Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

126 - 150 of 487 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By John M

Jan 3, 2019

A really great introduction to cyber-security. Well though out and presented material from a lecturer who is a very skilled presenter.

By Don R R

Feb 12, 2018

Enjoyable overview of Cyber Attacks. Nice balance of videos and reading. Tests that make you think. Looking forward to the next class!

By Rakesh R B

Dec 21, 2020

very informative course. I am already student of cyber security in John Jay collage. This course will help more in my collage study.

By Muhammad S Z

Mar 11, 2018

Excellent introductory course on the topic of cyber attacks. Instructor knowledge and above all way of delivery is quite impressive

By Karl F

Oct 8, 2020

Very intereresting material. I especially like Ed Amaroso's teaching style as it has kept me concentrating all the way through.

By Monica S

Apr 12, 2020

A perfectly tailored course to build the mindset and perspective of the students aspiring to work in the field of cyber security

By M B

Jun 13, 2020

Great foundational inputs of cyber security. Highly recommended course. Thank you Dr. Edward Amoroso for sharing the knowledge.

By Lindsay F

Mar 1, 2018

This was a great introduction to Cyber Security. Easy to follow and very interesting. Looking forward to the follow up class!

By Okorie c

May 10, 2018

I found the course extremely informative, although I wanted a bit more practical hacking.

I enjoyed myself and i learnt a lot.

By John D

Dec 15, 2017

Excellent introductory class. The lectures are the perfect length and manage to impart knowledge in an entertaining fashion.

By Thoufeek A

Aug 7, 2019

Nice lectures by Prof.Edward Amoroso,Its not a practical about cybersecurity that needed as foundation for further studies.

By Matthew M

Sep 13, 2020

Really good course to start off. Dr. Edward Amoroso does a wonderful job simplifying some complicated parts of the course.

By Jorge F

Dec 8, 2017

I liked the course very much. It is interesting, well developed and the articles and videos are interesting and pertinent.

By Shubhangi P

Mar 7, 2020

The video was very understandable and useful as well as the paper listed and other study material listed with the course.

By Elvina G

Jul 15, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I learned a lot of things and will definitely continue with the specialization. Thank you !

By ahmed a

Sep 4, 2020

Gives a verry good intro about concepts , i like also how it highligh that cuber security is a risk management activity

By Егоров А Г

Feb 11, 2018

The course is very interesting and useful. Contains a lot of cool additional materials, I'll recommend you to know it)

By Rajendra S

Jun 23, 2020

course was really useful. Learnt a lot of new techniques to protect my clients from various types of attacks ........

By James A

Very nice lecture with tricky questions, pushing you to learn more in order to get the answers right! Loved it.

By Saumy A

Jun 20, 2020

A great way to learn something different beside ur field and the way they taught and helped is just amazing.

By Siddharth T

Apr 26, 2018

Energetic, passionate professor. Concise yet informative lectures. Also contains interesting guest lectures.

By G R S

Apr 10, 2019

I really loved this course as this helps pursue my passion and learn more about forensics investigations

By Fernando P L P

Jan 9, 2020

I loved the way I received the class, the materials... I could learn a lot about cyber security's world

By Katleho R

Jun 6, 2021

The course is exceptionally good. I will recommend it for everyone who is interested in Cyber Security

By Sumit S

Dec 14, 2020

It was good experience with this course and the way the lecturer teaches is also good thank you NYU