Back to International Organizations Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Organizations Management by University of Geneva

This course provides an introduction to International Organizations and the United Nations, and explores how business and management tools can be applied in these settings to achieve better, more effective results. With a focus on cross-sector partnerships in a changing world, the course offers you insights into the inner workings of international organizations and the challenges they face today. It will introduce you to effective, state-of-the art management tools and principles to help you lead change in this world – taught by senior staff of international organizations themselves. This is an introductory course offered by the International Organizations MBA (IO-MBA) of the University of Geneva, an executive program for change-makers in international organizations, NGOs and social ventures....

AA

Jul 06, 2020

This is definite one of the most interesting g course I have ever taken. The instructors are well grounded in the field with lots of experience in International Development and United Nations system.

MD

Mar 06, 2020

It is quite a good course. I am happy that I learnt something about International Organisations Management. I convey my thanks to the Team Coursera and the teaching team of the University of Geneva.

1 - 25 of 289 Reviews for International Organizations Management

By Daniel G

Aug 27, 2018

The Course is very good taught me everything i needed to learn, i hope to add to my CV by purchasing the certificate in September as soon as i get fund for it. Introducing me to marketing, communication and fundraising. I find very useful because i can use that to apply for jobs in Market communication, and PR. Can now care out more research, and extensive reading in marketing, communication and PR. As a graduate of International Relation and Politics. Knowledge in International Law and Global Justice which i started for my Masters but withdrawal as a result of financial difficulties. Addition this course; International Organization management has taking me one step closer of my dream of working for International Organizations such as UN, UNICEF, UNDO, World Bank, International Criminal Court etc and NGOs. These and many more course am adding relating to international field to enhance my knowledge and enrich my CV. All i need now is experience to get me all set to my career goals.

By Maria M

May 16, 2019

The course covers all managerial topics, explaining application of those on the NGOs. There are a lot of practical examples, and readings for further study.

By Mark N O

May 16, 2019

This was one of the best mind bungling course. its was short and quite interesting. i liked my professor Claudia Gonzalez with her wide experience in Diplomacy and Marketing .

By Amadou B

Feb 16, 2019

Je trouve le cours intéressent et j'aurai souhaité que l'université de Geneve puisse proposer une suite certifiante à ce cours pour plus d'approfondissement pour des gens comme moi qui rêvent d'intégrer une organisations internationales et pouvoir participer à un cet impact positif qu'elles laissent aux plus démunis.

By Matilda N

Apr 03, 2019

I found the course incredibly well-designed and compelling. I completed it within a short period because it was highly engaging and interesting. The lectures were well-presented and the readings interesting and made me reflect deeply. I would highly recommend this as an introduction to the management of international organisations.

By Mahendra K D

Mar 06, 2020

By Karim A

Aug 22, 2019

It was a very nice course. I have learned many new things. What I would have liked to see, however, is some of the video materials (provided in form of links) to be played during the videos.

By Gloria O

Jun 01, 2019

Thank you for the scholarship for this course! I have loved every aspect of this learning and I have learned so much within this period. It was challenging enough, well paced with very many useful resources. I'm really glad I got to learn so many new concepts and hear from a wide range of professionals.

By Farhana A C

May 20, 2019

International Organizations Management Course by Coursera is very helpful and effective. I am very pleased to be a part of the Course. It has successfully covered the crucial and relevant subject matters pertaining to International Organization management. The evaluation system following each week was also useful. My sincere thanks and gratitude to the University of Geneva and all the resource persons who worked hard to make this course useful.

By Tim R S

May 03, 2020

This course is a well structured and organized form of online education, that I can recommend to anyone interested in IO and international issues. I leared a lot from the high level education of the Universite de Geneve Professors and I want to thank everyone who helped creating this course for a broad online target group. Kind regards

By Waqar A

Nov 28, 2019

It was very interesting and useful course. Professor Claudia Gonzalez and her team have explained things in very simple and easy to understand way. no doubt I have learned a lot through this course.

Thanks Coursera for giving me opportunity and such wonderful platform to learn and enhance academic and professional skills.

By Temple N C

May 26, 2019

I highly recommend this course to anyone who seeks to have a well rounded background understanding of IOs management. The course content, video aided instructional materials and the the instructors' delivery surpassed my expectations. I am amazed that this offering is FREE!

By Matthew A Y

Aug 03, 2018

This course has simply blown my mind and opened my eyes to the complexities of International Organizations. I have further respect to those people in the field and also want to work towards being a part of their wonderful world.

By Muhammad A A

Jun 07, 2020

Great course with a solid introduction to qualitative research methods. Loved the enthusiasm in the videos and the assignments were practical and great practice to use the methods taught.

By MD. R A

Oct 07, 2018

This is beyond doubt that International Organization Management is five star class and I am proud to complete through coursera.

By FIROJ

Apr 12, 2019

I AM VERY HAPPY TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE & I WHOLEHEARTEDLY THANK COURSERA & INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS MANAGEMENT.

🙂🙂

By Gazmend G

Apr 11, 2019

Excellent course in content and in delivery!

By Spyros V

May 12, 2019

it is an excellent course, i would prefer if it was less historical context and more managerial aspects.

By Luis G A

Aug 25, 2020

Es un curso impartido por profesores experimentados y de prestigio con un contenido que da una idea general y bastante completa para poder iniciarse en el mundo de las organizaciones internacionales. El curso en general está bien estructurado y explicado. También hay lecturas adicionales interesantes en todos los temas.

En lo referente a la gestión propiamente dicha, hacen una explicación superficial, pero precisa y con muchas lecturas y ayuda para que uno pueda profundizar. Evidentemente, no es suficiente para gestionar una organización internacional, pero da las ideas generales y herramientas para poder iniciar el camino..

Tengo un MBA dirigido hacia las empresas y con este curso me han dado un enfoque hacia las IOs. Me ha parecido muy interesante y recomendable para el que quiera trabajar en este tipo de organizaciones.

Le doy las gracias y enhorabuena a la universidad de Ginebra y a todos los profesores del curso.

Un saludo,

L.G.A.

By Atulinde J

Sep 24, 2020

I wished the course could continue. The time I spent learning is worth it, the course has given me broad and well compacted understanding of international organisations, right from history. I have had to reflect many times on what NGOs can adapt to effectively engage with a variety stakeholders, how they can become more visible, communicate their impact and mobilise more resources through fundraising as opposed to tracking and responding to calls for concepts and proposals.

At the end of this course, I feel much more confident with my ability to support the strategic governance of NGOs. I wish there can be another stage of this course. A very special thank you to all the presenters, the University of Geneva ,and of course, the Coursera team for such making this resource accessible and affordable to everyone interested.

By Mohan K S

Jul 13, 2020

The Course is wonderfully designed, I got exposure to know the Historical context of International organizations, UN mandate, governance and functions. It helped me to know the global supply chain and trade agreements. It skilled me on following aspects too.

· Public private partnership

· Development the PPP governance structure

· To select the right partners

· Negotiation and brokering of partnership

· Building strategic marketing plan

· Using communication mix

· Media and branding

· Fund raising and developing case support and

Leadership & management

I hope, I will use all my learning in my work and I believe, it is a values addition to my professional career.

By Abhijna P

Jul 20, 2020

The course on 'International Organizations Management' offered by the 'University of Geneva' through 'Coursera' is indeed a great course for gaining wonderful insights of the 'International Organizations'. The course touches upon some very important and crucial aspects. The structure of this course in indeed great, but what makes this course awesome is its Faculties. All the faculties in the course are wonderful. They articulate the thoughts so nicely, that the course becomes so easy and interesting. I would really like to thank all the Professors and the whole team of the course. Kudos to you All!

By Augusto G

Sep 09, 2020

Excelente inducción e inmersión al mundo de los Organismos Internacionales. Los temas elegidos son extremadamente apropiados y adecuadamente ordenados para el aprendizaje. El staff encargado de impartir las lecturas es de muy alto nivel e incentivan a quienes cursamos el programa a involucrarnos en la misión de los Organismos Internacionales. Ginebra es la capital del multilateralismo y la Universidad de Ginebra es el centro adecuado para profesionalizarnos en este tan importante asunto.

By Abdul-Latif I

Jul 05, 2020

Very stimulating, educative and simple lecture format. I have learned a lot from this course practically than any other course or program of international relations/politics that I have undertaken. The course syllabus and content are relatable to the job descriptions at the United Nations that I have so far explored. Highly recommend for anyone looking to work in any international organization beyond the UNs itself. Thanks to the faculty members who have steered us throughout the course.