Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

551 - 575 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Ale D

Jun 10, 2017

Very useful. Excellent introduction

By Alfredo M S

Dec 27, 2016

Este curso es excelente!!!

By Ren-Chao L

Apr 21, 2017

The courses were easily understandable even people have no experience to design programs. I learned how to code using Python and how to design a game.

By Oussama E H

Apr 09, 2017

great cours with a lot of important informations and skills to learn

By Florecita R

Feb 17, 2017

I enjoyed this course a lot! They really accomplish to make it fun :D The explanations are very clear and concrete, simple but not boring. I can't wait to learn more in part 2.

By Michael A

Mar 02, 2017

Well done beginner course to Python and computer programming.

By Dimitry

Apr 12, 2017

As a linguist by education and a person with no programming exprerience I can say that this course is rather difficult. At the same time it is interesting and filled with not only knolwedge but also with humour and fun (thanks to the professors).

And as far as I was able to accomplish it and to build a Pong game, I can recommend it as a first step into programming.

See you in part II

By AN-HUNG ( T

Aug 21, 2018

Learn a lot! Know more about Python through building little fun games by yourself.

By Miao H

Aug 04, 2018

Great class! Highly recommended.

By gowri s

Aug 22, 2018

Very good

By Oliver P J S

Jul 21, 2018

spot on

By 邓智剑

Jul 22, 2018

Clear and brief illustration of using python as a tool to make video games. Cool!

By Asfandyar M

Sep 30, 2018

Beneficial.

By Yiqing W

Oct 02, 2018

It's a good elementary class to help you start the study of Python. And writing some little game is interesting and fantastic.

By Heba I

Oct 14, 2018

I really enjoyed watching and rewatching the videos xD the instructors are fun and the mentors on the forums are alert and helpful .

About the content : it teaches python as well as some mathematical in different way , Gamification ,and i like that .

By Hao W

Oct 02, 2018

Completed

By Martino F

Jul 23, 2018

It's perfect if you follow the part 2 course. It's a gentle but firm start to program in python!

By Yanliu L

Jul 28, 2018

This is my first programming course, a little difficult but those mini projects are so interesting! The attracted me to try my best to finish the course! I felt a huge development of programming skills!

By LIM C S

Jul 25, 2018

Good lecture. Especially, it was nice to be able explain the python programming in an easy to understan

By Milena I M

Jul 26, 2018

Great way for learning Python, very interesting and practical!

By Xidong C

Jul 31, 2018

Awesome and good support from the forum

By Tang H

May 02, 2019

very good course!

By 陈妍妤

May 04, 2019

very good very useful! very warm teachers!

By Paramjot S

May 07, 2019

Wonderful course to get you started with problem solving using python. Very engaging content as well as instructors. Thanks a ton!

By Judy S

May 06, 2019

as a starter and never write programming before, it is quite tough. I wrote in to ask question, but reply is quite general to ask me to re-go thru video or document. Definitely i did not get it or understand it, thus ask the question but the reply is ask me to read the book again.. something like that. Is this a good answer?

I hope the respond can be more specific. Other then the reply, i quiite enjoy it and like the way it structure the programming. At time, i am very struggle and forum reply can be quite technical to me. But so far, i manage to get thru. I spent more than 10 hours to do the mini project.... hahaha..

I thought this program is no min skill requirement, right?