Back to Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity by University of Colorado System

Do you want to promote diversity and inclusion? This course will empower and equip you to develop inclusive cultures where everyone feels valued and respected. You will learn how highly inclusive leaders from around the world use processes of social influence to interact effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You will deepen your understanding of the benefits of diversity. And, you will explore a wealth of perspectives and practices to help you to reap those benefits. This course is for current or aspiring leaders in ANY type of workplace, in ANY leadership role - a CEO of a corporation, a head of a department, a manager of a workgroup, a team leader, a chair of a committee, you name it! Course highlights include studying signature traits of inclusive leadership (based on global research), strengthening self-awareness, developing your communication skills, and improving your ability to help others feel a strong sense of belonging. Course content covers traditional and timely topics -- from listening, feedback, and collaboration, to privilege, implicit bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations. The instructor for this course is nationally recognized educator, leader, and public speaker, Dr. Brenda J. Allen (Communication Professor Emerita). Dr. Allen is a retired Chief Diversity Officer who offers highly-rated workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics such as inclusive leadership, racial equity, strategic planning, respect in the workplace, and diversity recruitment/retention practices. She has a proven ability for explaining complex and sensitive topics in non-threatening ways. She clearly explains concepts and offers compelling real-life examples - including her own experiences....

EM
Apr 23, 2021

Even though I am not a leader or have not been a leader, this course has contributed to me a lot. I am sure that I shall be able to use all the information I learned in this course, in my social life.

RH
Apr 19, 2021

It's a very interesting course and relevant to workplace diversity to create a competitive advantage for any organization. Personally, I feel enlightened and equipped to be a highly inclusive leader.

176 - 200 of 504 Reviews for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

By Daniel J

May 18, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the course, thank you. A great facilitator who keeps one engaged the whole time. It certainly helped me to be a more active listener. Good materials to supplement lessons.

By Marvin M

May 16, 2021

The topics were varied, well resourced and discussed in a dynamic and captivating fashion.

This can definitely be recommended as it does give different perspectives on how leadership should be.

By huda a

May 16, 2021

The best course I ever enrolled in considering leadership. I learned tons of things and it opened my eyes for many act that I do or other do that may cause negative impact. Thank you very much

By Ruby Z

Jun 1, 2021

Very useful information that I feel we think we understand but really do not. So I really learned allot and this allowed for me to further look into other concepts I am not too familiar with.

By Kemi A

Apr 20, 2021

Very educative course and course materials was excellently delivered. My takeaway is that the 4 modules teaches us to be better human beings particularly in the workplace/diverse environment.

By Sophie T

Jun 18, 2021

A fantastic and enlightening course, the resources this course provides are extremely valuable to anyone or any organisation looking to increase their diversity through inclusive leadership.

By Cheryl S R

Apr 26, 2021

The course was excellent. The presenter did an excellent job. This course could be upgraded from a Certificate to a Diploma. I thought that I was going to be awarded a Certificate.

By Jonas v W

Jul 10, 2021

Amazing and super extended course around inclusive leadership and what the concept entails of becoming and being an inclusive leader in the workplace. Highly recommend for everyone.

By Maria d M C

May 6, 2021

The best course, very complete, helpfull and usefull.

Im feeling that now i have more responsability to do the things more inclusive.

Thank you Prof. Brenda Allen, you opened my mind.

By Pearlyn T

Apr 30, 2021

This is an excellent course that I recommend. Empower and equip us the knowledge to develop inclusive cultures in our workplace are important other then technical skillsets at work.

By Kerensa P

Aug 13, 2021

This course takes a close look at inclusive leadership and provides not only theory and philosophy but also practical information and action steps to practice inclusive leadership.

By Maeyrhona M

May 13, 2021

Thank you for your wonderful opportunity ,I've learnt a lot on how to communicate people , of how to manage leadership skills It's' taking steps towards my growth as an individual.

By Umaru U

May 15, 2021

The course was insightful and educative and I really learnt a lot. For anybody looking into being an inclusive leader, this is a go area for you. Thanks for this great opportunity

By Lizelle L

Sep 17, 2021

Thank you for this course! This course reach my expectations with regards to Leadership. I will definitely use all my learning to my future work. Thank you again and Godbless po!

By Bryan F

Apr 19, 2021

Engaging presentation. First-class production. If you take only one Business/Management/Leadership Executive Training course this year: Make it this gem. Thank you CU Boulder.

By Oscar R

Sep 1, 2021

This has been one of my favorite courses here in Coursera. Now I know who is a good leader , who is not, and who is a leader that lacks of any of the six traits of leadership.

By Ashari A

Jul 21, 2021

Learn different methodology in handling of diversity, inclusion and leadership. The reading list are very insightful. Thanks to Brenda J. Allen for a very engaging lecture

By luanna G

May 30, 2021

Dr Allen provided great examples and was an engaging speaker. The videos and extra reading materials complemented the content provided in the program. Thank you Dr Allen!

By Buddika G

May 3, 2021

Wonderful!

Contains eye-opening facts. Worth spending time on pursuing this. Loved every bit of learning with Brenda! Recommend to all LEADERS who CARE workplace diversity.

By WILSON T K E

Jul 5, 2021

In depth information, learnt some key notes on the topic. But too many readings involved, personally, I'm not the type of reading guy, I prefer videos and practical :D

By Kim G

May 14, 2021

I enjoyed the information presented by Dr. Brenda Allen because it was clear and to the point. The stories used helped to create a better understanding of the material.

By Aline L

May 26, 2021

Esse curso me abriu totalmente a mente e me deu ferramentas para ser uma líder mais inclusiva e também para desenvolver treinamentos e sensibilizações sobre o tema.

By Lena. R

Apr 18, 2021

It was really great and the professor has covered everything in this course related to inclusive leadership. Thanks for give beautiful lectures. Thank you coursera.

By Alexandra L S

May 16, 2021

Dr. Allen has a wealth of knowledge and experience in diversity and inclusion. Her course was well-structured, clear, and thought-provoking. I highly recommend it.