Back to Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll walk through installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent) and creating a MySql Database. You'll learn about single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language, as well as database design with multiple tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation. Lastly, you'll learn to model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses....

NB

Apr 25, 2020

Great course. The amazing thing about the instructor is that you will find something new and exciting in every course and that's why I loved this course and the remaining courses offered by Dr. Chuck.

KH

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you for teaching assistants for helping me while I had questions and got stuck during the course. Thank you for Coursera and Dr Chuck and teaching assistants again for the opportunity to learn.

601 - 625 of 727 Reviews for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

By Julia P

Oct 23, 2018

This course was a great intro into SQL. The professor is great- he makes the content engaging, interesting, and provides necessary context to understand the basics of SQL and databases. The only critique I have is I wish there was more practice, eg. more bonus homework assignments

By Enrique B

Sep 28, 2019

It is a very good course, it teaches you the basics of SQL from scratch in a very clear way, the professor ir awesome and the assignment test your knowledge, however, it is too short, I feel like there much more to learn in SQL, but as the title says, it is only an introduction!

By Yasaman S

Apr 24, 2020

Instructor was great. The course was really good. The only thing that I will change is more quick responses to Forums. Some of the questions were never answered or took a long time. I had other courses and questions were all answered in the matter of hours.

By Michael J

Apr 24, 2019

As with the previous classes in this specialization, I feel like there are a lack of assignments. I really was getting in the groove of things and then the class ended. I would have loved for one or two more assignments to be added.

By Willian G

May 12, 2018

It was a pleasant course, which has a very passionate instructor that now what he is talking about. I think this course covers all the basics of SQL, but it light up on how to become a DBA, or Web Developer by showing the way.

By Saurav j

May 12, 2020

Needs Lots of New Materials Needed to be added, Not up to the marks. I didn't enjoy this course much, plus JSON thing is worst I don't use Xampp. I prefer Mysql workbench and it doesn't convert the whole database into JSON.

By Lawrence

Feb 21, 2018

A good introductory courser for beginners for MYSQL!

The speech speed is appropriate and the language makes sense for non-CS students. There are not too many terminologies.

I will recommend the course to my friends.

By Luis A

Mar 15, 2019

A very good course taught by a fantastic instructor who makes learning fun. My only critical view is that it probably needs some additional examples or exercises for each section. Many of us learn by doing.

By Pratik V

Jun 23, 2020

concepts were explained nicely but felt that they were not that deep as expected like explanations were touch and go ,but since it was an introduction it helped tom get familiar with SQL, overall its good

By Ashfaq A K

Jun 25, 2020

Good to learn the basics of SQL. Gives you a detailed and easy introduction to the vast world of the database. Recommended to every student who is thinking of learning RDBMS for projects.

By UTKARSH S

Apr 24, 2020

All the course was very good but the last assignment is showing different things in assingment page and in grader submission page due to which it is difficult to submit that json file.

By Jingxuan W

Jun 03, 2019

I can't tell if the content is too chill before I use it elsewhere. But it is a good course in general. The instructor's teaching style is comprehensive, although too verbose as well.

By DELBAND T

Mar 25, 2018

Great class with a great instructor to go along with it. My issue is not with the content or the professor but rather the material covered or the lack of it. It is very short.

By Oluwaseun O O

Nov 09, 2017

I have avoided MySQL for years. I finally found courage to face my monster. This course being my first course on SQL makes it look so simple for me. Loving it sooooo much

By Mohammad M I

Sep 25, 2020

Course in nice but video length of every topics are long. Is better is video length if no more than 8 minute. it is difficult to keep concentration on this lecture

By Tuomo P

Aug 19, 2019

Had taken SQL courses before, but this one really showed how to set up database from scratch. Great course on how to set up MySQL database on a basic level.

By Valter F

May 29, 2019

Great SQL entry point course. I'd recommend, that after you complete it you check some of the theory arround ACID properties, Transactions, DML, DDL, etc.

By Divyateja C

Oct 25, 2018

Perfect for absolute beginners in SQL. It'd have been better had there been more assignments and more advanced topics covered like JOINS.

By 2020

Jun 08, 2020

I finished my database class last semester as a graduate student. This class was a good review for what I learned in a practical way.

By Raghav R

Jun 03, 2020

Pretty decent and professional explanation. Could have included more number of assignments along with various other concept examples.

By Akshay L

Nov 24, 2019

Great course for beginners!!

All the basics are covered properly!, but would have been best

if covered all the SQL topics.

By Ubaldo G

Aug 30, 2020

Dr Chuck makes it to seem too simple. it's good, I feel I learned, but I am affraind when I face real life sql stuff!

By Gregg G

Nov 13, 2019

Course covered the basics in an easy-to-follow manner with an easy pace. Gave me a pretty good understanding of SQL.

By Alex R

Aug 01, 2020

Basic introduction to SQL. It gives a good overview of how to create tables, keys, and insert records into tables.

By Marco A D D

Jul 23, 2020

Good course, very well explained and with good material. I just expect a bit more difficulty on the assignments.