Back to Introduction to English Common Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to English Common Law by University of London

The common law of England and Wales is one of the major global legal traditions. This MOOC will give you an introduction to this influential legal system including its history, constitutional background, sources and institutions. You’ll learn about the different ways in which laws are made and interpreted, the English court system and the increasing importance of European Union and human rights law. Now is an especially exciting time to be learning about English common law, given the potential changes that lie ahead in today’s political, economic and social environment – all these pose challenges to and opportunities for the law. Each week we’ll focus on one aspect of English common law, using video lectures, readings, discussion questions and activities to enable you to learn about and evaluate key issues. Whether undertaken as a standalone course, or as preparation for the University of London’s world-class LLB degree, you will find this course interesting and stimulating. Please note that participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

FA

A comprehensive introduction to English Law. The lecturers outline things in a very clear manner and the readings cover the topic well. The quizzes are quite demanding. It is a very enjoyable course.

HJ
Jun 3, 2019

This course is a well designed one. It provides us a good comprehensive guide on the legal practice in England. I'm grateful to the designers of the course and 2 lecturers for presenting us this.

76 - 100 of 283 Reviews for Introduction to English Common Law

By GADHVI P

Feb 5, 2020

A brilliant course for learning the fundamentals of English Common Law. A very thorough explanation to the various approaches and systems.

By Dante F

Aug 12, 2020

Great course! Love the format of the didactics and assessments. Really provides an excellent basic knowledge of the English Legal System!

By Athira S

Mar 27, 2020

I have to say the method of teaching was outstanding. Anyone could easily understand and also it was very interesting.

Thank you so much.

By Nikeeta S

Aug 15, 2020

Amazing course!Little complex for a 14 year old but still. I am looking to apply at oxford for law so this would help me a lot thanks!

By Frances S

Great introductory course with in-depth structure. It flows easily and the mix of videos and reading made the course easier to digest.

By Renan d R S

Jun 6, 2020

incredible course, incredible teachers and incredible material, great experience, I will not say anything else to not give spoilers.

By Ilikan H

Jun 14, 2020

Gives a very nice brief overview of the English legal system without going too deep and complicated. I'm glad I took this course!

By Akolisa A

May 1, 2020

Excellent course. Good introduction to English law and I believe that it will help me in my LLB program that is starting tomorrow

By Rupert H

Apr 26, 2020

This course has been really interesting, well structured and it has definitely inspired me to further study Law later in my life.

By NETHMI N D S

Aug 13, 2020

I have really enjoyed doing this course as I have learnt so much, while receiving the information in a clear and simple format.

By Aanya C

Aug 10, 2020

This course gave me a good insight into English Common Law and I would love to pursue the same in the years to come. Thank you!

By Agathe B

Jul 5, 2020

A very interesting course that is great for beginners looking to learn about the English Common Law. I really recommend it.

By KHIKHINASHVILI L

Jun 29, 2020

Introduction to English Common Law is the most detailed and interesting course that gave me a lot of necessary knowledge

By Sergio P C

Jun 9, 2020

Un excelente curso para los amantes del derecho, te dá las bases que te podrá ayudar a entender el sistema Common Law.

By Flavia R

Oct 25, 2020

This course is very interesting, it explains all the aspects of the common law in an accurate way. I really loved it.

By Ana R E

Mar 11, 2019

Excellente introduction to de English common law system , im learning the consuetidinary system in English judicy law

By Sonia A S

Aug 4, 2020

Fantastic course! It's a perfect introduction for anyone wanting to gain more knowledge on the English Legal System.

By Dimitrios P

Oct 10, 2020

Excellent introduction to English common law; user-friendly and concise, with lots of extra reading opportunities.

By Amanda L V P

Jul 9, 2020

Very instructive. It fulfilled what was promised, giving the student an overview of the English common law system.

By Vivaan G

Jul 3, 2020

It was truly a very informative course on the English Legal System and provided me with an in-depth study on it.

By Muhammad U A

I am fallen in love with Coursera as it so rich in knowledge that i have learned a lot from it. Thank u Coursera

By Taimi M

Nov 3, 2019

The course was a great introduction covering many aspects of the law while providing engaging discussion topics.

By Nathan H

Jun 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learnt a lot, which I hope will help me when I start a law degree in October.

By Bineet S

Oct 4, 2020

very well-drafted course with great instructors. I learned about all the basics of English common law. thanks

By Abdus S

Aug 2, 2020

Really thankful to Coursera. For creating such course. Now I have learnt many things about English Common law