Back to Experimental Design Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Experimental Design Basics by Arizona State University

This is a basic course in designing experiments and analyzing the resulting data. The course objective is to learn how to plan, design and conduct experiments efficiently and effectively, and analyze the resulting data to obtain objective conclusions. Both design and statistical analysis issues are discussed. Opportunities to use the principles taught in the course arise in all aspects of today’s industrial and business environment. Applications from various fields will be illustrated throughout the course. Computer software packages (JMP, Design-Expert, Minitab) will be used to implement the methods presented and will be illustrated extensively. All experiments are designed experiments; some of them are poorly designed, and others are well-designed. Well-designed experiments allow you to obtain reliable, valid results faster, easier, and with fewer resources than with poorly-designed experiments. You will learn how to plan, conduct and analyze experiments efficiently in this course....

KG

Mar 21, 2021

I have used Dr. Montgomery's book off and on since the early 1990s! It is an enjoyment to watch his lectures. The only caveat is that it is a short course, which should have been obvious to me.

HR

Sep 21, 2020

The peer review assignment is daunting as you are completely at the mercy of your classmates who might leave proper feedback on what you actually did wrong. Apart from that, great class.

26 - 45 of 45 Reviews for Experimental Design Basics

By Andrea S C

Jul 21, 2021

I​t provides a great base to understand experiment design.

By Mariana A M

May 13, 2021

Great course, very engaging! I highly recommend it!

By ANKIT G

Nov 17, 2020

AWESOME COURSE FOR BASICS OF DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS

By Allan J G

Dec 18, 2021

Professor Montgomery definitely makes it amazing

By Dayana G

Aug 6, 2020

Excellent course, very practical and applicable

By Anna B

Sep 9, 2020

Great course, highly recommend!

By José M P C

Jul 10, 2020

Great

By Juan F

Sep 1, 2021

This course introduced me to the language and tools used by DoE practitioners. I recommend this course to any professionals who lack any formal DoE courses and work in any field were experimentation is required.

Why not 5 stars? I am not a fan of the course's reliance on JMP. My ability to apply what I've learned will be severely limited if I expect my employer to purchase the software. As an alternative, I did all the computational work using the "statsmodel" library in Python, but this required a significant amount of additional research.

By JOEL L S M

Mar 25, 2021

El material ha sido excelente! Aunque me fue dificil por no tener un dominio de inglés. Esto me ha llevado a decidir que aprenderé bien el ingles para seguir llevando los demás módulos y ser un especialista en Diseño de experimentos de ingeniería.

By José A Á R

Feb 21, 2022

O​verall I found the course very intersting and useful. Dr. Montgomery does a good job explaining the topics, and also his student with the JMP exercises. I removed one star because often I found myself having problems reading the slides.

By Raul Z

Jan 13, 2021

pretty good course , it would have been great to have pdf or brief with the material, the book is great too , class notes would have been great.

By Nik B B

Jan 4, 2021

Good material but slow and dry. Assignments were bad and in a non-standard programming language.

By df20211534 L R V

Apr 19, 2022

Very informative for understanding and grsping of concepts

By Fernando M

Sep 14, 2020

Nice course.

By Rakesh M

Nov 12, 2021

I​t is good if you want theoretical understanding from 1970s book.

By Rómulo R Y L