Back to Customer Service Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Service Fundamentals by Knowledge Accelerators

There are a growing number of exciting, well-paying jobs in today’s tech industry that do not require a traditional college degree. And one of the hottest areas with high demand is in IT customer service and support. It's a perfect entry point to start your career in IT with a multitude of job openings ranging from onsite or remote help desk work to customer care or client support. We can help you get there with the IBM Customer Engagement Specialist Certificate Program. We will help you to build the knowledge and develop the skills needed to be a successful Customer engagement specialist: • Communication Skills which focus on clear concise communication and listening. • Appropriate empathetic behavior such as such as patience, curiosity and willingness to help. • Problem solving to research an issue and help determine an appropriate resolution. • Process adherence to ensure the proper flow and Service Level Agreements are met. The course is divided into 4 modules and you will be assessed and awarded badges along the way! Earn the IBM Soft Skills badge after completing the Communication Skills and Personality modules and the IBM Call Management badge after completing the Problem Solving and Process Control modules. The course also includes interactive training including labs to reinforce all of the components above. At the conclusion of the course, you will receive an email notification from Acclaim with instructions for claiming the badge. Upon accepting your badge, it will be necessary to create a user account on Acclaim, where you will have the ability to manage your badge(s), opt-in to other communications and features, as well as take advantage of features allowing you to share your badge to social media and other destinations. Want to see if this is a good career fit for you? IBM is collaborating with MyInnerGenius, one of the world's leading assessment companies, to help you find out which careers in IT you will love -- careers that are a great match for you -- regardless of your education or experience -- even if you’ve never considered a role in IT. In less than an hour, you will receive targeted recommendations for hot roles where you will excel and everything you need to get started. You can even earn IBM Digital Badges to show the world your skills! Find out more http://ibm.myinnergenius.com/...

26 - 50 of 229 Reviews for Customer Service Fundamentals

Mar 17, 2019

v

By Alwin S L

Apr 6, 2021

It was a fantastic journey through the entire course. With my background as a biochemist, I never thought about working in customer support and service could be so interesting. Honestly, the skills I learned from this course was way more than I expected from the beginning. The art of communication truly inspired me to practice more with my daily conversations in my workplace. I believe the professional communication skills, multitasking skills and interpersonal soft skills I learned from this course will benefit my career in the long run. Thanks for the great course.

By Chamath P

Dec 15, 2020

I'm working as customer care call center agent currently. This a great way to increase the knowledge and also it will reflect how we need to call and how our performance are graded. The Certificate was arranged well from start to finish it was so interesting to learn next part always. I got a financial aid for this course and thank you IBM for the support it worth i can't express in words. Thank you again.

By Anoir A

Nov 19, 2020

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who contributed to this interesting course. It is very informative and helpful. I have learned a lot, and I feel that I am armed now with the necessary knowledge and information to get ahead. Thanks to this course, I managed to get a job in customer service. I really do recommend this course. Don't miss the opportunity to take this amazing course.

By Francisco M

Nov 12, 2019

This professional certificate taught me not only the communication skills of a good call center agent, but also process managing and problem resolution skills, that are essential in many areas, like in decision making and leading people. I recomend this certificate to everyone who want to develop important communication skills allied with a strong analytical formation!

By Karan S

Feb 11, 2020

A good course for those who are thinking to join customer support industry or those who are already in support industry. Even if you are not thinking or already in support industry.i would definitely recommend this course especially if you want to know more about customer problem solving. learnt many new things through this course.WORTH TAKING THIS COURSE !!!!

By Franklin M E K

Feb 12, 2020

I have really acquired exceptional skills with this course. Coursera is indeed a savior for offering true education for everyone. I have never regretted making the decision to join. I feel empowered each time I learn something new. My customer engagement skills are now impeccable and exceptional. THANK YOU, COURSERA. THANK YOU, IBM.

By Deborah W

Nov 26, 2019

This course was well put together, and has a lot of excellent information and tips. Even the most well trained Customer Service Professional can learn something new! Course is easy to access, easy to navigate through, and the certificate at the end is a bonus to all the information valuable information provided.

By Steve C

Jul 10, 2019

This was a solid course that covered a lot of essential information for any customer service specialist. While i would not call this comprehensive by any means, it does hit the core concepts. I would recommend it for people new to customer service but should be very easy if you already have experience.

By Nguyen C L P

Mar 27, 2020

I would recommend this course for those who want to learn more about communication and taking ownership in communication. There are many lessons you thought you have known before but you will have a clear organized instruction and new recommendation to upgrade your skills after finishing this course.

By Daryl K

Oct 8, 2019

A very good course to get a good broad understanding of customer service communications, general troubleshooting method, and introduction to documentation and ticketing systems. I think this course is worth taking for anyone who has customer contact over the phone, chat, email or in person.

By Nuno A

Oct 31, 2019

Great course! extremely well organised, with a good variety of quizzes and practice exercises. The information provided is based on scientific knowledge, but easy to understand and apply. I truly recommend this course to all who want to improve soft skills and communication skills!

By SOFOLUWE B

Oct 14, 2020

The IBM Customer Engagement Specialist Professional Certificate Course has exposed me to many ways I can professionally handle cases related to customer service issues in any industry. This has been very helpful to my career and I am very privileged to be a partaker of this. Kudos

By foluso D

Jun 2, 2019

Each Module of the IBM Customer Engagement Specialist Professional certificate for me were stages of improvement on how I should relate and communicate with customers and also how I need to make myself an integral part of my organization as a team member and customer service agent

By Abdul A S

May 1, 2020

Great course! As a start or even a refresher to people who want to learn and expect to be in a service-based industry. It includes how to communicate effectively, handling your time and tools that can help you in sorting out knowledge & information.

By Angela d V H

Apr 3, 2020

This course was amazing. It really takes you step by step on each topic and it is really complete. It will prepare you to be the best employee. It is design so you can do it at your own pace so you can have a work-life balance.

By Tiza R Y

Oct 22, 2020

Great online course I have used. There are many things that are learned, the material has weight and not only provides material but also there are many questions such as quizzes, discussions, and assignments in each lesson.

By Osuobeni P C

Oct 3, 2019

I am very satisfied with this course. If you're thinking of changing your career to IT, this is the perfect entry point to start your career in IT .

Many thanks to IBM and Coursera for your top-notch specialization courses.

By Iftekhar M T

Oct 24, 2020

Long course but compacted with a wealth of knowledge. I really enjoyed learning all the new interesting concepts and techniques in becoming a better communicator. Presented professionally with good audio and visuals.

By Stefan S

Jul 9, 2019

Very engaging and covers a wide range of topics; some info, for those who have been in CS for a while might not be new, however, this course will make you aware of certain things that are likely to be lost over time.

By Kwame A B

Oct 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course and a privilege having to part take in this course as this will propel me well on how to engage people professionally and I recommend this course as the best for everyone and to enroll.