Back to Influencing People

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Influencing People by University of Michigan

This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority. You will learn about effective ways to build, develop, and sustain a power base in your organization. You will also learn influence tactics that enable you to be more persuasive and influential in working with your superiors, peers, and even subordinates. In addition, you will learn how to build and maintain high-quality relationships to further maximize your informal power and ability to influence others. Importantly, you will distinguish between influence and manipulation and learn how to protect yourself from the unwanted influence of others. The influence strategies you learn in this course will make you a more confident and influential leader, presenter, and decision-maker. You will more effective in pitching business ideas to your superiors, influencing customers, and building coalitions across stakeholders. This course will not only give you strategic guidance on how to develop and maintain your network for influence and power, but we will also equip you with specific tactics and strategies that are proven to work for gaining power and influencing people....

TA

Mar 25, 2019

A very useful course, presented in a very simple and structured way, using an easy English language with a lot of subtitles.\n\nYou shall like and get a huge benefit from the materials and the course.

MF

Jan 22, 2016

Really useful course! I learnt many new ways to influence others and protect myself from other people's influence.\n\nP.S The cover is a deal-breaker. I joined this course after watching the intro.

201 - 225 of 435 Reviews for Influencing People

By Sunanda V

Aug 13, 2016

I loved the course. Very clearly step by step, I could review my current situation, and the tips that were given were clean, ethical ways of handling people we find difficult to deal with in life. It was more like a self empowerment course.

Both the facilitators were awesome, people I learnt to relate with within 4 weeks time. Their expertise and experience showed in each of their classes. The examples and experiments used were eye openers and very interesting. I watched and heard them more than once.

I enjoyed the course thoroughly... Thank you!

By Harmanjot S

Mar 26, 2016

Good

By kateryna

Jan 02, 2016

I really liked this course. It was concrete and well prepared and interesting, easy to archive. I had an experience in similar training classes, so I consider that is really useful to repeat or learn, if you a new in this topic. For me, is the must that the professor(s) was good in public speaking, other way I will feel boring.

I would like to suggest this course to others.

Kind regards,

Jun 25, 2016

Очень хороший курс, заряжает

By Navjeet S

Oct 05, 2017

I loved the layout of the course and how it builds the framework of Influence. The content is rich and meaningful. The exercises are engaging and make you think. The peer reviews are a great way to learn from others. I recommend this course!

By Ivette R

Jan 13, 2018

It gave me such an empowerment for my new level of Management. It is very helpful.

By Syed T G

May 28, 2016

The course really unfolded the secrets of influence, bases of power and tools to influence.

By Dragon X

Dec 07, 2015

Great

By Carlos D

May 19, 2016

excellent course and materials

By Edna R B V

Feb 28, 2018

I liked so much, I learn really good tactics for to influence people.

By Subin M

Mar 12, 2018

They should have had the all the lessons for auditing.

By Patrycja E S

Feb 07, 2016

Very professional course. It taught me how to deal and manage certain groups of people.

By Jose L G F

Dec 10, 2015

Increible y muy enfocado a lo practico..!

By 丁学良

Dec 31, 2015

very good

Dec 24, 2015

Outstanding! Outstanding! Outstanding! Need I say more?

By Marcio C A

Feb 20, 2016

Awesome!! Very good techniques for our life.

By Gerardo L

Mar 06, 2016

Really good, maybe include more practical examples

By Heather H

May 25, 2016

Extremely useful content.

By Veronika P

May 15, 2016

It's a great course, thank you! Many useful examples and I like the use of extern videos and materials!

By Diego B

Jan 03, 2016

Excellent!!!!

By Gulnisa A

Jan 28, 2016

v

By Joc C T

Sep 22, 2017

This is an excellent course. The lecturers are very knowledgeable and experienced. Also, the videos are well curated and developed.

By 武利鑫

Dec 09, 2015

非常的棒,值得去学习

By Andrew K L

Dec 10, 2015

wonderful course... lots of influencing tactics and analysis !