Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA
Mar 24, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF
Jan 21, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

101 - 125 of 682 Reviews for Influencing People

By Mohamed A

Jan 20, 2016

This course is a great effort for personal development and better analysis for influencing tactics you can use and how to protect yourself from being abused by it.

By Chunyan G

Mar 25, 2021

I have learned useful tactics of influencing of people as well as avoiding from the influence biases! This is a very practical course and I strongly recommend!

By MONIKA K

It was a nice program whereas the instructors were highly knowledgable and explanatory skills.

The examples stated by them help to understand the concept clearly.

By Gianfranco

Oct 30, 2016

I really enjoy the course, now I know the tactics I need to influence others and how can I protect myself from other people using those tactics on me. Thank you!

By Agustin C

May 17, 2016

Really good training and it has proved to be really useful. I knew some of things things already, but having them in a structured way is extremely useful for me.

By Rommel L M

Nov 11, 2020

Great Course. Eye opener and very practical. You can use the tactics taught here at once but be very careful and make sure that you have a high moral compass.

By Ahmed A

May 4, 2016

Great, great class! You learn a lot about social interactions and the types of influences that you can leverage despite not holding formal roles of leadership.

By Francis

Feb 13, 2016

Great lessons that helps me to think more about how people influence people and how to exercise one of the most useful,practical tatics to inluence!Thank you!

By Pooja S

Jul 29, 2019

Very useful course given the current corporate scenario everywhere. Very relatable, practical solutions and crisp engaging videos. Truly recommend this cours

By Julia V M

Dec 21, 2015

Covers theory and its application in a very straight forward and clear way. Enjoyable way to learn very practical skills everyone can apply to their lives.

By Nikki D

Jul 14, 2020

Very interesting course. I'm hoping I can remember everything I learned and be able to quickly recall and apply it when I need it! Practice makes perfect!

By Maya B

Nov 3, 2020

i really enjoyed the videos and the quizzes were so helpful to understand what it is all about and how we can use all the tools we took in our daily life

By lokesh p

Feb 8, 2016

The course materials are well prepared well and professors are well presented the courses, ​it is really useful in career and personal life,​ appreciated

By Elisma E

Jan 2, 2016

Influencing People is really helpful to me. I had in mind that you should be the Head in order for me to influence people, now I have another conception.

By Phaelan V

Jan 16, 2017

course provides a great overview of valuable lessons, along with sound academic underpinnings, on how to be more effective, persuasive, and convincing!

By Katia R

Apr 4, 2016

I really found this course very interesting and applicable to my work and life, this is the one I liked more of the 3 that I have finished from the Sp

By Vishal N

May 8, 2020

The content and the learning platform provided by Ross business of school, Michigan University is really good. Must do course for management students

By WOOI L H

Apr 28, 2020

Easy for understanding and gives me a new perspective on how to deal with people and how to attract to positive influence rather than the negatives.

By Amita R

Jul 25, 2019

Very interesting course. learned a lot about people's behaviour and influence tactics used on daily basis on professional as well as personal life.

By Manoj M

Jan 7, 2016

A very good course to understand the various tactics involved in influencing people and how to protect ourselves from getting influenced by others.

By Bobirjan T

Dec 8, 2019

a very interesting and useful course. it has a lot of insights about how to identify, detect and develop a set of skills in relation to influence.

By Paul K

Sep 8, 2016

I've taken a bunch of Coursera Courses, and these were my favorite. Fun to watch and packed with useful stuff I wish I had known a long time ago.

By Thomas C

Jun 24, 2016

Really informative and provides some great advice on connecting with people (something I have frequently struggled with). A very enjoyable course.

By Liangjie S

Aug 31, 2016

It's pretty awesome that I've learned quite many great thought from this lesson. So that I am able to think and apply in my current job. Thanks!

By Adityakumar S

Aug 26, 2020

We learnt a lot with this modules. All faculties taught well which is clearly understandable.

This will help to us to build additional calibers.