be more practical excercises (writing code) through first and second part just to use html and css syntax in real world not only on quizes.

By Shaswat C

Sep 3, 2020

Nice Course overview and an unique way of taking us to the field trip. Gained a lot of insights on how to deal and expect from the clients professionally. Kudos!! Prof. Yaakov Chaikin.

By Frida G R C

Oct 20, 2019

Project assignments are too easy, I will like them to be more challenging. Other than that, concepts and explanations are very clear and leave space for your own research. Nice course!

By Ron D

Mar 20, 2018

Great course. At the end it became a little bit complex and a lot of content, but the way the course was set up works very well for me. A lot of fundamentals in it, too. I like that.

By Jeff F

Nov 26, 2016

It was a good course and very thorough. I did get a bit lost during the Javascript module. A lot of detail in a short period of time. Would prefer if that module might be simplified.

By Yuvraj M

Jun 2, 2020

Great course all the things or topics that are necessary for starting out webdev are explained beautifully.Learned a lot from this course.Looking forward to learn more about webdev.

By Shriya P

Aug 10, 2020

the course was great , i just think it's a little too lengthy , it can be broken down into 2 courses i think , which will facilitate a more detailed study . otherwise a good course

By Simon D

Nov 23, 2021

V​ery helpful course, well structured, great teacher! Content is quite outdated. The last chapter about JavaScript including AJAX could have been explained better in my opinion.

By Miguel A J V

Aug 30, 2021

Buen curso, el instructor explica muy bien los conceptos y como se aplican, solo observar que requiere una actualización porque no usa versiones actuales de algunas herramientas

By ANIRUDH L

This course really built a strong foundation in web development. But I do feel like they could've taught more and since the instructor was great, I would've loved to learn more

By JP

Nov 30, 2016

Would like to see a second part for this course to pick up where it left up. Maybe even discuss further week 5 material and more. Maybe have more coding assignments for part 2.

By Mymoon D

Aug 4, 2021

Good experience but javascript need more explanation or more work. To be honest that course was interesting for me to challenge myself to learn 🙃 new things. Thanks 😊 a lot.

By Kai K

Sep 16, 2016

It's a really nice introductory course and I have learned a lot. In the end, it's kind of loosing the depth though when it's comes to AJAX and applying JS for web development.

By SHIVAM S

Jul 12, 2020

I felt the module 5 was a bit fast because I had to slow down that module when Json and AJAX was introduced.

Else its an excellent course which everyone should register for.

By Shikha R

Aug 31, 2020

Sir its a very good course but plesse make your module5 little bit more understandable

if it is possible to do so.Because I have to put on extra efforts to understand it .

By PAWAN P J

Aug 5, 2020

It helped me easily grasp the core concepts of HTML CSS and Javascript Coding. I'm still not too good with Ajax, but I feel like I've taken a step in the right direction.

By İbrahim A

Oct 10, 2021

It was a very effective and useful course. Only software programs that be used in the course need to be updated according to current versions.

Thanks a lot to Mr. Yaakov

By Bolupadra S S

Aug 10, 2020

Go through the topics of week 5 and study them before hand. Please do that or it will be difficult for u to understand the week 5 topics.

Course was good, learned a lot.

By Sagar N

Jun 2, 2020

This course is very good for HTML ans CSS but not for Javascript as this course is of 2014 some old technologies are used in JavaScript.

Overall the course is very code.

By Lawrence S M

Dec 2, 2020

quite a good course overall, good intro to HTML, CSS and JavaScript. However i recommend more explanatory videos on java script and a more up to date dynamic website.

By Soha N

Feb 11, 2021

It was a good course except for ajax. it was not for beginners but It was really good for those who only want to enhance their skills. Appreciation for sir Yaakov :)

By Nitin K

Mar 17, 2019

Superb course and recomended. Only problem with me while learning through videos is that i get distracted while the code is being explained. that my personal issue.

By Asante C

Jun 1, 2021

It was a trialing journey in this course, the practice exercise were great and engaging. i have learned HTML and CSS in a way i never imagined. Thank you Dr. Yakov