Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW
Mar 14, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

3401 - 3425 of 3,773 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Olivia F

Mar 6, 2021

Good course, a little outdated but great assignments to practice content learned within each module.

By Sergey N

Jul 10, 2020

Отличный курс, но для новичков тяжеловато. Очень много непонятного. Хотелось бы более подробно о JS.

By meetsachin00

Apr 14, 2021

I love this course and I am stil learning but there is no option for seeing updated faq instruction

By Ricardo G R

Jan 6, 2021

A very well explained course, which describes how to create a web page in detail. Very good course.

By Rahul A

May 3, 2020

can be little bit slower i.e should have more lectures to get a deep understanding of the subject..

By Abhi r

Dec 2, 2020

The basic was taught quite well, that help me a lot to build my concept on that solid foundation.

By Indu S

Jun 7, 2018

Professor is a remarkable teacher...no hiccups, no gaps....takes you smoothly through the course.

By M P

Sep 22, 2020

It was a very good attempt in reaching the students who are interested to learn web designing!!

By Swagata B

Aug 25, 2020

The HTML and CSS part is very informative and helpful. The JavaScript part could become better.

By Sabeel H

Sep 7, 2020

Lectures from the end were not much understandable, so Ajax and Json couldn't understand well.

By Stephanie M

Mar 27, 2017

I enjoyed the html and css portion of the cs but the java script portion is not for beginners.

By TETTEH B K

Nov 23, 2020

its a very educating course. I have gained a lot and I will encourage You all to enroll in it

By Nikhil B

Aug 15, 2020

the part where ajax was explained was so complicated and should have been done in better way.

By Thorat K

Apr 7, 2021

I loved the course. Although I think the curriculum should be updated to the 2021 standards.

By Krrish S

Jan 10, 2019

I think they should explain Github and Git later on when we are ready to host our websites.

By Serjey G I

Mar 11, 2016

Nice course. The last week should be split into two with more comprehensive js examination.

By Suvid S

Dec 2, 2017

Very nice course. Must take this one if you want to become a professional web developer...

By Sajib K

Oct 4, 2016

Excellent course. Liked much for `Review your peer` & `real website design as assignment`!

By Karol Ś

Jul 22, 2020

The last assignment was very bad, but the beginning was nice and useful in the future job

By Israa J

this is a very informative cousre.it helped me to learn many concept and clear my doubts.

By Oshani V J

Jun 28, 2020

The last week's lecture was a bit confusing, other than that, it's a really good course

By Srivenkatesh N

Jun 21, 2020

One will attain great knowledge regarding front end framework.

Grateful to the Professor

By vinay s

Jun 5, 2020

It is good course for the beginners who want to start creating own website with basics

By RAMNATH C A

it was nice to take a course in coursera that to in this university leactur thank you

By Pranjal B

Apr 7, 2017

The Javascript part isn't explained that nicely but overall it's a very good course.