Back to Innovative Finance: Hacking finance to change the world

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Innovative Finance: Hacking finance to change the world by University of Cape Town

To address global poverty - do we really not have enough resources or do we not have the right tools to allocate our resources? The tools of finance, when applied correctly, can be an enabler of social and environmental outcomes. This course is designed to give you the ability to build innovative financing strategies that work towards outcomes such as financial inclusion, access to energy and access to education. The innovative finance process has five key components. It starts with identifying the outcomes you are looking to achieve and next moves on to due diligencing your issue area using techniques like design thinking to make sure you are designing with the end user. Next you must map all of the resources available for your outcome and then discover opportunities to augment these through business model innovation, multi-stakeholder partnerships and innovative financial structures. Finally, the last step is to put all of these pieces together to design an innovating financing strategy. Each week dives into a component of the process using examples and real case studies from social entrepreneurs, non-profits, development funders, impact investors, governments, foundations and more. Over five weeks you’ll learn about new types of revenue creation, financing approaches, business models and partnerships. By the end of the course, you’ll have the ability to hack finance for social change. Watch the course trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSMUoCJgqkw...

DE
Mar 30, 2021

The course helped me understand innovative ways of financing and provided me with the tools and skills to further develop and apply in my professional career.

MM

This course fulfilled my expectations on learning some finance aspects to reach funds for a social enterprise I am heading for. Totally recommended!

26 - 42 of 42 Reviews for Innovative Finance: Hacking finance to change the world

By V.V.L.N. S

Aug 7, 2019

Excellent course with contemporary issues of Society where we live.

By Mandy L G

Jan 9, 2018

An excellent course for anyone involved in social work!

By Thando K

Dec 2, 2019

Very informative course, lots of material and ideas.

By Russell B S

Excellent material, case studies and instructors

By Zaakir E

Apr 18, 2019

The best online course I have done so far!!

By Jay S C

May 10, 2019

Amazing, informative and very relevant!

By Donna-Luisa E

Nov 16, 2020

It was very in depth. Good course

By Tammy D M

Dec 10, 2018

Thanks for another great course!

By Alphonso S

Jun 5, 2018

Excellent! Quite an eye opener.

By Andrew K K

Oct 4, 2020

Muy bueno

By Mayuri D

Apr 8, 2020

Course is very nice but during checking assignments classmates are very less . Only few students checking assignments. Grades came too late.Even my 2 nd ,3rd and 4th assignment not checked .Please noted that.

By Alexandre R

Apr 16, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed this Innovative Finance course as it ties in perfectly with the work I do at Edge Growth managing the ASISA ESD Fund as an impact investor. Alex Rodrigues

By Ashok R

Jul 26, 2018

A well-packed course delivering essential knowledge of unique financing options for social projects.

By Mayuri D

Apr 3, 2020

great course

By Rowena S

Mar 14, 2021

It is unfortunate that I found my assignment cut-and pasted by one of the course participants and claimed my work to be his own! I flagged this with Coursera, but I only received an automated response saying Coursera takes integrity seriously. Coursera said they would look into the alleged plagiarism. However, over the course of a few weeks, I could still see this student moving along, while Coursera sent me no other follow up notes about my complaint. The quality of other assignments submitted also made me wonder if the students understood what was taught and what was required of us. On the positive side, the cases and readings were good, and I read them all. I wish you well and hope you address the issue that I flagged.