Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

YV

Many thanks to the creators of this course! It was a very solid refresher for me, even though I have spent in web development a few years by now. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson. Thank you, Yaakov!

1426 - 1450 of 3,924 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Jawad R

Feb 2, 2017

Great course. It is beneficial even for a seasoned professional like me. Learned a lot.

By Dante F

Nov 2, 2016

Clear and focused on the fundamentals and, of course, very fun. Thank you Prof. Yaakov.

By Lucas M R

Aug 11, 2016

It's a great introdutory course. It explains very well why things are the way they are.

By Cibeles M

Mar 13, 2016

Great course! I have enjoyed every week. I will miss you Yaakov. Regards and good luck!

By Peter P

Jan 13, 2021

Yaakov created a quite friendly and fun course with great content. Highly recommended.

By Rutvik B

Sep 16, 2020

Amzing course got to learn a lot new things in html, javascript and css!! Thanks a lot

By Laldas P D R

Sep 14, 2020

This course is so so helpful.I am very thankful,it has helped me learn a lot of thing.

By Gouri S J

Sep 3, 2020

Good platform for learning HTML,CSS and Java script deeply. thanks a lot yakuv sir ...

By Abhishek K

Jul 28, 2020

Thanks for your teaching and guidance. I hope I will meet to the tutor of this course.

By Aayush k

Jun 8, 2020

This course is terrific for the beginners. I have leaned a lot about HTML, CSS and JS.

By Adeyemi I

Feb 17, 2020

Very thorough, well-explained introductory class in the world of Frontend development.

By Marek

Nov 29, 2016

Best course on coursera so far. Mr Yaakov Chaikin is best online teacher ever seen :))

By Gopal K

Jun 24, 2016

It was a great experience for me to learn about new technologies. Thank you very much.

By Ervi B

May 25, 2016

Prof. Chaikin is great and funny! Learned new things even as an experienced developer.

By 維宸 吳

Apr 24, 2016

Great Course with lots of material to learn.

Though many videos to watch in each week.

By Yulia N

Apr 15, 2016

That's the best course I've taken (and I've taken a few). Thank you Mr Yaakov Chaikin!

By Francisco P R

Mar 13, 2016

Really good course. Nicely structured, and shows clearly the main concepts. Thank you!

By Azalia A

Jan 9, 2021

Amazing course. I will recommend this to anyone who wants to go into web development.

By Antonino F

Nov 12, 2020

Really great course for people who wants to learn about fundamentals of webdeveloping

By Qurbonboyev Z M

Sep 10, 2020

The course is very cool, everything is clear and nicely cool, I will advise everyone.

By Abdul B

Sep 6, 2020

Amazing learning experience through this course I recommend you enroll in this course

By 085_Saj_Hihoriya

Jul 24, 2020

it is very amazing course.i am very happy about this course.yakoov sir you are great.

By A. M A

Jul 4, 2020

Great course!!

Got a very strong knowledge and confidence in Basics of Web Development

By Garine S

May 4, 2020

Detailed information regarding everything enhanced my interest to learn Web-Designing

By Savin K

Jun 24, 2019

Good in understanding the stuff. Good language skills and cool behaviour of teaching.