Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW
Mar 14, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

3276 - 3300 of 3,655 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By ANURAG K

GOOD FOR PERSONS WHO KNOW LITTLE ABOUT WEB DEVELOPMENT.GOOD COURSE FOR PROFESSIONAL WHO WANT TO GET CERTIFIED.

By Marco A C

Oct 8, 2016

I feel that I need more explanation about the code, I don't feel capable to solve different problems on my own

By Parth M S

Jul 28, 2020

Great Course and a great mentor indeed. However felt the need of more videos and documentation of Javascript.

By Amjed N

Dec 11, 2020

A very good course but I wish some updates would take place, other than that I enjoyed it and learned a lot!

By Preethi V

Feb 7, 2017

I already feel like a web developer, all thanks to Yaakov Chaikin. Its been a wonderful and exciting course.

By Bill T

Dec 20, 2016

I learned a lot of basics on front-end programming.CSS was through - the Java Script side felt a bit rushed.

By Héctor R E B

Aug 14, 2020

dinámico curso de HTML, como sugerencia pondría que la parte de Javascript debe ir totalmente en otro curso

By Vivek K s

Jun 9, 2020

a good course for the beginner student to learn about html css and javascript for creating a good web page.

By Nithya S

Dec 8, 2016

Good course. I would recommend this to everyone who are interested in learning HTML, CSS and Javascript.

By victor h v

Aug 10, 2016

super bueno y estructurado este curso, me ha servidor demasiado para entender cosas que no tenia claras.

By Vishal S

Aug 27, 2020

From java script the pace of the course is too fast for a begineer. Other than that everything is good.

By Rajat K N

Nov 11, 2018

Good tutor.Teaches from the scratch.Easy to understand the whole course because of the way of teaching.

By Thulasinga P

Jan 13, 2017

Concise, simple and well structured practical course to easily learn HTML, CSS & JS for web development

By mahesh v

Dec 7, 2020

Super course . But very difficult to understand. We have to maintain a separate notes for all modules.

By Shaurya S

Aug 6, 2020

The 5th module is quite complicated (especially Ajax). Could've been explained in a more lucid manner.

By pranshu k

Jun 24, 2020

it was a great and well structured course . it helped me to understand the advanced topics very easily

By Rok B

Jan 24, 2020

A good course. It lacks challenging assignments to get 5 star rating.

I didn't like the rush in week 5.

By Ekaterina Z

Jan 25, 2021

I liked HTML and CSS explanations, helped to understand media queries better and to fill in the gaps.

By Mahmud M

Jul 22, 2018

it's a Professional course for learning HTML and CSS

but doesn't much helpful for JavaScript

Thanks! :)

By Sergey N

Jul 10, 2020

Отличный курс, но для новичков тяжеловато. Очень много непонятного. Хотелось бы более подробно о JS.

By Ricardo G R

Jan 6, 2021

A very well explained course, which describes how to create a web page in detail. Very good course.

By Rahul A

May 3, 2020

can be little bit slower i.e should have more lectures to get a deep understanding of the subject..

By Abhi r

Dec 2, 2020

The basic was taught quite well, that help me a lot to build my concept on that solid foundation.

By Indu S

Jun 7, 2018

Professor is a remarkable teacher...no hiccups, no gaps....takes you smoothly through the course.

By M P

Sep 22, 2020

It was a very good attempt in reaching the students who are interested to learn web designing!!