Back to The Importance of Listening

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Importance of Listening by Northwestern University

In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization - "The Importance of Listening" - you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video. In this MOOC, guest speakers from Social Gist, BroadReader, Lexalytics, Semantria, Radian6, and IBM's Bluemix and Social Media Analytics Tools (SMA) will join Professor Hlavac to take you through the full range of analytics tools and options available to you and how to get the most from them. The best part, most of them will be available to you through the MOOC for free! Those purchasing the MOOC will receive special tools, templates, and videos to enhance your learning experience. In completing this course you will develop a fuller understanding of the data and will be able to increase the effectiveness of your content strategy by making better decisions and spotting crises before they happen! MOOC 2 bonus content in the paid toolkit includes access to Semantria's analytics engine to extract some data on the markets you are developing and have it analyzed. As a student in this course, you are being provided the opportunity to access IBM Bluemix® platform-as-a-service trial for up to six months at no-charge with no credit card (up to a $1500 value). NOTE: By enrolling in this course, given access to IBM's Bluemix technology for one month for free as well as Lexalytics' Semantria tool. For those earning a Course Certificate, you will be given an additional five months of Bluemix and three months of Semantria at no cost with a special key code. By enrolling for a Course Certificate for this MOOC, you are acknowledging that your email will be shared with Lexalytics for the sole and express purpose of generating your individual key code. After the key code has been generated, Lexalytics will delete your email from its records. Additional MOOC 2 faculty include: * Steve Dodd (SVP Business Development, Effyis - dba BoardReader and Socialgist - Global Social Media Content Access) * Seth Redmore (CMO, Lexalytics, Inc.) * Chris Gruber (Social Media Analytics Solution Architect, IBM) * Russell Beardall (Cloud Architect, IBM) * Tom Collinger (Executive Director Spiegel Research Center and Senior Director Distance Learning, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern) * Tressie Lieberman (VP Digital Innovation, Taco Bell)...

WL

May 26, 2018

I am enjoying the journey. I anticipate being a better digital marketer than ever before. Thank you for helping me to be better all the way around: personally, academically, and professionally.

SJ

Apr 02, 2016

I love the real-world and practical examples given for social listening. I think the descriptions of exactly how the social listening tools actually work help me with getting my own work done.

151 - 175 of 230 Reviews for The Importance of Listening

By Hanan H

Sep 25, 2019

Very good course,I'm so happy

By Benta A O

Sep 24, 2019

Fantastic lessons

By Jose J D

Oct 03, 2019

More than amazing. The taco bell series are awesome! Best course ever, I have enjoyed a lot. Only problem? the "free" software provided are not free at all. I think you should work on getting agreements to have licenses during course duration with, maybe not full, but better access. IBM is a good example.

By Elvis C A

Nov 13, 2019

This course is really helping me develop my social skills in marketing. Nee to finish this certiifcate up to the end.

By Shannon F

Nov 11, 2019

I have learned a lot and I feel confident about applying these skills at work.

By Vanessa V

Nov 08, 2019

I loved this course. I really gives you an idea of how social media really works.

By Ivan Z

Jan 17, 2019

some interviews about real events, kind of informative

By Hany H A E A

Feb 08, 2019

very good course with many detailinf and informations

By Jiayuan S

Feb 17, 2019

Useful insights from Taco Bell's Vice President of Digital Innovation but a few errors with quiz questions about content in missing videos, less than half-year long free trial of Bluemix and mistakes in transcript of videos. Generally worthy.

By Alejandra V

Mar 04, 2019

Es un poco lento y tedioso.Pero en general esta bien,

By KAREN C

Sep 07, 2018

VERY GREAT TOOLS AND REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES PRESENTED IN THIS MOOC!

By Gayle H

Oct 04, 2018

Fantastic, just want to get that one quiz figured out so I don't loose marks for questions that didn't apply? help

Dec 12, 2015

In this course, Randy Hlavac does a deeper dive into the importance of social media monitoring and gives a nice overview of some key social listening tools available on the market today.

By Edward A G

Oct 04, 2017

Material was outdated, but that's understandable.

By Rivière M

Feb 08, 2016

Nice class

By Nicholas M

Mar 17, 2016

The material is very Helpful

By Od S

Sep 20, 2017

You should be more clear about the tools, add by writing how to use them, very clear and step by step because they are not familiar at all. They are so many and we need a guide. The videos are confused.

By Lilliana U d N

Sep 20, 2016

Found difficult to use Semantria and IBM Bluemix. They were not user friendly and the videos were too limited, and did not show how to use the rest. It´s a shame that we are given 6 months to use, but no tools to take advantage of it.

By Alysia B

Oct 20, 2016

I learned a lot in this course about all the ways one can find info online about your product/business. Some of the guest lecture videos didn't hold my attention all that well, but I'm glad we had their perspective.

By Farhad

Feb 21, 2017

A little bit ambiguous and vague, however it gets better in the next sessions in my opinion.

By Malak A

Aug 24, 2017

This was a very informative course. I learned new ways to look up for influencers' on social media.

By Mira A N

Jul 01, 2018

Very good and interesting. The videos would be good to be updated so you didn't have to get stressed when you didn't find the sites that was down.

By Andrea Z

Jul 23, 2016

A very interesting course. A step-by-step guide on how to deploy the Bluemix App would have helped. That's the only thing missing.

By Luz E P A

Sep 28, 2016

Great really useful!

By Sister E B

Jun 17, 2016

I almost need to come back and listen to these lectures again. This course is pretty technical -- it involves several different digital tools. I found that it was possible to do well on the quizzes without really mastering the technical tools. Now that I'm trying to put them into use more fully, I find I don't understand them as well as I should have. I take responsibility for perhaps not pushing to understand the first time -- but I also encourage Coursera and @RandyHlavac to perhaps include something more than "did you get an account?" checks for the tools -- to make sure students grasp how to use the tools before they move on.