Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

251 - 275 of 433 Reviews for Influencing People

By Agustin C

May 17, 2016

Really good training and it has proved to be really useful. I knew some of things things already, but having them in a structured way is extremely useful for me.

By Santiago

Dec 22, 2015

I enjoyed this course. Thank you very much for the material!

By Francis

Feb 13, 2016

Great lessons that helps me to think more about how people influence people and how to exercise one of the most useful,practical tatics to inluence!Thank you!

By Linda C

Oct 22, 2017

Brilliant course, as is the whole specialisation. Thank you so much!

By Feng Q

Jan 03, 2016

very useful. bringing a lot tactics out of subconscious. I love it.

By andrei-klepikov@yandex.ru

Feb 08, 2016

nice, however needs more examples on resistance

By Brendan C

Dec 21, 2015

Outstanding! All of the information presented in this course is highly practical on a day-to-day basis and the manner that it is presented is easily absorbed. The presenters are explore the ideas in a crisp and professional manner, and the ideas presented have increased my confidence greatly - five stars!

By Remy D

Dec 18, 2015

Great food for thought, clearly presented

By Volodymyr G

Jan 23, 2016

extremely useful course to understand tactics of influencing others and protect yourself from an unwanted influence of others. Applicable in business, work as well as day-to day life.

By Ahmed A

May 04, 2016

Great, great class! You learn a lot about social interactions and the types of influences that you can leverage despite not holding formal roles of leadership.

By Koustav C

Jan 22, 2016

This has been an extraordinary course which really helped me to perceive my performance at work and how to improve them through proper communications. I enjoyed the course overall, just hoped it continued a bit more

By Cathy W

Jul 27, 2016

Loved this course! Great instructors.

By Sonmy C

Apr 12, 2016

Amazing Course! Great influential instructors. Very good training content!

By Sayeed M M S

Dec 18, 2015

I'm loving this course. The instructors are great. Make things really easy for us to understand.

By Yousry A

Jan 04, 2016

perfect course, helped me a lot to organize my thoughts about power

By Elvira M

Jan 12, 2016

Great course! Full of insightful and very useful information. :) I highly recommend this course.

By John B

Jan 09, 2016

Excellent course and a great kick-off point for further self-driven research

By Rebel B

Jan 06, 2016

A very engaging and informative course. The content was well laid out and easy to follow. I enjoyed the assignments and would recommend the course as professional development for anyone in a leadership position in a large organisation. I have already recommended to 6 colleagues who have enrolled in the course (I must have influenced them!) :)

By Chengbo W

Jan 25, 2016

very nice course

By Jolene S

Jul 01, 2016

Sorry I missed the class.

By Tingting L

Dec 11, 2017

I think this cours is very useful.

I got the structural understanding of power and how to influence others in a good way.

ready to use!

By Bisujaksha V

Mar 03, 2018

Very good course, it really explains strategies on how to influence others and also how to protect ourself from other unwanted influence.

By Ahmed A H

Dec 09, 2016

it's very important

By Deokumar G

Jun 15, 2018

Doctor Max Sytch is an excellent narrator of the psychology and strategy of business. his voice is easy to listen to, as well as his expressions, i am having a great time learning, thanks!

By Michael N

May 08, 2017

Really, really useful for people who work in any business. High quality course.