Back to Introduction to Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices

Introduction to Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices, University of Minnesota

About this Course

This introductory course provides a framework for incorporating integrative therapies into your work with clients or patients. By the end of the course, you will be able to assess if integrative therapies are good options in specific situations, as well as educate patients and colleagues about benefits and risks. You will be confident discussing the evidence base for integrative therapies in general, with an understanding of some of the challenges of research in this area, and able to identify reliable sources of evidence-based information. You will leave with the skills to partner with patients or clients around use of these therapies and a plan to introduce integrative therapies in your work or other setting. Continuing Education Credit This course has been designed to meet 15 hours of Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards. Retain the certificate of completion for this course to complete records that may be required to document continuing education activities. This course is also approved by ICHWC (Health Coaching) for 15 continuing education units (CEP # 100057). For example, this course is approved by ICHWC (Health Coaching) for 15 continuing education units (CEP # 100057)....

By AA

Mar 29, 2019

After the course applied its reiki healing therapy on some patients & results have come out well.

By RW

Mar 09, 2019

Really enjoyed the class. Learned a lot and am excited for the next series of classes to come!

9 Reviews

By Rashida B

Apr 12, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. I wasn't sure if Integrative Health and Medicine would be the right career path/change for me moving forward so instead of jumping into the degree program I decided to start with the certification. After completing this first course, I'm more on fire for this change, even more enthusiastic about helping others on their health journeys. The work isn't easy but still with it, more than worth it.

By Luana Scanlan

Apr 11, 2019

I learned a lot in a curriculum that is concise, and interesting due to the multi-media approach, and provides lots of opportunity to interact with others. I especially appreciated that interactive video with the patient going through his first round of chemotherapy.

By Francisco Javier Mestre Ramírez

Apr 05, 2019

amazing!! the info and the evidence! your masters doing this! thanks from colombia!!

By Amanda Belshaw

Apr 02, 2019

A great introduction to the wide range of topics that fit into the category of complementary medicine. I do not have a medical background and found it easy to understand and follow along and only had to look up terms in the dictionary a few times for clarity.

By Janis Freeman

Mar 31, 2019

Very good introduction to integrative therapies. I liked the discussion of background, potential uses, and also potential risks and scope of practice issues. The links for further reading were also very good.

By Aneeta

Mar 29, 2019

By Luis René Huesca Salas Ortega

Mar 22, 2019

is really helpful and very nice to know that in USA finally take actions to the applyance of alternative medicines, that what i´ve learned is not called it like that anymore, but Integrative..which is awesome.. because in Mexico city still having problems either with altenative and complementary....this certs..even when is not a certification like that. is really helpful and will helped me a lot in my private medicine office consultations and treatments. I wonder some day have more assets to travel til Minnesota and knowing the campus and the instructors. i´m pleased.. thank you very much

By Rebecca Warren

Mar 09, 2019

By Nicola James

Feb 22, 2019

An enjoyable and interesting course. I 'audited' this course as I am not an integrative therapist but wanted to learn a little about the course content for my personal benefit. I would recommend this interesting course to both integrative therapists and its users. My thanks to the educators, course organisers and my fellow learners for their posted comments.