Back to Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution by University of California, Irvine

4.4

Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution is a growing area of importance considering the pace and volume of global transactions. The ease of global communication using technology, the abundance of cheaper transportation costs, and the frequency of businesses using cross-border talent is fostering millions of interactions a day between people of different cultures. Examine how the process of communication can be further complicated during interactions between people of different cultures. The topics of stereotypes, generalizations, communication styles, communication strategies, and communication orientations will be explored. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the dimensions of intercultural interactions that add to conflict 2. Analyze the dynamics of intercultural interactions 3. Plan strategies for success in intercultural interactions...

DD

Jul 17, 2020

Very good, compact course. Gave me some valuable inputs. Special thanks for the input on how our minds frame our intercultural expevctations. Also, for the three strategies of conflict resolution.

HP

May 22, 2016

Add an additional dimension of "wealth" to the list of intercultural topics. Class difference amongst poverty, middle class, and wealthy individuals and groups need to be understood.

51 - 75 of 93 Reviews for Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution

May 01, 2020

nice.

By Christopher K

Jun 28, 2017

While some of the material may seem obvious, the course did feature plenty of interesting ways of understanding the nuances and dynamics of intercultural communication. I now feel more competent at dissecting an intercultural conflict and understanding the causes behind it.

By Anne G

Aug 19, 2019

Great skill for the modern workplace. Working with people (locally or from a distance) from diverse backgrounds and experiences is more and more common and this course provided some excellent tools to limit or eliminate conflict.

By Patricia A

Jun 06, 2017

The content was interesting and very helpful. However, my paper did not get rated and I had to transfer to another session and for some reason it seems to be happening again. I hope this glitch gets fixed.

By Maria L

Dec 17, 2017

Aprendí nuevos conceptos y cómo resolver conflictos en un espacio de trabajo multicultural. Con los videos se ven los casos como ejemplos para practicar qué haría uno en esa situación. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Israel C

Mar 02, 2016

I would suggest to remake the lessons. The speech by the author is very interesting, but the images are a bit poor (and boring) in the sense of not completing to much their explainations. Thanks.

By DROTAR

Feb 17, 2020

Very interesting and enlighting class. It took me a bit longer to complete the course as I did not have enough assignments to grade.

Other than that, great, detailed oriented course.

By Andrea P

Oct 06, 2019

clear videos, examples and interviews. Great course to deepen these specific matters and start practice related soft skills on workplace from the beginning.

By JOSE M D

Sep 24, 2020

Some skills for facing off intercultural barriers is an important value that I have learned in this course

By Monica A

Oct 14, 2018

Enjoyed the cultural models shared. It's simple and useful. I'll be referring to these models in the fu

By Vanessa S I

Aug 07, 2020

I enjoyed how the course is detailed and engaging.

I recommended it to all my friends.

By Scheherazade T

Aug 23, 2017

Great content however, I found the slides distracting and hard to follow.

By Sam'un M

Sep 20, 2020

Good learning, and test cognitive abilities

By Chibuike N

Aug 08, 2016

Had a wonderful study with this course.

By Patrick M

Feb 11, 2019

Un cours pratique et bien dispensé.

By Andrea H

Oct 28, 2016

Good cours

By Nicola Q

Dec 08, 2015

Not enough face to camera time, in comparison with the other two modules in this course specialization. For me, that made it harder to recall the information effectively. But a very interesting topic.

By Abhilasha B

Sep 16, 2016

While this course, tackled the core problems in dealing with intercultural communication, the videos and case studies were confusing to me.

By Lisa D

Jun 18, 2017

This is a very good general overview of the topic but is short. I really enjoyed the peer review assignments.

By 肖艺濛

Jul 12, 2016

I am sorry to say, but I think this course helps me little