Back to Identifying Security Vulnerabilities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Identifying Security Vulnerabilities by University of California, Davis

This course will help you build a foundation of some of the fundamental concepts in secure programming. We will learn about the concepts of threat modeling and cryptography and you'll be able to start to create threat models, and think critically about the threat models created by other people. We'll learn the basics of applying cryptography, such as encryption and secure hashing. We'll learn how attackers can exploit application vulnerabilities through the improper handling user-controlled data. We'll gain a fundamental understanding of injection problems in web applications, including the three most common types of injection problems: SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and command injection. We'll also cover application authentication and session management where authentication is a major component of a secure web application and session management is the other side of the same coin, since the authenticated state of user requests need to be properly handled and run as one session. We'll learn about sensitive data exposure issues and how you can help protect your customer's data. We'll cover how to effectively store password-related information, and not to store the actual plaintext passwords. We'll participate in coding assignment that will help you to better understand the mechanisms for effectively storing password-related information. Along the way, we’ll discuss ways of watching out for and mitigating these issues and be able have some fun and exploit two different vulnerabilities in a web application that was designed to be vulnerable, called WebGoat....

DA

May 03, 2020

Instructor is very knowledgeable. Content was fantastic & modern. Quizzes weren't easy & really enforced the course content. My favorite course so far of the 4 part series.

HT

May 16, 2020

The course is really great and got to learn new & interesting concepts except that the webgoat installation tutorial/document is not up to date.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Identifying Security Vulnerabilities

By Giorgio B

Oct 30, 2019

Except for the first week, which introduces thread models, the rest of the course is the same as a part on "Identifying vulnerabilities in C/C++ programming"....

By malromaithi

Nov 12, 2019

A lot of the labs need to be updated as the latest webgoat does not function the same way as described in the lab anymore.

By Juan C Q V

Excellent course, i have learned a lot of thing, even when some topics are explained in a general way, The instructor has much knowledge about the topics, the syllabus is according with the goal of the course; and the practice with webgoat gives that practice in the learning process. Thank you for sharing this knowledge.

By Fernando D B G

Nov 18, 2019

It is not a very intense course, but each class is very well planned to learn the objectives and provides the resources to learn more. I am glad to have learned the topics developed in class.

By David A

May 03, 2020

By Hardik P T

May 16, 2020

By Sanjeev J

Oct 23, 2019

Threat Modeling and Week 4 code submission was very fruitful. Overall good content to learn for developers and Application Engineers.

By Virgil L M

This class was awesome, it was challenging, and caused me to grow toward my goal of being in Cyber security! Thanks!

By DEEPAK J

KINDLY PROVIDE HANDS ON .THERE WAS NO HANDS ON ALL THEORY NO T MUCH USE IF STUDENTS GET ZERO PRACTICAL

By Ehiede R

Jul 29, 2020

I really enjoyed the course just somethings need to be reviewed again so that it could be up to date

By Mahendiran

Jul 25, 2020

Coursera site is very use full for learning,knowledge sharing, quality checking and improve skills

By Deepak B

Dec 10, 2019

Its a good learning and got to know about security and Vulnerabilities in an ellaborate way. Thanks

By Shimane M

Jul 17, 2019

I can now take full control of my personal information online, without any tradeoffs

By Joseph O K

Jul 02, 2020

very good course and i love the instructor, very clear and straight to the point

By NITESH K S

Jul 06, 2020

Thank you ma'am it was a great learning with you. I learned so many new things.

By Shyam R

Jun 18, 2020

Perfect Course learn about mitigating vulnerabilities!

By Ajith G N

May 15, 2020

Excellent course material and equally good delivery.

By Howard S

Nov 20, 2019

Build practical foundation for application security

By GUPTA A

Sep 25, 2020

It Helped me alot this is best course 😊

By Dr V C S

Apr 30, 2020

Very informative course

By Christoffer L

Sep 15, 2020

First week very theoretical, while the last three becomes more practical. I did however feel like I learnt something that I could use in everyday life. The additional resources and reading is really nice, though you might want to check up on the current OWASP top 10, since this course is from 2017.

By Kevin P

Jul 20, 2020

Really awesome to learn about vulnerabilities.

By Dr. D R

Apr 13, 2020

I was excellent

By Praveen P

Peer Grade Assignments Marking By Indian Peers are validating our assignments very poor manner overall very bad attitude