Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

576 - 600 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Thomas P

Mar 29, 2019

Amusing and educational!

Which is the best combination!

I look forward to completing Part 2.

By Jefte d L F

May 16, 2019

Excelent

By SuperAlloy

May 17, 2019

A great introduction course of python programming for beginners. Both the optional practices and the quiz are well designed to help me review what I've learned. I learned a lot and enjoy a lot in the mini-project in each week, though I got stuck many times in debugging the code. And the instructors are humorous, which makes the class more enjoyable.

By James T B

May 27, 2019

Great course! Excited for the next one!

By Sahil B

Jun 01, 2019

Great Course

By Asitonie

Jun 04, 2019

The design of the course is very nice! Easy for me to learn!

By Robert S

Jun 10, 2019

I am not particularly new to python, but I am new to interactive programming. The material and the projects were relevant and interesting and thought it was a great introductory course.

By Azeb G

Jun 17, 2019

it was fun and exciting!!!!

By Jiayi F

Jul 17, 2019

Excellent course!!

By Ana P

Jul 22, 2019

Great course for beginners, great instructors

By Renjith

Jul 30, 2019

An Introduction to Interactive programming in Python is an excellent and master piece course which I have ever learned. The trainers showed new way of developing codes and feel the easiest way of writing program. As a beginner I simply felt the teaching is so easy to learn and courses are well articulated. The python programming using the software codeskulptor is so exciting. It gives multiple features like visualizing the code and understand how the object and classes are defined and how the state changes. How the transitions take place. I thank coursera and the professors of Rice university for their tireless effort for making such a wonderful learning experience. Thank you all for helping me.

By David A C L

Jul 28, 2019

Es un excelente curso para iniciar en el mundo de la programación, sus instructores están altamente calificados y lo que desarrollan es simplemente grandioso.

By Andrew B

Aug 15, 2019

Took as an audit. Course is well structured with difficult yet rewarding assignments.

By Kamya

Aug 11, 2019

It's one of the best beginner courses when it comes to Programming in Python. As someone who is from an entirely non-technical background, I was able to understand most of the material and have enjoyed the learning process entirely!

By AMRIT S

May 22, 2019

well taught, good courses.

By Michel Z

May 23, 2019

The best course on Python I've ever done!!

By Huilin H

Jun 13, 2019

Great class

By Harish K T

Sep 07, 2019

Very Good Start for a beginner in python.

By Abhishek J

Aug 22, 2019

Thank you so much for such a wonderfully structured course to explain the concepts of Python programming. I can't wait to start the Part 2 of this course to finally make the game!!

By Bockelmann, G

Sep 13, 2019

The course was very nice. It started from zero knowledge and the learning curve was good. It is highly recommendable.

By Rafael C

Sep 14, 2019

Effective and fun way to learn basic python concepts

By mube n j r