Back to Innovation Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovation Management by Erasmus University Rotterdam

What is innovation management? How do firms bring in new business models and get new products and services to the market? Go on a nine-week journey through innovation management concepts, theories of idea generation, selection, strategy formulation and implementation in this MOOC in Innovation Management. In it, you will also learn the tools for implementing innovation projects yourself. Guided by world-class academics, you will develop an innovative mindset and expertise in how firms successfully create new ideas for marketing new products. The syllabus also includes sessions about innovation strategy, idea management and social networks. During this course, you will learn how to: • use the main innovation management terminology and concepts • explain the adoption life cycle and innovation adoption at the individual level • define creativity and explain how creativity can be stimulated • recognise and describe three types of idea management systems • explain what an innovation strategy is and why it is important • describe what a product portfolio is • explain how innovation projects should be selected and managed • explain the importance of teams, team structures and networks for innovation. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s leading business schools, and ranked among the top three for research. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who carry their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Go to www.rsm.nl for more information. This nine-week MOOC in Innovation Management is taught in English. There is no fee to participate in the programme....

AH
Jun 13, 2020

Um dos melhores cursos que já tive online. Boas explicações, bom exemplos, bons professores e bons temas. A sugerir e partilhar. Muito benéfico para quem quer entrar no mundo da inovação e da criação.

BP
May 13, 2020

Well organised and with a lot of commitment from the faculty. I would like to see deeper discussions on most of the topic. It felt like the faculty was trying to oversimplify ideas. Thank you

26 - 50 of 383 Reviews for Innovation Management

By Luís M B d M

Mar 15, 2021

I enjoyed a lot doing this course not only because the professors are very interesting, the materials were very well structured and the information clear, but also because it provides useful tools to utilise in real life projects, specially for those that have do manage innovation.

By Horst H

Nov 6, 2016

A very professional, content-rich, well-structured, all in all simply excellent course. Good speakers who absolutely know what they are talking about. All material provided as downloadable files - this is best practice. I profited very much from this course. Highly recommended.

By Jack H

Jul 21, 2020

Great overview of the innovation management process within companies. I found the interviews with representatives from firms such as Phillips quite valuable. This course content should be standard knowledge for leaders and managers at all levels of an organisation.

By Sifiso J M

Jun 2, 2019

Good intro course , necessary for building and moving an organisation forward in their innovation management . Break down some assumptions that i had with innovation and enabled me to be able to do proper portfolio management on the many ideas in the organisation

By Lotty P L

Sep 5, 2019

The professors are very knowledgable and communicate the ideas in a clear and organized way. I thought the assignments, quizzes, and final exam were very fair. Thank you for this course, I learned a lot and enjoyed the videos and examples from real companies :)

By JELI N

Jul 25, 2020

The course well covered and the instructors are knowledgeable. The flexibility of the course make it easy for someone that is busy to follow at his own pace. The assignment helps to challenge individuals on innovation and team work. I am really impressed.

By David R

Sep 19, 2017

Really well presented , clearly a lot of effort went into creating this course.

presentations were clear and the interviews with business leaders were particularly interesting.

The quality of the course has encouraged me to do further courses with Coursera.

By Alex T

Apr 26, 2016

I wish Turkish professor could have better pronunciation, or there could be a speaker to let students better understand the course. Despite this the course is great, thank you all for what you are doing.

Best regards

Alex Tikhanov

Minsk, Belarus

By Ernest K

Jun 13, 2020

An easy to follow, well paced course that constantly kept you engaged throughout the modules with short quizzes. You are continuously tested with courseworks, which you can success with others, and a test at the end to test your knowledge.

By Yick H L

Sep 9, 2018

Very good content to help you build up understanding about innovation management. The coverage is board and at the same time inspiring for deeper thinking for your daily work, as a innovation strategist or brainstorm session execution.

By Renan C L

Dec 25, 2020

Amazing Course!!!! One thing I really love it because you have any different specialist professors so you can have different backgrounds. They teach very deep about innovation in Management, you'll really open your mind and knowledge!

By Bhooshan

Nov 24, 2019

I really enjoyed participating in this online MOOC and it's the first time that I didn't feel like giving up midway! Thanks to the team of professors for compiling this information on innovation and presenting it in a very lucid way.

By Elena

This is a very good course that helped me understand how to move from an innovative idea to its real implementation and take into account both financial and human risks and errors. I thank you for your work in creating this course.

By Andrea L

Oct 23, 2020

Great course and I learnt additional information through coursework and discussion. I can understand all the content taught in this course and this really build up my critical thinking and knowledge. Thanks for a wonderful course!

By Jorge F C

Mar 27, 2020

Very good, I can understand the prinicpal topics of innovation managment, with that training I can work better in my company. I recommend this course to all people want go deeper into innovation process. It´s a great experience!

By Gustavo L R

Oct 26, 2020

The course is excellent, with a lot of clarity in the concepts and real examples. Even having previous studies and experience on the subject, it has been of great help to me. I think it is a must for those who run a business.

By Vivek G

Aug 26, 2020

THE COURSE ON INNOVATION MANAGEMENT WAS REALLY AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE IT WAS VERY MUCH HELPFUL FOR ME TO DO MY DOCTORAL STUDIES. HEART FELT THANKS TO ALL THE PROFESSORS OF ROTTERDAM UNIVERSITY AND ESPECIALLY TO COURSERA TEAM.

By Sharjeel M

May 6, 2020

A very great course with great aspects covered in field of innovation management. This course is designed very carefully considering practical examples and scenarios.I hope this course helps every one in real life scenarios.

By Verbilovich I I

Apr 19, 2020

I fell in love with the course. I highly appreciate my mentors and thank you. I know a lot of courses and this course is one of the best courses ever. In a nutshell it is exiting and inspiring.

I also enhanced my English.

By Roel H

Aug 17, 2020

Very interesting course. It gives a complete overview of innovation management, good balance between theory and practical examples with sometimes interviews with industry leaders. I learned a lot from this course.

By Jyotirmoy D

May 7, 2020

This is my first course which I could complete. The explanation was to the point and although I come from a core technical background, I had no problems understanding the somewhat 'management oriented' concepts.

By Tatjana Č N

May 12, 2020

Great course to get overview and concrete ideas on how and where to start or improve your innovation management. More involvement than in some of the other courses makes your consolidation of knowledge easier.

By Lana T

Mar 18, 2019

The innovation management course was extremely helpful. It is very straight forward and very well structured. I sure recommend this course to my colleagues and friends who are involved in innovation projects.

By Laura M

Apr 5, 2021

Interesting and valuable course, it approached the innovation management from the various perspectives to get a complete overview. Then I would like to deep dive into it, but I get the foundation. Thanks

By MAYUR P

May 15, 2020

i'm delighted, my right and left brain are now in balance and i now have enhanced motivation and confidence in me that i can perform better in future, thank you so much for providing us the opportunity.