Back to IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project

Learner Reviews & Feedback for IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project by IBM

In this course you will apply various Data Analytics skills and techniques that you have learned as part of the previous courses in the IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate. You will assume the role of an Associate Data Analyst who has recently joined the organization and be presented with a business challenge that requires data analysis to be performed on real-world datasets. You will undertake the tasks of collecting data from multiple sources, performing exploratory data analysis, data wrangling and preparation, statistical analysis and mining the data, creating charts and plots to visualize data, and building an interactive dashboard. The project will culminate with a presentation of your data analysis report, with an executive summary for the various stakeholders in the organization. You will be assessed on both your work for the various stages in the Data Analysis process, as well as the final deliverable. This project is a great opportunity to showcase your Data Analytics skills, and demonstrate your proficiency to potential employers....

SL

Nov 7, 2021

This is a great course. I learned so much about data science. I appreciate all the help I received. I would not have finished the course without the help of my fellow students and the staff. Thank you

TT

Sep 26, 2021

Great. I practiced data visualization on IBM's Cognos Analytics software. It's a great piece of software. I then learned how to make a presentation to present the results of the analysis.

51 - 67 of 67 Reviews for IBM Data Analyst Capstone Project

Nov 9, 2021

exc

By Rahardito D

Sep 29, 2021

Data Visualization with Python Course must be used on a certain date so that it is quite distracting to the completion target of participants

By Miracle B

Nov 8, 2021

insightful

By gantulga b

Sep 26, 2021

good

By Robert S

Apr 26, 2022

First five weeks are great, a good hands-on exercise on everything except the process of researching (since we're handed all necessary data in links throughout the course), which is often outside our purview anyway. One notable exception is the process of saving CSV and XLSX files in the week 1 labs on APIs and webscraping (the Github job and salary data we need to use in the final Powerpoint). A tutorial lab or section DESPERATELY needs to be added teaching us how to access these files after saving them -- the process involves setting up project access tokens and a cloud storage object, then importing a special IBM cloud library allowing one to save the files as accessible data assets, but this information is difficult to find online. It should really be laid out in a lab, both for the final project and to let us test the files we made at the time we make them.

Week 6, the Powerpoint, isn't great. There's been a lot of technical education on the processes of data cleaning and everything of that nature across these nine courses, but very little in terms of what conclusions one might draw from this data. I think the certificate could use a course on this sort of actual analysis featuring examples of some of the conclusions we might draw from other datasets, or even a couple freebies at the start of this project just to point people in the right direction. When it came to coming up with innovative ideas about the data, I found myself coming up with a bunch and wondering if they were "innovative" enough; like whether simply laying out the rankings on a particular bar chart was sufficient for a "finding" point, or whether future predictions about rankings were sufficient for an implication. Grade-wise I did fine, I just think a bit of practice earlier would help us not be stumbling around so much on the final presentation.

By Benedikt F

Jan 19, 2022

T​here are many errors in this course. I even had to guess one of the multiple choice tests because the previous section this test was based was officialle under maintenance.

Also there are s​everal spelling mistakes in the material.

By Abdallah B

Mar 3, 2022

t​he modules are poorly related to each other

By Maggie M

Jan 30, 2022

Riddled with issues

By Hon T

Mar 30, 2022

hello,

I am very mad with registering accounts ibm.

I paid 40$ each month. The course lasts 11 months, and I have only 1 month trial permission.

Do not mention promotion codes. I interupted when I used it.

Bad experiences.