Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA
Mar 24, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF
Jan 21, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

51 - 75 of 633 Reviews for Influencing People

By Joshua T

Dec 21, 2015

This course far exceeds my expectations as an influencing people course. Quite detailed, applicable to everyday context and complete too.

If you are a business leader looking to influence your organisation in order to increase productivity, this course is for you.

By Lothar H

Dec 28, 2015

an exceptional course, directly usable learning material in one's work and life. great presenters and teachers. I love this course and would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who wants to or needs to influence others without manipulating or being manipulated

By Eugene W

Jul 29, 2020

We are social creatures. What's life if we don't know how to interact and influence others? This course talks about the different tools we can use to persuade people, and how to protect your self from being influenced by others. I'd recommend this to anyone.

By Geoffrey S

Jan 11, 2016

Great insights, very useful contents. The assignments are a good addition to the lectures & quizzes - it makes it more interactive and "forces" you to think about the content more deeply and in relation to your own experiences.

Geoffrey (The Netherlands)

By Carlos O M

Jun 30, 2020

Un curso excelente, todas las estrategias y el como evitar caer en ellas, abordadas durante este mes fueron (en lo personal) de suma ayuda mejore como persona y logre mi meta la cual es un incremento en mis ventas. Altamente recomendable el curso.

By Arjan d B

Feb 21, 2016

Very course. Good explaination of the influence that is already taking place in our everyday live. This course tells the way's to influence others. Another part of the puzzle with things occur and sometime nog go as planned in influencing others.

By Catherine A

Dec 29, 2015

Thanks a lot. I was very happy to take this course. It was very interesting and the teachers were very clear and passionate. I learned a lot of tools which I intend to implement. I would have liked to know more about what to do with manipulators.

By Navjeet S

Oct 4, 2017

I loved the layout of the course and how it builds the framework of Influence. The content is rich and meaningful. The exercises are engaging and make you think. The peer reviews are a great way to learn from others. I recommend this course!

By Sagar K

Jul 6, 2016

I heard about this course in a article on business insider. The in depth explanation provided as well as the related practical experiences makes it more interesting. Congratulations for the team for putting together such a good content .

I found this course very useful, also well explained. The teachers are best at explaining the data. Also the examples given are just perfect for understanding. After completing this course I'm sure gonna influence people successfully.

By Daham B

Dec 16, 2019

I did not expect this course to be so informative and to the point. Almost all of the course content was daily applicable at work. It gave me clarity of situations where I need to be emotionally involved but be analytically involved.

By joseph.c.vickrey

Jan 10, 2016

An excellent course with a great design! Learned a lot and was able to apply it in such a way that made it personal and made the material more tangible. I look forward to more courses from these instructors and this institution.

By Jishnu S

May 9, 2020

the course gave me some very good insights into influencing people!It gave me so much more information than i expected!Also,the experiments are very fascinating and it has made me develop an interest in human psychology as well!

By Yǜyǐng R

Jan 26, 2016

Useful & practical & easy to grasp & summary videos at the end of each section

The projects require a little thought, but are incredibly inspiring. Students actively participated in the discussions, providing valuable opinions.

By SAMIYA H

Jul 9, 2020

This course is very beneficial for me. I would like to recommend this course to my friends. I learnt a lot from this. The concepts, the examples were helpful to understand. I'm gonna implement this skill in my life. Thank you!

By Madan R

Apr 17, 2018

True Awesome course and its really good to know the Influence power and tactics. I would refer everyone in my circle and influence them to attend this course. Thank You for helping us to live better by Influencing People.

By Moudinet P

Jan 23, 2016

So far, the best course I've ever had. That was fascinating in a way the presenters conveyed the influence techniques. I will definitely sign up for the next course from University of Michigan on personal development.

By Koustav C

Jan 22, 2016

This has been an extraordinary course which really helped me to perceive my performance at work and how to improve them through proper communications. I enjoyed the course overall, just hoped it continued a bit more

By Brent W

Jun 3, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Bronzetti N

Dec 20, 2016

Very good course, clear, concise and quite complete. It gives plenty of practical reflections to have on your daily life and the recap videos at the end of each week are perfect to revise from time to time.

By ARVIND M

Aug 2, 2017

Excellent course to know how to influence, build relationship and uses the bases of power. A must take for people working in a team! Again, Scott and Maxim are good at keeping people engaged and energetic!

By Sudhakar B

Jun 5, 2020

It's great course which insights on Influencing people and protect team from manipulation. Indeed it helps me a lot in my professional career. Looking forward for more course and adopt in future.

By Babu D

Jan 19, 2016

Some techniques were intuitively known to us but a clear structural classification of our knowledge plus many fresh insights are available in the course. Strongly recommend it for all leaders

By Zhaoyang L

Jul 16, 2020

It is great to learn what is different from manupulate and influence, it is up to the intention. also know the strategy how to protect the team from the harm of manupulation. Great course!!!

By MARTIN J

Jan 8, 2017

j'ai pris un très grand plaisir à suivre ce cours. Il est vraiment agréable à suivre et l'on peut appliquer directement les cours dans la vie personnelle et en entreprise. je le recommande.