Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

176 - 200 of 435 Reviews for Influencing People

By Tram H

Feb 07, 2017

After a year of learning this course, I still remember & able to use some of the techniques in my work.

Thanks and well done.

By eold7

May 08, 2016

I really want to continue enrolling in Michigan State University after having this course such attractive, I also would consider this university for my master degree.

I love that this is not a theorethical course, this has so many examples, so many practical tips, this is what I consider as strong in the course.

By Mikhail K

Dec 27, 2015

Love these specialization. each course is great so far.

Many thanks to all who made it possible.

By Christopher A

Sep 27, 2016

The course is well presented and the content is packed with information and great techniques to use in your work world and in everyday life. I really enjoyed the lectures and Scott DeRue, besides being a world leader in his field, is an engaging and personable speaker who brings the course to life.

Despite the course being very engaging and worthwhile, I am dismayed that you cannot take the tests if you do not buy the certificate of completion option. I understand purchasing the Course Certificate and understand that it costs time and resources to put this course together. However, since the tests are scored by a computer, the developers are not doing any work for free if they allow test access and scoring to those who choose not to buy the certificate option. By barring the those people from taking the tests, the MOOC suddenly becomes not so open anymore. People often wonder how a process or a product gets from A to B where it goes from open access to access for a limited few. This, the little step of denying access to test taking in courses that purport to be open, is that first step. Once this take further hold, more and more course will become less and less open and the MOOC system becomes the MOC system of just being Massive Online Courses.

Please maintain the spirit of the MOOC by allowing testing access to all learners, not just to those who pay for the certificate. Thank you.

By Elena P F

Jan 13, 2016

Amazing, very well presented with a contagious enthusiasm

By Gediminas D

Oct 07, 2016

Superb course!!

By Gaurav K

Dec 27, 2015

Excellent course material and Instructors !! :)

By Trupti G S

Feb 13, 2017

I enjoyed learning this course. The content is very useful. Thanks so much!

By Luiz C D J

Feb 05, 2016

Muito bom esse curso, instrutores com altíssimo nível.

By AGHOUI M

Oct 17, 2017

great course

By Geoffrey S

Jan 11, 2016

Great insights, very useful contents. The assignments are a good addition to the lectures & quizzes - it makes it more interactive and "forces" you to think about the content more deeply and in relation to your own experiences.

Geoffrey (The Netherlands)

By choi h

Sep 03, 2016

Practical and interesting!

By Iván C S R

Nov 12, 2017

Thanks for a really powerful material and tools.

By Egil A G

Feb 26, 2016

Extremely well articulated!

English is not my native language, and the teacher was very good at repeating important words so I was able to understand it fully.

I loved the way the teacher reached out to our mind by making us think rather than telling "predigested" material. He presented facts and suggestions that fired my interest.

This course lets you as a student form your own opinions and your own strategies based on facts and suggestions.

The community was also very good at commenting and helped me expand my own "horizon"

By Dian D

Dec 10, 2015

It's only been my preview week but I'm nearly finished & greatly hooked. :)

By Svitlana B

Oct 19, 2017

Practical and useful course that make you not just think but act

By Marwa M A A E N

Jan 24, 2016

Intresting to know what's happining around you all the time and how to practically deal with it. i recommed this course to all people.

By dimitris

Feb 13, 2016

Just finished the audit part of this course, all 4 weeks and its an incredible course that everyone that is dealing with people in any capacity should take. Fascinating and interesting plus will teach you a lot of power, tactics and useful ways of how to do things better.

Totally recommend it.

By Dinmukhamed J

Jun 28, 2016

Very helpful course on self-development! Thank you very much for everyone who participated in creating this course!!!

By FRANCISCO J Z S

Apr 04, 2017

El tema del curso es muy interesante. Los profesores explican los temas de una forma clara, concisa y amena. Muy recomendable si quieres saber cómo ser influyente, no solo en tu trabajo, y cómo protegerte de la influencia de otras personas (no solo en tu trabajo). Quizás hecho en falta más recomendaciones sobre lecturas o vídeos sobre el tema, pero eso no afecta al curso.

By Eddah K

Apr 03, 2016

I learnt a lot and gained practical skills. I believe the course has made me a better leader.

By corehuan

Nov 18, 2016

The sample are early to understand, and the teachers explain the principle well.

By Vimal K T

Jan 25, 2016

This is a excellent source for learning about influencing others and How to protect yourself from others influence.

By Mujeeb A F

Jan 22, 2016

P.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

By chase z

Jan 22, 2016

The speech is clear and inspiring. This is a cool course.