Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

51 - 75 of 433 Reviews for Influencing People

By Ksenia H

Jul 12, 2017

Great course with many practical tools one can apply to increase their influence and create successful buy-ins. It also creates a very good understanding of different types of power and influence, which is far from being limited by the organizational hierarchy. Highly recommended!

By Joshua T

Dec 21, 2015

This course far exceeds my expectations as an influencing people course. Quite detailed, applicable to everyday context and complete too.

If you are a business leader looking to influence your organisation in order to increase productivity, this course is for you.

By Juan A A

Dec 04, 2017

Great material!

By Sateesh K C

Dec 30, 2015

This course is quite elaborate and the course content and lectures are quite effective.

By Roxy M

Apr 03, 2016

This course is amazing. I've only been through the first week, but I've already learned more than my actual classes at school. It has given me a different perspective on power. I have already found this information useful in my current office and will be incredibly valuable when I am put into a leadership position. Thank you!

By MARTIN J

Jan 08, 2017

j'ai pris un très grand plaisir à suivre ce cours. Il est vraiment agréable à suivre et l'on peut appliquer directement les cours dans la vie personnelle et en entreprise. je le recommande.

By Carlos A G L

Sep 14, 2016

Excellent Course!, full of useful and actionable information. Excellent Instructors and explanations. Pure gold!. Thank you.

By Harmanjot S

Mar 26, 2016

Good

By Amruta

Dec 21, 2015

Very good class. Gives real life examples and helpful tips to make yourself better at workplace.

By Sohail

Apr 17, 2017

good

By Christopher B

Dec 09, 2015

As both a healthcare professional and an executive for a healthcare organization I am blown away by how good the courses within the Leading People and Teams specialization are. I found Coursera through my own search for personal professional development and every course I have done has been top notch but the courses in this specialization really raise the bar. I have encouraged my peers and subordinates to take the courses within the Leading People and Teams Specialization and we may actually do a coordinated effort to get leaders and aspiring leaders into this Coursera specialization.

By Felipe V B C

Dec 18, 2015

the lessons are awesome

By José d J D L C G

Jan 05, 2016

Excellent course and teachers!! Congratulations

By Mauricio A V C

Jan 22, 2016

Simply amazing! Everything in this course is so useful. Thanks for the journey.

By GC

Feb 08, 2016

Helpful summary and reminder of aspects of influence in the professional and organizational context. Very helpful.

By Lenisse B

Jan 02, 2016

Excellent content with examples.

By Rana W

Jan 13, 2016

Very interesting course and has highlight the awareness in me for good politics.

By Oxana M

Feb 15, 2016

G

By Catarina C

Dec 17, 2015

With the right balance of time spent on videos, good amount of scientific background supported by studies and excellent practical tips to put the theory into practice!

Very clear language and simple / easy to follow structure.

Learned a lot with it and highly commend it! Well done.

By Marcos P B

Feb 08, 2016

Recommended for everyone. Everyone must know it.

By Arjan d B

Feb 21, 2016

Very course. Good explaination of the influence that is already taking place in our everyday live. This course tells the way's to influence others. Another part of the puzzle with things occur and sometime nog go as planned in influencing others.

By Deepak S

Feb 27, 2016

Best leadership course that I have taken. I wish this was available few years before and I would have done so many things differently to get my ideas forward and made the right impact to organization benefit. Great course, immense learning and insight...I would highly highly recommend to everyone who wants to understand the nuance of power and influence and use them to get there right ideas forward and avoid getting influenced with wrong ones. Go for it!!

By Terry B

Mar 06, 2017

This is AMAZING MATERIAL. I am SOOO GRATEFUL that the instructors helped verbalize things into perspective that I thought I knew but didn't know how to analyze. Thank you so much for this course. I loved it.

By Muhammad I

Nov 10, 2016

Thank you for this course. It give me some knowledge about power :)

By sharad h

Jan 11, 2016

Whether you are an Entrepreneur, working in a corporate environment or even a student. This course will introduce you towards concept of social influence in all contexts.