Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

526 - 550 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By gowri s

Aug 22, 2018

Very good

By Jingxia P

Sep 11, 2018

the best Python intro ever

By Soaham S

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. I like that the assignments actually offer a challenge and make you use your skills like an actual programmer.

By Hae-Ji P

Sep 13, 2018

This is the perfect course to improve programming skills in python. Especially, mini-projects were awesome! Had fun! :)

By Heba I

Oct 14, 2018

I really enjoyed watching and rewatching the videos xD the instructors are fun and the mentors on the forums are alert and helpful .

About the content : it teaches python as well as some mathematical in different way , Gamification ,and i like that .

By Emil K

Oct 17, 2018

Very, very good material and great overlap of what is required in the quiz / assignments with what is taught. The instructors had fun teaching this course and so did I. Great job, thank you!

By Tang Y H

By Oleg S

Great course for starters

By Kacyn R

Sep 26, 2018

Was actually a very interesting class! I feel most computer programming classes should be structured like this. Learn a hell of a lot more actually programming rather than taking tests and quizzes.

By ALOK Y

Oct 19, 2018

It's been a great course for me.I would like to thank all the teachers, without their valuable advice I will not be able to complete this course.Coursera is a great platform to learn many things.

By Andres H

Oct 22, 2018

This course its a little hard walk through in the programing basic concepts, although the concepts are very funny to learn they lead to a deep understanding of programming essentials

By Luis B

Oct 22, 2018

Is amazing the way Im learning thru this class...

By Mike L

Aug 25, 2018

Intro-level course

By longtran123

Aug 15, 2018

Great course

By Sharon C

Aug 28, 2018

Very helpful, the mini-quizzes in between each episodes forces you to pay attention and keep wake ;P

By Ed M

Aug 30, 2018

Awesome, great for beginners

By Дилбарян А Р

Oct 25, 2018

Great!! I can tell, it was the best experience in my life! I'm thrilled to continue study Python and other languages.

By Blaise B

Nov 08, 2018

Great course. I started with zero programming experience. But I am gradually building skills that empower me to solve problems. The classroom lectures are aren't too long nor boring. Concepts are explained in a clear and concise manner and you can try them out in real time.

I completed Part I of the course in less than one week. Highly recommend.

By Zhujun L

Nov 05, 2018

The structure of the course encourages students to write code on their own, which is the best way to learn a programming language.

The professors in this course explain concepts clearly, and they are fun!

By Khubaib K

Nov 13, 2018

Great material and learnt a lot.

The thing that makes this course really insightful and great is that Professor Joe and Scott made us learn the Interactive programming without going into the deep libraries of Python such as 'pygame' by making a custom development environment CodeSkulptor for us.

And the thing that makes this course interesting is how both Professors Scott and Joe play the game with each other at the end of each module.

Looking forward to join part 2 of this course to learn more cool and amazing things.

By Kim M C

Nov 16, 2018

good

By KWONSEMOK

Nov 14, 2018

G

By EmmaG

Nov 18, 2018

learned a lot ,thanks

By Maksim U

Nov 17, 2018

I have never had any experience with programming before this course. It was a pleasure to complete the course, the material is well-structured and the tasks are reasonably challenging. I would really recommend this course to all newbie programmists.