Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

151 - 175 of 434 Reviews for Influencing People

By Jim

Feb 21, 2016

Great info, really helpful for my day job.

By Joshua T

Dec 21, 2015

This course far exceeds my expectations as an influencing people course. Quite detailed, applicable to everyday context and complete too.

If you are a business leader looking to influence your organisation in order to increase productivity, this course is for you.

By Juan A A

Dec 04, 2017

Great material!

By ARVIND M

Aug 02, 2017

Excellent course to know how to influence, build relationship and uses the bases of power. A must take for people working in a team! Again, Scott and Maxim are good at keeping people engaged and energetic!

By Anna L

Aug 31, 2017

I found this course to be extremely helpful. I will definitely be using the information I learned in my work. Thank you!

By Paul K

Sep 09, 2016

I've taken a bunch of Coursera Courses, and these were my favorite. Fun to watch and packed with useful stuff I wish I had known a long time ago.

By Mohsin R M

Jan 30, 2016

Wonderful course I haven't realized the power of influence before taken this course! Thank You Coursera!

By Ye T

Sep 09, 2016

this course provides a good structure of how to influence people. very useful!

By Kerollos

Feb 16, 2016

This course is very useful ,it forces me to invite my friends to enroll in it.Thanks for your effort.

By Andre R B

Jan 01, 2016

very interesting.

By Sateesh K C

Dec 30, 2015

This course is quite elaborate and the course content and lectures are quite effective.

By LauraValls

Jan 31, 2018

I enjoyed very much with this course and learn a lot.

By Brenda W

Jul 14, 2017

Week 1 of completing the course and it's already helped me in the workplace! Good material, great videos. Highly recommended.

By Andrey G

Jan 10, 2016

I liked it very much! Many thanks for your job!

By Arno H

Dec 27, 2015

Thank you very much for the course. It was very good - would have been perfect if the slides would have been provided :)

Would be great if there would be a course: Influencing People part 2

By Geoffrey S

Jan 11, 2016

Great insights, very useful contents. The assignments are a good addition to the lectures & quizzes - it makes it more interactive and "forces" you to think about the content more deeply and in relation to your own experiences.

Geoffrey (The Netherlands)

By Terry B

Mar 06, 2017

This is AMAZING MATERIAL. I am SOOO GRATEFUL that the instructors helped verbalize things into perspective that I thought I knew but didn't know how to analyze. Thank you so much for this course. I loved it.

By Anne V S

Nov 20, 2016

Exceptional! This course has impacted me in a very significant way! Thank you!

By Miguel V

Dec 29, 2015

Interesting for business people

By Mitesh G

Jan 07, 2016

Amazing!! And Surprising with Correct Information displayed in fun interactive and inspirational way. Keep up the GOOD work!! :)

By Laisvidas

Jan 30, 2016

Very useful course!

By Elisma E

Jan 02, 2016

Influencing People is really helpful to me. I had in mind that you should be the Head in order for me to influence people, now I have another conception.

By Fellipe M F

Dec 16, 2015

Amazing!

By Vishad R

May 10, 2016

Very refreshing and intimidating. Nicely designed, useful in practice

By Nnamdi O

Dec 25, 2015

Great Course !!!!!! Week two is an exceptional lesson on Influence.