Back to Introduction to Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python by EDHEC Business School

The practice of investment management has been transformed in recent years by computational methods. This course provides an introduction to the underlying science, with the aim of giving you a thorough understanding of that scientific basis. However, instead of merely explaining the science, we help you build on that foundation in a practical manner, with an emphasis on the hands-on implementation of those ideas in the Python programming language. This course is the first in a four course specialization in Data Science and Machine Learning in Asset Management but can be taken independently. In this course, we cover the basics of Investment Science, and we'll build practical implementations of each of the concepts along the way. We'll start with the very basics of risk and return and quickly progress to cover a range of topics including several Nobel Prize winning concepts. We'll cover some of the most popular practical techniques in modern, state of the art investment management and portfolio construction. As we cover the theory and math in lecture videos, we'll also implement the concepts in Python, and you'll be able to code along with us so that you have a deep and practical understanding of how those methods work. By the time you are done, not only will you have a foundational understanding of modern computational methods in investment management, you'll have practical mastery in the implementation of those methods....

MA
Nov 29, 2020

Awesome Course, Great instructors that give a nice balance of theory and practice, the practice is very hands-on and will help you understand the theory and give you useful tools from the first week.

SW
Aug 5, 2020

I am self taught in Python and have an industry background in Finance. This course was a good connector/provided additional insight on using Python to process portfolio performance and data analysis.

76 - 100 of 306 Reviews for Introduction to Portfolio Construction and Analysis with Python

By Adrián C

May 6, 2020

This course is the best value for money. I was able to put what I learned into practice from the very first week. I have been able to automate many of the daily BAU processes of my job thanks to the valuable skills gained.

By Roozbeh G

Dec 4, 2019

What started as an effort to learn about investment, turned out to be the best Python lesson I had ever received. The long lab sessions taught me how to build a tool from scratch, during which I learned many Python tricks.

By José A R M

Dec 26, 2020

This is an excellent course. It has the best explainations and selection of topics. Very useful to people who want to approach to python but it would be better to have previous knowledge about finance and programming.

By antonhs e

Mar 31, 2021

The lecturers were amazing. Having only a small background in finance, the material and the explanations provided helped me a ton wrapping my head around concepts that before I found confounding. 100% would recommend

By Moreno C

May 16, 2020

Excellent course.

A perfect blend of theory (lectures) and practice (Python Labs).

In order to take full advantage of the course, it is desirable to have a previous knowledge of Python and of modern financial theory.

By Harsh S

Nov 27, 2019

This course was absolutely spectacular! Kudos the team at EDHEC Risk Institute! It's one of the best courses I've done so far. The best part is the blend of theory and application to real-life data on Python.

By Shivani A

Apr 3, 2020

The course is really nice and builds strong fundamentals for asset management using Python. I found the lectures and lab sessions full of new concepts. For me the week 4 of the course was a bit challenging.

By Toluwalope R

Jul 18, 2020

This was very interesting and a huge difference and great addition to what is taught at university. It was really helpful to the investment decisions made by investors in reality and the reason behind them

By Nipun A

Jun 26, 2020

The course is organized really well. It takes you through important concepts; from the basics to more advanced with time, which is accompanied by lab sessions where you practice and see results yourself.

By tanish s

May 3, 2020

very good explaination and implementation on python of each and every concept of portfolio construction.

i have tried different courses but this one is the best among all present in the market right now.

By Shengyang X

Oct 4, 2020

Very good courses for teaching portfolio investment analysis using powerful Python coding. During the course, we also learn a lot of Python programming skills. Very helpful and useful for future career!

By Ahmed H

Mar 30, 2021

Excellent Course for me as an investment professional. It really helped to refresh many topics of financial investment and then the course digs deep into Python Programming and real-world applications.

By Shane W

Aug 6, 2020

By David C P

Apr 26, 2020

Martellini and Vaidyanathan are awesome. i'd like it more if they would point to optional readings that explain the math behind some stuff (e.g.: CIR bond pricing equation).

Looking forward to mooc 2

By Kazuto A

Excellent course. A lot of Python programming practice. Although I am a beginner for any code writing, these lectures are well structured to take me toward the most sophisticated codings.

By Antonio C

Apr 11, 2021

A well-balanced course between theory, applications and coding. If you are an intermediate finance student that is looking for a practical toolkit with python, this is the right course

By K a l o u

Mar 7, 2020

One of the best online courses I have ever taken. Combines very efficiently theory and practice. I highly recommend it and I will continue with the other courses of the specialization.

By Harsh Y

Sep 16, 2020

Perfect Course to get started with the basics of Portfolio Construction. The python code with the guided lab sessions becomes easy and quick to grasp and the instructors are awesome!!

By Jason

Jun 11, 2021

W​ell taught and really like the mix between practical and theoretical lectures. Explain in simple language and starts off simple but gets progressively harder. Highly recommended.

By Nawatch H

Nov 6, 2020

Really appreciated Lab instructor. He has vary solid knowledge in both investment and Python. very clear explanation and easy to understand. Thanks for help lifting up my skills

By Mangaiyarkarasi T

Aug 8, 2020

The course was right paced and assignments were challenging. The moderators were very helpful in their support and feedback. Looking forward to doing more course with the Edhec.

By M. W

Mar 23, 2020

Highly recomand you to type all the codes in Lab-Session, after this course you will improve both of your programming skills and theoretical fundament in investment management.

By MANTHAN B

Jun 20, 2020

Seriously an amazing course! I have got great learning of both financial concepts and python coding. instructors are super amazing. The approach is quite practical and useful.

By Dwaipayan B

Feb 29, 2020

Very insightful. Learnt a lot of new things in finance which can't be learnt in regular undergrad programmes in universities. Thank You to EDHEC RISK INSTITUTE and COURSERA...

By Омар А К

Sep 2, 2020

The greatest course I have ever seen! Thanks to both Lionel and Vijay. Every piece of theoretical and practical knowledge is given in very informative and comprehensive way.