Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA
Mar 24, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF
Jan 21, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

126 - 150 of 673 Reviews for Influencing People

By Robinson N

Dec 3, 2020

So complete, the defensive tactics at the end gives you just that thing other courses skip: how to play the game with other seasoned players

By Anil M

Jul 23, 2019

Well Managed Classes or Session. Proper content especially the details provided. Great Instructors and felt like regular classroom sessions.

By Muhammad I A T

Jun 5, 2016

It is a wonderful course for professionals working in different settings. It sharpens interpersonal skills and makes a person better leader.

By Andrew R

May 23, 2016

Phenomenal course which backs up virtually all of their claims with actual scientific evidence. Definitely useful and highly recommended.

By Bisujaksha V

Mar 3, 2018

Very good course, it really explains strategies on how to influence others and also how to protect ourself from other unwanted influence.

By Murali K P

Jun 6, 2016

Very useful information that is delivered in a succinct way. I highly recommend this course for any one working on corporate environment.

By Aarti v

Apr 4, 2020

i loved this course as this gave me understanding how to influence people around and even to protect our-self from unwanted influence.

By João L A A S

Jan 18, 2016

Very good, the spelling is clear and easy to understand, even for who doesn't speak and/or listen in English and the content is awesome.

By LIM K H

Apr 30, 2020

Great course and I'm glad to learn extra knowledge during this quarantine period, it is never to late to learn and improve yourself 🔥

By Ana R P

Sep 16, 2018

Such informative course, very interesting. The student had learn a lot, thank you so much to my instructor for instructing Ana Pelayo.

By Tingting L

Dec 11, 2017

I think this cours is very useful.

I got the structural understanding of power and how to influence others in a good way.

ready to use!

By Angela T M

Sep 5, 2017

This was an excellent course. The professors were very engaging and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this influencing course.

By Marwa M A A E N

Jan 24, 2016

Intresting to know what's happining around you all the time and how to practically deal with it. i recommed this course to all people.

By BEY G K

Apr 28, 2020

This is a very interested and useful course. The course is clearly explanation on the tactics how we influence people. GREAT course,

By Joc C T

Sep 22, 2017

This is an excellent course. The lecturers are very knowledgeable and experienced. Also, the videos are well curated and developed.

By Dina K

Aug 4, 2017

Very, very interesting! I love the Stanford prison experiment part. I watched the movie little after

to learn about the subject more.

By Adelia A

Nov 2, 2020

Thank you so much coursera for giving me the chance to this course that was made for me, so i can learn a lot of things i never know

By Alerik E C R

Oct 28, 2020

A great course on how to influence people ethically and effectively. It also taught how to protect yourself from unwanted influence.

By Prajeet V

Nov 12, 2019

it was an awesome experience as it was my first online course.

Got to learn a lot from this course to use in my day to day work life

By Shelly S P

Jun 14, 2017

This course has benefit me a lot with many insights and I love how they bring the material to let the audience understand it easily

By Tekabe Z

Nov 18, 2019

Very interesting course module along with nice presentation system.I learnt alot and much excited to explore more.Much Appreciated

By umesh p

Feb 4, 2016

I really loved this course. It was quite interesting course and I learned a lot from it. It kept me engaged throughout the course.

By Brian G

Jun 24, 2020

The Course was very informative & I learned a lot.

Thank you so much DOST Caraga & COURSERA for this amazing learning opportunity!

By Chalee U

The lectures contain a lot of practical examples and research support evidences. Easy to understand for those who have no basics.

By Walid B

Sep 17, 2019

I really enjoyed the lectures and learnt many steps that I used to do or missed to do to influence others or others influence me.