Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW
Mar 14, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

201 - 225 of 4,396 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Bharat P

it can be made more efficient in terms of information. many tagss and important concepts were skipped out like tables,form,and all sorts of input types,keyframes,media query advance,javascript dom basics were not that apt

By Sai C

Aug 29, 2021

I understood totally well till second week and i felt a little difficulty in week 3 as i am a novice to bootstrap and i think sir need to elaborate fifth week explanation because i understood nothing from last 5 videos

By Nitesh A

Jun 4, 2020

The course and the instructor is good, however this course is outdated and I would not recommend it for a fresher.

Please update it with current standards (2020 ) if possible.

P.S. Thank you Yaakov for your efforts.

By Nikola S

May 10, 2021

This is NOT a course for beginners. I repeat, this is NOT a course for beginners. I followed until the third week, after that I understood nothing. And I wnet through the all 5 weeks. So, 2 stars for two weeks.

By Jahanvi S

Jun 29, 2020

the bootstrap is outdated and had to be done on my own. the javascript part was also a bit rushed

By Noorus S K

Nov 19, 2020

as other reviewers said the course seems outdated, it kind of wasted my time

By Harsh K

Aug 28, 2020

First of all clear the meaning of keywords before using them in code.

By Yuri A E

Mar 4, 2021

it was outdated and hard to follow the instruction

By 2K18/CO/026 A S

Jun 12, 2021

Sir IAM very poor student I can't pay sir

By Huzaifa

Apr 29, 2021

The instructor is going way too fast.

By Juan P

Nov 11, 2020

Too much video of Yaakov programming.

By Rohit V

Jun 30, 2020

Module 5 should have been way better!

By Anmol K

after 2 week you were very fast

By Abhishek K S

Aug 18, 2020

JS and Azax is not clear

By Christina A

Mar 12, 2021

Not up to date

By Indrajeet B J

Oct 2, 2020

good

By Mohamed M

Aug 7, 2020

good

By Sai M D T

May 9, 2020

good

By Mirna M e S

the course itself is awesome, the teacher is great, but it looks like it was left aside and nobody takes care of it anymore. the forum doesnt help, thats just people asking to review their things and even if you post something looking for help there are no answers. its really outdated in the point that you cant complete the assingments without long hours of trying to go around that. its really frustrating. i really liked the classes and yaakov is a great teacher, but this course really let me down

By Aarav s

Aug 30, 2020

The course material is nice and brief. The main problem is I am unable to make payments for a certificate . I tried about my 10 cards but unable to make payments. Without a certificate, a whole month has gone in vain. I am really disappointed. I have tried everything mentioned in the help center but nothing works.

By Khánh T N

Oct 2, 2021

Woefully out of date content, especially regarding the Twitter Bootstrap framework, which is already 2 major versions behind. Many HTML classes used have been removed. Also, there was no time to absorb the content, the instructor sped up too fast and I can't grasp the meaning of each class well enough.

By Weaam A

Nov 14, 2017

I took many courses in coursera and they was very clear except this course .

The task of any teacher is to making any course easier , this teacher makes everything very complex

By David H

Feb 9, 2021

Zero stars. Course materials are not remotely close to github. Can't even get started with this.

Horrible; no redeeming qualities!

By Andrei S

Nov 5, 2016

This course is actual for Mac machine, all instruction are for Mac only. I use Windows so it unuseful for me.

By girik g

Jul 2, 2020

This Course is so un-interactive and boring,I don't recommend buying this course at all.