Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

101 - 125 of 435 Reviews for Influencing People

By Brent W

Jun 03, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Phaelan V

Jan 17, 2017

course provides a great overview of valuable lessons, along with sound academic underpinnings, on how to be more effective, persuasive, and convincing!

By choi h

Sep 03, 2016

Practical and interesting!

By Catarina C

Dec 17, 2015

With the right balance of time spent on videos, good amount of scientific background supported by studies and excellent practical tips to put the theory into practice!

Very clear language and simple / easy to follow structure.

Learned a lot with it and highly commend it! Well done.

By Marcos P B

Feb 08, 2016

Recommended for everyone. Everyone must know it.

By Arjan d B

Feb 21, 2016

Very course. Good explaination of the influence that is already taking place in our everyday live. This course tells the way's to influence others. Another part of the puzzle with things occur and sometime nog go as planned in influencing others.

By Deepak S

Feb 27, 2016

Best leadership course that I have taken. I wish this was available few years before and I would have done so many things differently to get my ideas forward and made the right impact to organization benefit. Great course, immense learning and insight...I would highly highly recommend to everyone who wants to understand the nuance of power and influence and use them to get there right ideas forward and avoid getting influenced with wrong ones. Go for it!!

By Oxana M

Feb 15, 2016

G

By Sohail

Apr 17, 2017

good

By Christopher B

Dec 09, 2015

As both a healthcare professional and an executive for a healthcare organization I am blown away by how good the courses within the Leading People and Teams specialization are. I found Coursera through my own search for personal professional development and every course I have done has been top notch but the courses in this specialization really raise the bar. I have encouraged my peers and subordinates to take the courses within the Leading People and Teams Specialization and we may actually do a coordinated effort to get leaders and aspiring leaders into this Coursera specialization.

By Felipe V B C

Dec 18, 2015

the lessons are awesome

By HP H

Jan 20, 2016

Excellent!

By Jason M

Feb 06, 2017

Good course that helps provide a solid overview to help understand the importance of influence and how to effectively apply it.

By Roxy M

Apr 03, 2016

This course is amazing. I've only been through the first week, but I've already learned more than my actual classes at school. It has given me a different perspective on power. I have already found this information useful in my current office and will be incredibly valuable when I am put into a leadership position. Thank you!

By MARTIN J

Jan 08, 2017

j'ai pris un très grand plaisir à suivre ce cours. Il est vraiment agréable à suivre et l'on peut appliquer directement les cours dans la vie personnelle et en entreprise. je le recommande.

By Carlos A G L

Sep 14, 2016

Excellent Course!, full of useful and actionable information. Excellent Instructors and explanations. Pure gold!. Thank you.

By Rana W

Jan 13, 2016

Very interesting course and has highlight the awareness in me for good politics.

By Amruta

Dec 21, 2015

Very good class. Gives real life examples and helpful tips to make yourself better at workplace.

By Andrew R

May 23, 2016

Phenomenal course which backs up virtually all of their claims with actual scientific evidence. Definitely useful and highly recommended.

By Elizabeth R D

Jun 03, 2016

Learned a lot

By Konstantin K

Dec 06, 2017

Quite amount of useful information

By Stefan

Feb 06, 2016

Great stuff, interesting packed & skillful presented!

By Robert Y

Dec 09, 2015

Awesome

By Dr.Alaa Z

Jan 31, 2016

Great

By Muhammad I

Nov 10, 2016

Thank you for this course. It give me some knowledge about power :)