Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM

Jun 11, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW

Mar 15, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

176 - 200 of 2,875 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Jacob D E S

Jul 07, 2016

I can tell that the Professor undertook a lot of careful planning and execution in preparing this course for students. Yaakov Chaikin teaches the course in a fun, problem-solving way. I personally appreciate his clear enunciation of words and thorough explanations of his website-planning process and the tools needed to accomplish the goals.

By Trevor E

Jul 25, 2016

Although it took me quite a while to figure out how to push my solution on to github (was making me very mad), I figured it out!! I really like the way you teach lectures. I am giving you a 5 star because, I like the way you give resources and examples of each section you're teaching. I am leaning a lot and look forward to learn! Thank You

By Balasubramanianperumal

It was a wonderful journey, But at one place I got stuck,because of lot of things which was discussed in one module instead you can do it in two separate module, I'm talking about module5.we can do Ajax Basics as one module and working functions and examples in one module so that we can reduce lots of confusions and mistakes,Thank You.

By Alex Z

Aug 31, 2019

The JavaScript part of the course turned out to be a little harder than expected (concepts like prototypes, function constructors and a couple more) and had me go down a few rabbit holes, but the journeys were well worth it. Prof Chaikin is great at explaining and keeping you engaged the course. Great and fulfilling learning experience!

By Antonio C A V S

Aug 14, 2020

Excellent course without any doubt! I've been a Java Web developer for more than 10 years and I must admit, Yaakov is right that many of the topics in this course not everybody knows them, so the course will give you the foundations you need to develop good quality websites even if you are a beginner or a engineer with some experience.

By Ajay K A

Jun 20, 2020

Great course! The concepts were very well explained and demonstrated with code. Building a real website using what was taught makes the entire process more concrete, and it shows the students that they can work on their own projects. Thanks to all who made this course available, and congratulations to the instructor on a job well done.

By Akash k

Aug 26, 2017

This course pointed me in the right direction as a start for web developing. I am writing this four months after i have completed this course. And just a few days back i got my first job as a Full stack developer in a StartUp. This is one of the best course for beginners . Tutor is excellent. Thank you so much for making the course .

By Chong Y J

Oct 13, 2016

I had learned a lot of new things like bootstrap, media query, IIFE and DOM manipulation from this course. Professor Yaakov Chaikin had prepared the course in detail and his explainations to deep concept are concise. As a prerequisite, you are advise to have some basics of html, javascript and css to equip you to follow the lectures.

By Jatin J

Jul 25, 2020

This was one of the best course I have ever seen.Instructor teaching in the best possible way to teach each and every concept in the best possible way.And the field trip inside the course is very much of fun and exciting and it help us to understand what things we have to keep in mind to build a website for a client from scratch.

By Pallab B

Apr 20, 2020

It is really a very good course from beginner to advance level. It really help me a lot to develop knowledge about web development, and the explanation make is more easier to understand. The practice work, assignment are really helpful for those who want to learn actually. Thank you Coursera and thank you John Hopkins university.

By UMANG T

Jun 19, 2020

It was a splendid 5 week experience. Sir Yaakov Chaikin is probably the best mentor I have come across. He provides the exact concept we need ( Or I could say Clearly Decodes a concept for us ) to get better at a skill. It was a wonderful start since this was my first course at coursera.org and I'm looking forward to learn more!

By Katrin P

Feb 20, 2020

Very good and understandable course. The fact that you program a real website makes it easier to understand the subject matter. The way of evaluation is a bit incomprehensible. Partially completely 0 points received from commilations, although the solution was correct. I found no way to report this somehow and have it changed.

By VIgnesh G

Aug 12, 2017

An amazing Course for Absolute Beginners with solid Explanations of Basics. However the Website Development part, as the code was pre-baked, seems rushed and might need re-watching the video a couple of times. But that's nothing major..I'd recommend to check out the Angular Course as well.Thanks Yaakov for your time and effort.

By Ezequiel T

Oct 03, 2016

As a backend developer (C, C++, Python) , this is a great course to start digging into the Web Development world. Even though the tasks given were very simple, I recommend it because it gives you the knowledge to understand how HTML, CSS and Javascript works. Everything is simpler when you learn the foundations of a language.

By Palak G

Feb 18, 2017

I am so glad that I enrolled for this course, initially I was thinking that I know all this stuff but after starting the course, I learnt and understood the basic functionality behind things and I realized if I would have not taken the course, I would have missed on so many basics. Thank you so much for designing this course.

By coco

Dec 31, 2016

Clear, concise, informative, and great fun. You must have put a lot of effort into this to make it so wonderful. I don't want to give 5 star or 7 star. I want to collect all the stars in the sky and give them to you. and every shining star says a thank you. As you can't really count the stars, I can't say thank you enough.

By Esther W

This is such a great course. I knew very little about HTML & CSS when I started and nothing about JS. After completing this course - I learned and practiced so much and now I feel a lot more confident in my knowledge. I can definitely recommend this course for anyone who is interested in becoming a Front-End Web Developer.

By Zachary R

Jan 19, 2017

Very thorough, helpful, and well structured. Instead of explaining what every single HTML or CSS tag does, Yaakov goes explains all of the core elements in web design in high detail. The course also does a good job of covering useful tools and templates that greatly speed up the web design process and make it much simpler.

By Zakaria C

Dec 25, 2016

Great course. I learned a lot even I am in intermidiate level. The best course I ever take in my life. It has everything yes everything. From creating real websites to tips in design and functionality and speed to marketing with clients. If the teacher was my university's teacher I will never miss a class. Thanks so much

By Guilherme F

Mar 28, 2016

HTML and CSS courses are very well structured and detailed, showing how to build responsive pages from scratch and giving real life example of a SPA. It is of good help get us used to think separately client and server responsabilities and use APIs. Great as a starting point to javascript, presenting many aspects of it.

By AYMAMMET A

Aug 06, 2020

First of all I want you to thank for course and for teaching. Here is some advices for improving quality of lessons:

1) Javascript lessons were harder than other lessons(html, css). it could be provided more widely and more enjoyable

2) Small, easy, interesting exercises, colud be gived in Js lessons

I gave 5. Thank you

By Muhammad F H

Apr 16, 2020

I thought the first four weeks were brilliant. The best course for html,css and java script I would say. But in the last week the instructor got over things rather quickly. Which left a lot of uncertainties. The last week's stuff was complicated and should have been given more time. Otherwise everything was brilliant.

By Muhammad A R J

May 27, 2019

Such a good course on this platform. Sir Yaakoov has put all his efforts to teach us the best. The videos are so excellently made and made everything so clear. Had an amazing experience to study this course and it was fun too. Thank you Sir Yaakoov, the team Hopkins and coursera ofcourse for providing this platform.

By Muhammad S

Oct 08, 2016

Learned HTML5,CSS and JavaScript from many resources but this was innovative and updated course with such live examples like meeting with client and etc. I love this course. Yes we can say, here is the knowledge, Hats of to the Professor, he taught us well, Salute to you my HONORABLE/Respected Sir.. You are amazing.

By Sergio G S

Jun 12, 2020

Just completed this course and I only can sey thanks to Yaakov Chaikin and Johns Hopkins University for the quality of this course. I learned html5, css and javascript tricks. I didn't started this course with cero knowledge, but starts from 0 and explain all you need to know to master those languages. Recomended!