Back to Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity by University of Colorado System

Do you want to promote diversity and inclusion? This course will empower and equip you to develop inclusive cultures where everyone feels valued and respected. You will learn how highly inclusive leaders from around the world use processes of social influence to interact effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You will deepen your understanding of the benefits of diversity. And, you will explore a wealth of perspectives and practices to help you to reap those benefits. This course is for current or aspiring leaders in ANY type of workplace, in ANY leadership role - a CEO of a corporation, a head of a department, a manager of a workgroup, a team leader, a chair of a committee, you name it! Course highlights include studying signature traits of inclusive leadership (based on global research), strengthening self-awareness, developing your communication skills, and improving your ability to help others feel a strong sense of belonging. Course content covers traditional and timely topics -- from listening, feedback, and collaboration, to privilege, implicit bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations. The instructor for this course is nationally recognized educator, leader, and public speaker, Dr. Brenda J. Allen (Communication Professor Emerita). Dr. Allen is a retired Chief Diversity Officer who offers highly-rated workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics such as inclusive leadership, racial equity, strategic planning, respect in the workplace, and diversity recruitment/retention practices. She has a proven ability for explaining complex and sensitive topics in non-threatening ways. She clearly explains concepts and offers compelling real-life examples - including her own experiences....

EM
Apr 23, 2021

Even though I am not a leader or have not been a leader, this course has contributed to me a lot. I am sure that I shall be able to use all the information I learned in this course, in my social life.

RH
Apr 19, 2021

It's a very interesting course and relevant to workplace diversity to create a competitive advantage for any organization. Personally, I feel enlightened and equipped to be a highly inclusive leader.

126 - 150 of 504 Reviews for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

By Anders M

Aug 25, 2021

Excellent short course that manages to incorporate a vast range of knowledge and skills that have given me a fantastic understanding of how I can be an inclusive leader. All this material is extremely relevant to the modern workplace and I highly encourage anyone to take this course.

By Ramya M

Apr 30, 2021

An amazing course with an eye opening perspective, really informative. Loved the teaching of Brenda J. Allen and the additional resources provided for the topics enhanced our understandings on the content. I will definitely strive to be a inclusive leader at all times. Thank you!

By Bongiwe

May 10, 2021

A great eye opener and I recommend it for everyone. We all can learn something from this beautifully presented course. Lesson learnt is going to improve my personal interactions , at home, with friends, within the work environment or let me just say in all aspects of my life.

By David E A B

May 14, 2021

It's a great course to learn about aspects of leadership that commonly doesn't talk about with other persons. I highly recommend this course to every person who wants to learn about more of itself and to learn how to work with people of different cultures, age and gender.

By Julie D

Apr 19, 2021

This course was exceptional! A great speaker in Dr. Allen, and so many wonderful resources and articles too! I highly recommend this for anyone wanting an introductory leadership course in this topic, or someone needed a review and ideas for real world applications!

By Dr S S

May 9, 2021

Fantastic course and a must for anyone. Dr Brenda J. Allen has covered a very relevant and critical topic in a very effective and action-able manner. This course opens up our mind to better comprehend the aspects we need to understand. Thank you Dr Brenda J. Allen.

By Alessandra C S T

Apr 29, 2021

One of the best courses I have ever taken on Coursera! The way the content is structured helps in the learning process. And the examples the professor brought about her day to day in organizations helps to understand even more about how to be an inclusive leader.

By Sarabjot K

Sep 17, 2021

I think this was a fantastic course that highlighted some difficult situations that people in a non-dominant group might face and how leaders can commit and help build an inclusive workplace for their teams where everyone can feel valued, included and respected.

By Andreas G

May 30, 2021

I​ learnd a lot in this course, the course material, Teacher everything is well explained & you always can review the material if needed. there a lot of side information what i find very usefull. In overall for me one of the best courses i take so far. thank you

By Robert F

Jul 21, 2021

My employer spent thousands of dollars on courses related to inclusion in the workplace. This by far is as good if not better than anything I have ever taken. I recommend this for anyone looking to improve the culture in their personal or professional life.

By jalyn k

May 11, 2021

Dear autor fo this extraordinary course,

I want to express my gratitude to you for your effort and tremendeous job in order to make this course interesting, simple and very informative. I learned so much and I am sure those informations will be useful for me.

By Bernard A K

May 12, 2021

This course has opened up my mind to a lot of things that I once ignored in the work place. Things I use to say or do to colleagues I now realize are hurtful in one way or the other. It will also aid my decision making when it comes to non dominant groups.

By Katheline O

Jun 21, 2021

Wonderful course to introduce and strengthen one's understanding and knowledge on inclusive leadership. The course was full of very valuable resources as well as relatable materials to utilize for reflection and sharing with your teams and organizations.

By Liza P

May 6, 2021

I truly enjoyed the articles / video and the learning material where the course details are clearly articulated. It provides an opportunity & a roadmap to aspire to be a leader, and particularly, an inclusive leader, which is the absolute right way to go

By SUSHIL K V S

Apr 25, 2021

Great course! Learned a lot about what the supposed "Leaders" in the US of A, especially in healthcare should learn but really don't. I wonder if a survey of the materials is given to the so-called "Leaders" would lead to a biased response. Just curious.

By Linda C

May 21, 2021

This course should be a must take for everyone. Dr. Brenda Allen is the ultimate presenter/facilitator for this topic. She is engaging and highly competent with this subject. It was pure delight throughout the entire course. Dr. Allen is excellent.

By Jamyang C

May 11, 2021

I really enjoyed the course and I learned so many new concept of role of inclusive leaders in a work diversity. I learned a lot in week 3 lesson. Six signature of inclusive leadership was way too helpful and applicable in the current workplace of mine.

By Sanjukta C

May 15, 2021

Very happy with Courseera's initiative for their 9th anniversary to offer a free course. Good learning, very well explained by the instructor (Brenda Allen) and easy to understand content made it a joy to attend this course. Keep up the good work :)

By Abhishek M

Apr 21, 2021

Amazing course and I truly loved the way of teachings by my instructor Dr Brenda J. Allen. Her own personal life time stories has added great values in the course, it has motivated me throughout the course. Thank you Dr Allen and thank you Coursera!

By Dr. A I

May 16, 2021

Really an eye opener for all of us. Instructor has given a clear picture about all the facets and aspects of inclusive leadership. especially, six signature traits of inclusive leadership is really a new angle of leadership skills. Thanks a lot...

By Shipra B

Apr 27, 2021

The Course instructor as made sincere efforts to truly make us understand the Power of Inclusive Leadership. I can now identify the happenings in the surrounding and relate to what I ave learnt.Tank you so much for enlightening and empowering me.

By Ross H

Nov 24, 2021

Thank you! I really appreciated how well organized this course was through the inspiring modelling of Inclusive Leadership and Self Awareness of Dr. Allen through the thought provoking lessons and the enhancing extra reading articles and videos.

By Nancy K

Jul 9, 2021

This course was a great eye opener for me.

It has helped me unravel a lot of things in the workplace that I had earlier assumed. All this is going to be practised at my workplace and in life.

Thank you so very much for the detailed course.

By Ingrid E N

Sep 12, 2021

I am highly impressed by all the reading material and videos that support each module. Dr. Brenda J. Allen shows that while putting together the program, she conducted deep research to make it complete. I highly recommend this program.

By Aquilla W

May 18, 2021

The course was very enlightening and informational. I would also like to compliment Professor Brenda Allen for her dedication to the course and subject. Thank you for being one of the brave ones, you are a phenomenal woman and speaker!