Back to The Importance of Listening

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Importance of Listening by Northwestern University

In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization - "The Importance of Listening" - you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video. In this MOOC, guest speakers from Social Gist, BroadReader, Lexalytics, Semantria, Radian6, and IBM's Bluemix and Social Media Analytics Tools (SMA) will join Professor Hlavac to take you through the full range of analytics tools and options available to you and how to get the most from them. The best part, most of them will be available to you through the MOOC for free! Those purchasing the MOOC will receive special tools, templates, and videos to enhance your learning experience. In completing this course you will develop a fuller understanding of the data and will be able to increase the effectiveness of your content strategy by making better decisions and spotting crises before they happen! MOOC 2 bonus content in the paid toolkit includes access to Semantria's analytics engine to extract some data on the markets you are developing and have it analyzed. As a student in this course, you are being provided the opportunity to access IBM Bluemix® platform-as-a-service trial for up to six months at no-charge with no credit card (up to a $1500 value). NOTE: By enrolling in this course, given access to IBM's Bluemix technology for one month for free as well as Lexalytics' Semantria tool. For those earning a Course Certificate, you will be given an additional five months of Bluemix and three months of Semantria at no cost with a special key code. By enrolling for a Course Certificate for this MOOC, you are acknowledging that your email will be shared with Lexalytics for the sole and express purpose of generating your individual key code. After the key code has been generated, Lexalytics will delete your email from its records. Additional MOOC 2 faculty include: * Steve Dodd (SVP Business Development, Effyis - dba BoardReader and Socialgist - Global Social Media Content Access) * Seth Redmore (CMO, Lexalytics, Inc.) * Chris Gruber (Social Media Analytics Solution Architect, IBM) * Russell Beardall (Cloud Architect, IBM) * Tom Collinger (Executive Director Spiegel Research Center and Senior Director Distance Learning, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern) * Tressie Lieberman (VP Digital Innovation, Taco Bell)...

WL

May 26, 2018

I am enjoying the journey. I anticipate being a better digital marketer than ever before. Thank you for helping me to be better all the way around: personally, academically, and professionally.

SJ

Apr 02, 2016

I love the real-world and practical examples given for social listening. I think the descriptions of exactly how the social listening tools actually work help me with getting my own work done.

51 - 75 of 246 Reviews for The Importance of Listening

By Paul K

Nov 20, 2017

Love this course. Introduction to Social Media Tools and how to use them. Along with an excellent overview of a Big Brand's use of Social Media

By Omar H

Feb 08, 2020

Valuable information, comprehensive information, new ideas in marketing, and excellent presentation by the professor. Thank you from the heart

By Candice S

Aug 11, 2016

Really enjoyed learning much more about how to understand what target market searches for and connecting with top influences of target market.

By Shaun C

Feb 08, 2016

There is so much to learn from this course! It's awesome. I really love that what I've learned I can immediately apply to what I'm working on.

By Hans K

Jan 11, 2018

Very practical and hand-on assignment. The tools can be brought immediately into action thus the contents are very useful and of high value

By Juan A R P

Dec 03, 2015

You learn Amazing tools that will shape the way you see the internet and look into your business. Fantastic Course totally recommend it.

By srikanth n

Jan 27, 2017

Good course, I took it as a free user and really liked the material it's very simple and easy . will taken only a few hrs to complete

By Gregory B

Aug 28, 2016

Excellent course. This is my second course of the specialization. I am sure the remaining four will be as stellar as the first two.

By Muhammad I

Apr 01, 2020

The Importance of Listening is a useful course that really gives the insight to understanding the audience and responds well in time

By Sol A O

Oct 07, 2017

Incredible and real course, you can see the results on your profesional persona in social media as you develop and use the tools.

By Natasha V

Nov 14, 2015

equally excellent experience

would request if you could please share slides of all the courses it will help for future reference

By Ana Q

Aug 13, 2017

Me encantó este curso aprendí mucho sobre como utilizar diferentes herramientas para escuchar a la audiencia que te interesa.

By Ting J

Feb 14, 2016

The Importance of Listening is a great course providing hands-on tools on how to track the social impact. Very useful tools.

By Scott J W S

Oct 10, 2017

Excellent course that I will be able to utilize the social monitoring tools that I learned about right away in my business.

By Noreen H

Feb 29, 2016

Excellent, I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in Digital Marketing or Digital Strategy development.

By rotem l

Feb 13, 2018

really good videos and explanations.

I am in the middle and allready seing an effect on my buisness

keep up the good work !

By Marcela M

Sep 18, 2017

I just can say WOW with all these tools, you don't realize all the information you can get, and all what you can learn

By Ashley L

May 02, 2016

An excellent course! The tools provided as a part of the Social Media Specialization certificate have been invaluable.

By Elvis C A

Nov 13, 2019

This course is really helping me develop my social skills in marketing. Nee to finish this certiifcate up to the end.

By Luke O

Sep 18, 2017

The tools, strategy, and walk-throughs given in this course to date alone, has proved hugely useful for our business.

By James G

Jan 24, 2016

I though this course did a great job of introducing the idea of social listening and providing tools to implement it.

By Goutam D

Apr 20, 2016

This is an exceptional course. This course has helped me a lot. A milestone for dummies in social media marketing...

By Jane T

Dec 02, 2015

Much harder than MOOC 1, but I think I learned a little more, too, combined with the MOOC 1 experience. Good stuff!

By Fitcher T N

Nov 29, 2018

Worth it ... well structured , Access to offline as well , good quality and reference , excellent tools offered

By Ehren M

Aug 20, 2018

It really provides in-depth information and helps you learn so much about the world of social media marketing.