Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

126 - 150 of 457 Reviews for Influencing People

By Mitesh G

Jan 07, 2016

Amazing!! And Surprising with Correct Information displayed in fun interactive and inspirational way. Keep up the GOOD work!! :)

By Jason M

Feb 06, 2017

Good course that helps provide a solid overview to help understand the importance of influence and how to effectively apply it.

By Juan P G

Feb 08, 2016

Really good and useful content. Instructors offer a lot of real life examples. I probably will pursue the whole specialization!

By Brenda W

Jul 14, 2017

Week 1 of completing the course and it's already helped me in the workplace! Good material, great videos. Highly recommended.

By Bertrand K

Nov 28, 2016

Probably the best mooc of the specialization. Some really nice insight about psychology in the workplace. Highly recommended.

By Tram H

Feb 07, 2017

After a year of learning this course, I still remember & able to use some of the techniques in my work.

Thanks and well done.

By Carlos A G L

Sep 14, 2016

Excellent Course!, full of useful and actionable information. Excellent Instructors and explanations. Pure gold!. Thank you.

By Dyana A

Jan 22, 2016

Great course, because it gives you tools to be successful in whatever you do at whatever level you are at your organization.

By Anna L

Aug 31, 2017

I found this course to be extremely helpful. I will definitely be using the information I learned in my work. Thank you!

By 魏清君

Apr 21, 2016

Great course! The course structure is clear and straightforward. The content is rich and also inspires me to think a lot.

By José J C

Oct 10, 2016

Excellent course.

Good examples, tips and tricks.

No matter how experienced are you, this course definitively adds value.

By Guillermo R M

Apr 07, 2016

Very good! I have found clear and concise concepts, very valuable. Very useful for using in all kind of relationships.

By Faris Q

Nov 15, 2016

Very beneficial for both personal and professional life. It provides useful techniques and methods to be influential.

By Dinmukhamed J

Jun 28, 2016

Very helpful course on self-development! Thank you very much for everyone who participated in creating this course!!!

By Efrain M B C

Jun 28, 2018

Excelente curso, aprendí bastantes técnicas que me permiten ser mas asertivo en mi relación laboral y con clientes.

By Vimal K T

Jan 25, 2016

This is a excellent source for learning about influencing others and How to protect yourself from others influence.

By GC

Feb 08, 2016

Helpful summary and reminder of aspects of influence in the professional and organizational context. Very helpful.

By Nadia L

Dec 20, 2015

Very practical and concret. I was afraid about the manipulation tactics, but it's realy clear and deep. Thank you

By Iryna A

Oct 30, 2019

This course helped me identify different ways to persuade others and protect myself from the unwanted influence.

Jun 02, 2018

Great course. Wish I'd done it years ago, before influencing people in ways which were not always beneficial :)

By Ashleigh P

Jan 09, 2016

This course provided me with real tactics that I could begin utilizing immediately both in and outside of work.

By Mikael A

Dec 27, 2015

Well paced and explained, also relatively useful tuition in life, highlights rather extensively on the subject.

By tiffany a

May 09, 2017

The instructor was very thorough, and communicated the information in a way that was very easy to understand.

By Helvécio C d S

Jan 27, 2016

Informações importantes para quem etá a frente de equipes, seja formalmente ou informalmente. Excelente!!!!

By IOANNIS S

Sep 08, 2019

I have gained new skills, new way of seeing my work, my superiors and my team mates. It was really hepful