Back to Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll walk through installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent) and creating a MySql Database. You'll learn about single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language, as well as database design with multiple tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation. Lastly, you'll learn to model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses....

NB

Apr 25, 2020

Great course. The amazing thing about the instructor is that you will find something new and exciting in every course and that's why I loved this course and the remaining courses offered by Dr. Chuck.

RD

Sep 12, 2020

Great coursera, So much to learn but hard to catch(It was totally new to me).\n\nI mean, really, a few days ago, I didn't even knew what SQL was and now I am getting it.\n\nThank you very much.......

576 - 600 of 689 Reviews for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

By Luis A

Mar 15, 2019

A very good course taught by a fantastic instructor who makes learning fun. My only critical view is that it probably needs some additional examples or exercises for each section. Many of us learn by doing.

By Pratik V

Jun 23, 2020

concepts were explained nicely but felt that they were not that deep as expected like explanations were touch and go ,but since it was an introduction it helped tom get familiar with SQL, overall its good

By Ashfaq A K

Jun 25, 2020

Good to learn the basics of SQL. Gives you a detailed and easy introduction to the vast world of the database. Recommended to every student who is thinking of learning RDBMS for projects.

By UTKARSH S

Apr 24, 2020

All the course was very good but the last assignment is showing different things in assingment page and in grader submission page due to which it is difficult to submit that json file.

By Jingxuan W

Jun 03, 2019

I can't tell if the content is too chill before I use it elsewhere. But it is a good course in general. The instructor's teaching style is comprehensive, although too verbose as well.

By DELBAND T

Mar 25, 2018

Great class with a great instructor to go along with it. My issue is not with the content or the professor but rather the material covered or the lack of it. It is very short.

By Oluwaseun O O

Nov 09, 2017

I have avoided MySQL for years. I finally found courage to face my monster. This course being my first course on SQL makes it look so simple for me. Loving it sooooo much

By Tuomo P

Aug 19, 2019

Had taken SQL courses before, but this one really showed how to set up database from scratch. Great course on how to set up MySQL database on a basic level.

By Valter F

May 29, 2019

Great SQL entry point course. I'd recommend, that after you complete it you check some of the theory arround ACID properties, Transactions, DML, DDL, etc.

By Divyateja C

Oct 25, 2018

Perfect for absolute beginners in SQL. It'd have been better had there been more assignments and more advanced topics covered like JOINS.

By 2020

Jun 08, 2020

I finished my database class last semester as a graduate student. This class was a good review for what I learned in a practical way.

By Raghav R

Jun 03, 2020

Pretty decent and professional explanation. Could have included more number of assignments along with various other concept examples.

By Akshay L

Nov 24, 2019

Great course for beginners!!

All the basics are covered properly!, but would have been best

if covered all the SQL topics.

By Ubaldo G

Aug 30, 2020

Dr Chuck makes it to seem too simple. it's good, I feel I learned, but I am affraind when I face real life sql stuff!

By Gregg G

Nov 13, 2019

Course covered the basics in an easy-to-follow manner with an easy pace. Gave me a pretty good understanding of SQL.

By Alex R

Aug 01, 2020

Basic introduction to SQL. It gives a good overview of how to create tables, keys, and insert records into tables.

By Marco A D D

Jul 23, 2020

Good course, very well explained and with good material. I just expect a bit more difficulty on the assignments.

By Xin Z

Jan 01, 2018

It explains the foundamental knowledge about SQL and helps me to master some basic SQL language. Very useful!

By Sudhanshu S

Apr 30, 2020

Assignments should be more challenging and should be completely different from examples in video lectures

By Aditya K M

Apr 26, 2020

The instructions in the assignments are pretty tricky to understand except of that everything was great.

By Jere T

Jun 25, 2018

Maybe subject was so boring, that this was not so fun. Good part was that it was short and mostly clear.

By Yichun X

Jun 14, 2019

This course is very helpful to get me start self learning SQL, but over all it was a bit too easy.

By Shruti y

I really like this course but Ypu also have to involve some project for better understanding

By Christina W

Dec 13, 2019

definitely beginner and not intermediate. But fine intro for those who are brand new to SQL.

By Pravin K P

Nov 02, 2018

Awesome explanation of Introduction to Structured Query Language with proper example.