Back to Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity by University of Colorado System

Do you want to promote diversity and inclusion? This course will empower and equip you to develop inclusive cultures where everyone feels valued and respected. You will learn how highly inclusive leaders from around the world use processes of social influence to interact effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You will deepen your understanding of the benefits of diversity. And, you will explore a wealth of perspectives and practices to help you to reap those benefits. This course is for current or aspiring leaders in ANY type of workplace, in ANY leadership role - a CEO of a corporation, a head of a department, a manager of a workgroup, a team leader, a chair of a committee, you name it! Course highlights include studying signature traits of inclusive leadership (based on global research), strengthening self-awareness, developing your communication skills, and improving your ability to help others feel a strong sense of belonging. Course content covers traditional and timely topics -- from listening, feedback, and collaboration, to privilege, implicit bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations. The instructor for this course is nationally recognized educator, leader, and public speaker, Dr. Brenda J. Allen (Communication Professor Emerita). Dr. Allen is a retired Chief Diversity Officer who offers highly-rated workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics such as inclusive leadership, racial equity, strategic planning, respect in the workplace, and diversity recruitment/retention practices. She has a proven ability for explaining complex and sensitive topics in non-threatening ways. She clearly explains concepts and offers compelling real-life examples - including her own experiences....

AC
Jan 16, 2021

An incredibly insightful course. I've really enjoyed both the video content and the material linked as additional resources. I've learnt a lot and taken plenty of notes for the future.

MM
Jan 23, 2021

The teacher was amazing and I appreciated hearing her own personal stories throughout her life. I have already recommended this course to coworkers and two people have signed up.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

By robert M

Oct 7, 2020

Brenda J Allen was fantastic. Having sat through hundreds of presentations/ online classes she definitely rises above the rest. I leave smarter, much more open minded and more self aware that I have a lot of self work to do.

By ELINGUI P U

Oct 7, 2020

This is a truly great course that all leaders should take!

By Shantha S

Oct 27, 2020

Excellent course with Lots of Example. I felt worth spending time for the sam

By Wenen Y

Oct 3, 2020

great

By Laurie E G

Nov 25, 2020

I really enjoyed this learning experience and feel I learned alot. I experience a few issues that prevent me from giving this course five stars. First, I could not access many of the Forbes and Harvard Business Review articles, as I read over my limit and would have thus needed to pay for subscriptions to access course material. Second, I did not feel valued or respected when I took time to write substantive responses for quizzes and activities and simply got an automated "correct" answer. That was kind of invalidating. I also found the discussion board to lack substance. Many folks seemed to offer short, surface level responses. I wonder how more actual engagement between participants and instructor and participants and participants might have boosted my learning. Overall, however, a very helpful course. I am super glad I took it and appreciate Brenda Allen taking time to develop and deliver this course! Again, I learned so much that I know I will apply to administration at my university.

By Dave v d H

Dec 20, 2020

One of the best courses i have ever followed. Professor Allen is amazing. She explains everything clearly by using good examples. Furthermore, this course is definitely an added value for leaders but also people who are interested in diversity and inclusive leadership.

By Lewis B

Dec 16, 2020

Excellent course and instructor. Dr. Brenda Allen did an excellent job of relaying the information and helping everyone learn hidden biases and ways to improve. This should be a course that anyone working should attend but especially those in leadership positions.

By Lisa H

Nov 5, 2020

Dr. Allen was awesome in her presentations. I have a lot more to learn about myself and others and I feel like I'm on the way to discovering some much more as I develop my skills in inclusive leadership. Thank you Dr. Dr. Allen.

By Ana M

Dec 18, 2020

A must for anyone! One of the best courses I have ever taken. Brenda Allen delivers in a compelling, passionate yet objective way. Well structured with solid reference materials. Insighful and enjoyable.

By Antonello C

Jan 17, 2021

By Michelle M

Jan 24, 2021

By Astrid M

Jan 11, 2021

Excellent course! Insightful, well structured and very good delivered by Prof. Allen. She is an extraordinary teacher. Altogether, a very rewarding learning experience.

By Jennifer A

Dec 29, 2020

So helpful that it was self-paced. Appreciate the pdf resources included at the end. Most of all, humbling and valuable to learn directly from Dr. Allen.

By Humu H

Dec 16, 2020

I really loved this course, I have learned a lot. Thank you, Mrs.. BREDA. wish I get the chance to meet you, such a wonderful lecturer.

By Ceez R

Nov 28, 2020

Great resource for cultivating inclusive leadership amongst each of us, regardless of position or title.

By Sharon H

Dec 21, 2020

Excellent course. Like all of Dr. Allen's work, topics are presented with empathy and understanding.

By Ann M K

Nov 7, 2020

I learned very valuable information in this course and greatly enjoyed Dr. Allen's teaching.

By Carolina M C

Nov 29, 2020

Excellent course with a lot of new ideas and topics to be an inclusive leader !! Thanks !!

By Sandra S

Jan 16, 2021

Very good course! Well structured, inspiring professor, and insightful reading materials!

By Veronica V C

Jan 13, 2021

Insightful and great course for anyone who wants to succeed at your role.

By Oliver R S

Jan 18, 2021

It was fully worth every min of my time thanl you.

By Kelli B