Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM

Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

MA

Mar 20, 2022

This course was short but very informative and very helpful for an aspiring leader like myself. It also helped me understand how to view or understand when I receive feedback. I highly recommend it!!

4351 - 4375 of 5,190 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By abdelilahzdn

Mar 24, 2020

good

By khaleddd

Feb 18, 2020

By Petar

Nov 20, 2019

good

By Laxmi S D

Oct 8, 2019

best

By Muhammad Y

Sep 12, 2019

Good

By RAHUL K

Jul 27, 2019

By Milan R

Apr 28, 2019

By SAURABH K

Apr 6, 2019

NICE

By Mike

Mar 26, 2019

Good

By Sweta S

Jan 24, 2018

Good

By Noah K

Dec 27, 2017

Jul 5, 2017

Good

By C F T m a

May 22, 2017

good

By Ramswaroop h

Nov 15, 2022

Aug 18, 2021

B

By Cameron D

Aug 21, 2022

I am currently on Week 4 of this course and have learned quite a bit. However, I feel as though the title and description is a bit misleading. The course starts off with a complete introduction for beginners into the history and application of HTML and CSS. However, when you start Javascript in Week 4, I was caught off guard with the first video stating "This module assumes that you have the basic understanding of programming. If you don't know general concepts like variables ... you will have a tough time getting this module. ... I suggest you find and go through a programming basics tutorial first then come back and finish this module."

This is a complete shift from the other modules teaching basic concepts before applying it. A recommended "programming basics tutorial" isn't even linked for us to reference. The description of the course, however, states "we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript". Nowhere in the description, or even the first few introductory videos of the course, does it say anything about requiring a background in programming. There are recommended books, but if I'm paying for a course, I would prefer to have the education I need within the paid course, and the recommendations would be if I want to take my learning further.

All in all, I am enjoying this course, but I felt this was important to point out, as it felt quite discouraging and misleading.