Back to Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity by University of Colorado System

Do you want to promote diversity and inclusion? This course will empower and equip you to develop inclusive cultures where everyone feels valued and respected. You will learn how highly inclusive leaders from around the world use processes of social influence to interact effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You will deepen your understanding of the benefits of diversity. And, you will explore a wealth of perspectives and practices to help you to reap those benefits. This course is for current or aspiring leaders in ANY type of workplace, in ANY leadership role - a CEO of a corporation, a head of a department, a manager of a workgroup, a team leader, a chair of a committee, you name it! Course highlights include studying signature traits of inclusive leadership (based on global research), strengthening self-awareness, developing your communication skills, and improving your ability to help others feel a strong sense of belonging. Course content covers traditional and timely topics -- from listening, feedback, and collaboration, to privilege, implicit bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations. The instructor for this course is nationally recognized educator, leader, and public speaker, Dr. Brenda J. Allen (Communication Professor Emerita). Dr. Allen is a retired Chief Diversity Officer who offers highly-rated workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics such as inclusive leadership, racial equity, strategic planning, respect in the workplace, and diversity recruitment/retention practices. She has a proven ability for explaining complex and sensitive topics in non-threatening ways. She clearly explains concepts and offers compelling real-life examples - including her own experiences....

EM
Apr 23, 2021

Even though I am not a leader or have not been a leader, this course has contributed to me a lot. I am sure that I shall be able to use all the information I learned in this course, in my social life.

KQ
May 9, 2021

This was an excellent guiding self paced course with valuable information that Dr. Allen has provided for all of her students and I will apply the resources and information for my on the job working.

151 - 175 of 504 Reviews for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

By Graciela T M

Apr 25, 2021

El curso me pareció muy bueno, creo que es un curso que todos tendrían que hacer ya que es realmente informativo y educativo para lograr cualidades de liderazgo en cada una de nuestras vidas. Gracias Brenda J, por este increíble curso.

By Baxter A

May 3, 2021

I was WOW'd very thorough taught revealing many inputs. Find it ironic for this type of courts (inclusion - diversity) yet the default profile icon is a MAN I am a WOMAN, and it defaulted to MAN because my name is Baxter! Go figure

By Izzat R

May 26, 2021

I would like to express my gratitude to Coursera team for this course. I found this course useful which gave me an opportunity to enhance my leadership skills as well as I am sure it will enable me to get promotion in my career.

By Oolong T

May 17, 2021

Very informative and eye opening. The course will not only help you develop your skills as an inclusive leader, it also provides a lot of information which can help you build better relationships with people in the workplace.

By Bukola

Oct 28, 2021

The best decision I ever made this year was to sign up for this course.

It opened my eyes to things I had no idea of on leadership, self management, communication and mostly my intrapersonal communications. Thank you Coursera

By chukwu v

Jul 17, 2021

T​aking this course have improved my leadership skills and insight on how to operate in a workplace. it has been so enlightening. im grteful to Cousera for this opportunity and Profeso Brendan for her painstaken commitment.

By Rohan

May 15, 2021

Brenda J. Allen is a wonderful tutor. Initially, this course seemed very theoretical & boring to be frank, but as the course passed, it became very interesting with examples that I could seriously relate. Great experience!

By Sharyn H

Apr 22, 2021

Really enjoyed this course - some great practical exams of the benefits of workplace diversity, and great examples of privilege and the impacts on non dominant groups. Great presenter. Would highly recommend this course

By Darryl C

May 23, 2021

Dr. Allen is a very welcoming facilitator. She clearly explained the concepts and made the course enjoyable to complete. I appreciated the many additional reading materials and videos throughout the course. Well done!

By Ezequiel O

May 6, 2021

This course is amazing! Instructor is very charimatic and concrete about the topics, the course is full of interesting material and helps us open our eyes about diversity and inclusion. It was really helpfull, loved it

By Ibrahim B

Jun 1, 2021

this course is excellent and the professor is the best you have. She explained the material in a way that you have great understanding she is very focus patient by the material and all the relevant for the course.

By April Y

Jun 18, 2021

This course provides a detailed discussion on the traits of inclusive leadership and why diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are important aspects all businesses and leaders need to consider and implement.

By Arif U H

May 28, 2021

Really thought provking course. Helped me find my blinds spot and implicit biases I was not previously aware of. A MUST for executives and leaders who want to develop inclusive workplaces where everyone thrives.

By Jana M (

May 12, 2021

I love this course and our instructor, Brenda J. Allen, Ph.D. Dr, Allen's work makes you want to do better and be better. I am absolutely a better administrator and human for having taken the course. Thank you!

By Happiness E

Apr 22, 2021

Reflect on your own situations what attributes do you possess that you benefit from but did not have to earn? Acknowledged them as privileges no shame, no guilt just your starting point for self awareness.

By Ana

Jul 11, 2021

The course is excellent. Very comprehensive, resourceful, insightful and interesting. The course instructor is excellent! Loved her resourcefulness & clarity of thought, as well as the tone of her voice.

By Arun T

May 16, 2021

Top class insights on D&I and its the need of the hour for the organizations to transform who expecting see the exponential growth. Learnt more things and hope it helps me in my transformational journey

By Queenie N

Aug 17, 2021

This course has vast information, which helps us to be more aware of this important topic. It has useful details to guide us towards inclusive leadership. Thank you very much, it is valuable knowledge.

By Kim Q

May 10, 2021

By Peter W

Apr 26, 2021

One of the best courses I've taken on Coursera. Great content and awesome instructor. So much extra material for anyone that wants to dive deep into this subject as well as get to know themselves.

By Amzi S

May 12, 2021

I really enjoy the course. I appreciate the lecture and the related materials are interesting. The professor was provided us all the materials and her lecture was very clear and useful. Thank you!

By Larihun J

Jun 4, 2021

Very interesting course. I've learned a lot from this course especially how to value and respect others. I hope this course can really help me apply many ideas in my workplace. Thank you so much.

By Krishna P

May 14, 2021

As per my experience this course have best explanation on Leadership. Specially Thanks To Dr. Brenda J. Allen They have amazing explanation skills. so I rate 5/5 on all category. Thanks Coursera

By Rafsan Z

Apr 23, 2021

Most beautiful course i have ever witnessed. This course feel really informative and educational to achieve leadership qualities in each of our life. Thank you Brenda J, for this amazing course.

By Axmed C

May 20, 2021

This course helped me a lot in how to lead and work with people from different background, ethnicity, religion etc. and make everyone valued, heard and included in achieving intended objective