Back to Understanding Financial Statements: Company Performance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Statements: Company Performance by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of financial statements with an emphasis on the income statement. Building on the foundation formed in the first course, you will learn about the third of our three measurement questions and how the income statement helps to answer this final measurement question. Returning to the real business people introduced in the first course, this second course describes the basic content of income statement in a simple yet relevant context. The course ends by summarizing many of the lessons learned in both courses to leave you with a lasting impression about what financial statements are and how accounting can work for you. We all know that accounting is “the language of business”; let’s make learning this language engaging, and perhaps even fun! Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Describe the purpose of an income statement. • Define the basic components of an income statement. • Recognize and understand the meaning of several items typically presented on an income statement. • Explain the broader purpose of financial statements and the role of accounting in producing the financial statements. • Read and, to some extent, interpret real-world income statements. If you enjoy this business course and are interested in an MBA, consider applying to the iMBA, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price offered by the University of Illinois. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

TB

Feb 27, 2017

Great set of courses for a beginner in the accounting field. Informative and well taught. Thanks to Kevin Jackson for making potentially complicated subject matter simple and easy to relate to.

MK

Aug 17, 2017

Outstanding course. The instructor does an excellent job of simplifying complex ideas to make your learning and understanding more meaningful and easy to grasp.

26 - 39 of 39 Reviews for Understanding Financial Statements: Company Performance

By Adriana C G

May 20, 2019

It helped me understanding the statement of income and the

By Hazem M Y M

Feb 27, 2019

Excellent course for non

By chika e

Jun 28, 2017

quite enlightening

By Belal K

Jan 24, 2017

it was a great experience.

By Latoya H

Apr 26, 2017

Great Course!

By Megha B

Mar 09, 2017

It was a great experience. This course help me understand the components of financial statements

By Hailey S

Aug 10, 2016

This course is much better put together than the one on company position (balance sheet). It's still not terribly in-depth, but as an overview for those unfamiliar with accounting, it has quite a bit of good information.

By Cristobal S

Mar 28, 2017

The course explains in very simple ways the essentials for understanding how companies actually perform, although it would be helpful if they used more examples to explain the ratios.

By Hao S N

Feb 07, 2018

The course provides a lot of useful and informative reading materials. However, somehow I feel the lectures are not well connected with those readings. Plus we don't have any maths problems to practice the theory we learn.

By Victor V S

May 30, 2017

It is a great course about accounting!

By José M

Aug 01, 2019

Es un muy buen curso. Muy buenas las explicaciones y los ejemplos.

By Claudia P

Jan 22, 2018

Nice course!

By Gina F

Jul 23, 2018

The course is a bit outdated and there is no community. You write papers and wait for peers to provide feedback for many weeks... It has great potential but it's like the content was created and posted and then forgotten about....

By Nguyễn H T

Jun 07, 2016

A lazy reviewer gave me the score of 0 and left me this comment: "I am not able to give any score, I tried very hard to understand the matter but it was difficult for me. I have to score it just for me to check the other student's work. Please don't consider my scoring here." I studied hard and received this poor evauation. I screamed for help many times but no one replied to my request. The quality of the course is superb and my experience is completely ruined by a shitty score which does not reflect my work.