Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM

Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

AT

Jul 17, 2021

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained.And the field trip was good .Thank you Coursera and Yaakov Chaikin for this wonderful course !

4826 - 4850 of 4,899 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Zeinab N

May 26, 2022

this course is old and also it's not good for some people like me who are absolute beginner

By brahmjot s

Mar 6, 2017

very bad course but i have come to the point that it is ok for the beginers

By Vrushali V S

Jun 29, 2020

Github method outdated , complicated to understand for beginners

By Varshik J

Jun 8, 2020

Its not telling properly that how we could submit assignments..

By Mitchell G

Jul 14, 2017

Just a bunch of videos and not much else. Youtube it.

By Karolina N

Jul 28, 2021

This course is too outdated, I could not follow it.

By Tatva K

May 23, 2020

So old now that most of the setup is outdated now.

By Elīza Š

Aug 1, 2022

Unfortunately extremely outdated course.

By Lukas H

Oct 29, 2021

jhkjhhkjhkjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

By Aaron R

Dec 26, 2017

Github crash course is outdated.

By Sarah I

Jul 2, 2020

a lot of it is outdated.

By Shayla

Oct 9, 2021

Spent money for the course, which was a great price for learn and getting a certification. Unfortunately the course is outdated (6years behind) so I am stuck and not able to proceed due to the outdated setup information. I tried to follow the setup instructions but I couldn't get the correct information to even download what I needed to start my assignment. They tell you that it is outdated information after you have already paid and then tell you to go to the FAQ page, which I did. Of course the information wasn't even there for the updated setup process. I tried the forum and thankfully someone else was having the same trouble as me so I was able to find an answer but quickly became stuck again. This time no one had posted the same issue so now I'm stuck waiting and probably will be late on my assignment.

By Andrés M

Apr 4, 2022

The information for this course is very outdated. For example, the method for turning in assignments is github, the video for setting up github is over 7 years old and the bandaid solution to remedy the fact that none of the important info in the lecture video is no longer relevant is to direct students to the courses FAQ. The problem with that is that the FAQ is incomplete and unfocused.

Also the professor does not actually teach anything regarding HTML, CSS or Javascript. He shows what is possible and throws out alot of terms without explaining them in depth. Also, he talks too fast and goes off on small tangents constantly.

By Stella M

Aug 6, 2022

I was very eager to do the course, I have completed a few tutorials on html but wanted something more informative, let's say. BUt the course creators did not think about people who might naturally struggle with some technical issues, and instead of helping beginners like me they start the course with a lecture recorded in 2015, with program versions that are outdated and as a result several times in the video you read:OURDATED, see Faq TBT it was completely inconvenient, and did not encourage me to proceed with the course, it is too time consuming and not helpful at times

By nzm k

Jun 2, 2022

github part is outdated i cant figure out what to do been stuck on the same video for 3 days still cant figure out how to do it the explanation for this at faq is poor written and useless.our rich teacher uses a mac which is completely different from windows.im send my thanks to teacher because probably %90 of the students use windows but no he cant use windows gotta stick to mac i dont care if students get confused im gonna use my mac and im still getting my money no matter what so i dont care at all.

I HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND PURCHASING THIS COURSE

By Ahmed E

Feb 22, 2022

The course is bad and the instructor doesn't explain the topics clearly. I relied on Youtube the whole course and it is 100% better than Coursera. I don't recommend this course to anyone or You can take it if you want to but you will need to rely on other sources like YouTube. Youtube is a true Goldmine. University courses on Coursera are not that good. That's my opinion.

By Samuel M

Mar 28, 2022

This Course would be five stars if it weren't extremely outdated, at this point the information conveyed is 7 years old - which for software development, is a lifetime. The module I currently find myself in is impassable without help from external sources, as most of the information is now no longer relevant.

The course needs updated urgently!

By Lisa D

Jan 17, 2022

This class is 7 years old and out of date in many ways. There is an FAQ that is mentioned regularly as a reference but I cannot find it. Further, the web tools used in this class have had many in depth improvements and releases in the last 7 years. I think it's time to record some new videos or archive this class.

By Jamie C

Dec 27, 2021

Incredibly outdated. In desperate need of updates corresponding to new versions of Bootstrap, etc. The instructor is fine, but the old versions of everything referenced makes completing assignments nearly impossible without having to do outside research that takes as long if not longer than the course's videos.

By Kevin B

Mar 4, 2022

T​he speed at which the instructor goes through the startup process is way too fast. Also everything looks super outdated. I'm not very impressed. I have voiced some concerns in the disscusion area and have recieved no help so this is very much a dead class. I regret signing up for coursera plus now.

By Luísa C

Jul 21, 2021

The course is not updated. The module 3, wich is to build a restaurant site, it's impossible to keep up with the class with these update errors. It is very unfair to the student to make him watch 3 modules until he realizes that the course is out of date. I feel like I have wasted my time.

By Evans O

Mar 11, 2022

I just signed up for this class and the instructor is wasting my time talking about github instead of HTML and CSS. I have been listening to him for a while and I am beginning to wonder if I am in the wrong class. Is this a node.js class or HTML/CSS class ?

By Thomas B

Apr 4, 2020

Course is outdated the only support is video lectures or other students who also dont have the answers. The course is completed by the instructor using a Mac which also means that some things are different on windows and are not explained.

By Jitin

Jun 26, 2020

I won't give any star .....it was waste of time ....he was telling evrything in mac but I'm window user ......can't uderstand lots of things thats the only reason I'm leaving this corse in the middle. So much complications were there .